Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by KUTradition »

“I hope that I can continue to be a part of making that ‘a more perfect union,'” the 84-year-old Supreme Court Justice told the jam-packed Marc Theater, referencing the famous opening line of the Constitution. “The idea of a Constitution that is still being perfected but is ever more inclusive is something that will drive me. It’s a tremendous honor that I have this job and this huge responsibility.”
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:05 pm “I hope that I can continue to be a part of making that ‘a more perfect union,'” the 84-year-old Supreme Court Justice told the jam-packed Marc Theater, referencing the famous opening line of the Constitution. “The idea of a Constitution that is still being perfected but is ever more inclusive is something that will drive me. It’s a tremendous honor that I have this job and this huge responsibility.”
Who's quote is this? A justice that wants to change the constitution?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ever hear of the phrase “living document”?

if you weren’t aware, the 2nd AMMENDMENT was part of a change to the constitution…as were all 27 AMMENDMENTS

(pssst…that why they’re called that)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:30 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:05 pm “I hope that I can continue to be a part of making that ‘a more perfect union,'” the 84-year-old Supreme Court Justice told the jam-packed Marc Theater, referencing the famous opening line of the Constitution. “The idea of a Constitution that is still being perfected but is ever more inclusive is something that will drive me. It’s a tremendous honor that I have this job and this huge responsibility.”
Who's quote is this? A justice that wants to change the constitution?
If you were being honest and didn't know who's quote it is/was....
It was an "old" (84 - as it says in your post) Jewish woman who died with cancer and while she was greatly admired, she kind of fucked Liberals - so you should probably be a fan of hers.
On a semi related side note, if she had died with Covid I would have expected an oh well, she was going to die anyways, so who cares, from you. Well, she wasn't fat so maybe not. You tell me.

No, not a Justice who wanted to "change the Constitution". A Justice that right there in your post was "referencing the famous opening line of the Constitution" and then said - "The idea of a Constitution that is still being perfected but is ever more inclusive is something that will drive me. It’s a tremendous honor that I have this job and this huge responsibility".

YOU have a problem with that? I feel ANY and EVERY Supreme Court Justice has a duty and responsibility to feel that way. You disagree?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:10 pm ever hear of the phrase “living document”?

if you weren’t aware, the 2nd AMMENDMENT was part of a change to the constitution…as were all 27 AMMENDMENTS

OMFG
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:57 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:10 pm ever hear of the phrase “living document”?

OMFG
i know, right?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Are any of you starting to realize this election is really about the deep state vs the American people

Biden is the deep states puppet, nothing more
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

America 2023 = Having to deal with satire and bigotry being the same thing at times - and how people are either massively offended or not offended at all and should probably be something in-between?

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:58 pm America 2023 = Having to deal with satire and bigotry being the same thing at times - and how people are either massively offended or not offended at all and should probably be something in-between?

How is that bigotry? It's satirizing bigotry.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Mjl wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:00 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:58 pm America 2023 = Having to deal with satire and bigotry being the same thing at times - and how people are either massively offended or not offended at all and should probably be something in-between?

How is that bigotry? It's satirizing bigotry.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-amer ... -rcna91174
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

That's dumb. It's satire. I don't agree with it and think the regular framing of all conservatives (so, like, half the people who vote) as bigots is lazy and inaccurate. But when the newspaper calls this bigotry - I just find that appalling.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:47 pm That's dumb. It's satire. I don't agree with it and think the regular framing of all conservatives (so, like, half the people who vote) as bigots is lazy and inaccurate. But when the newspaper calls this bigotry - I just find that appalling.
^^^

That's why I open so many of my FB posts with: Just because you're a republican doesn't mean you're a bigot, it just means you're OK with bigotry.

In my experience, both of the republicans I know who aren't bigots, appreciate the distinction.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I just take issue with the fact that a newspaper is essentially attacking satire itself as a form of expression.

A better response from them would have been to find a cartoonist to create one satirizing the left's tendency to call everyone racist.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Mjl wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:11 am I just take issue with the fact that a newspaper is essentially attacking satire itself as a form of expression.

A better response from them would have been to find a cartoonist to create one satirizing the left's tendency to call everyone racist.
^^^

Much like nearly "everyone" who criticizes Israel is considered antisemitic.
Derek Cressman
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Feral wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:23 am
Mjl wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:11 am I just take issue with the fact that a newspaper is essentially attacking satire itself as a form of expression.

^^^

Much like nearly "everyone" who criticizes Israel is considered antisemitic.
That's a pretty shitty comparison. The comparison there would be not everyone who criticizes a black person is racist. And it's true - but it depends on the criticism. But that's exactly what some liberals pulled during the Obama years, calling anyone who criticizes him racist. Just like there are some, though I'd say far far far fewer, who call any criticism of Israel antisemitic. I certainly don't. But I sure as hell call anti-Zionism antisemitic.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

People who've been here a while got the reference, I regret that you didn't.
Derek Cressman
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I usually don't
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Bernie has some quote like “it’s not antisemitic to be critical of a militant extremist right-wing government in Israel”
randylahey

Post by randylahey »