COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:01 am
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:10 pm If you need to be told by threat of your job to get a safe, effective, life saving vaccine, than your an asshole idiot. I don't feel sorry for you AT ALL for ANY negative thing that happens as a result of your selfishness.

You technically have a choice to hit women too, but I don't go outta my way to defend the people who do.

Set aside that you can choose to do any shitty thing you want...that doesn't make it right.
were you drinking hard liquor last night.

do kirie irving now.
But for your political loyalties, you'd normally be the first person to jump on here to talk about how dumb of a decision it is to throw away multi-million dollar careers because you couldn't handle a potential afternoon of mild flu-like symptoms.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Anyone watched Dope Sick? I could see that fuelling anti-vaxism if it gets popular.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:10 am
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:10 pm If you need to be told by threat of your job to get a safe, effective, life saving vaccine, than your an asshole idiot. I don't feel sorry for you AT ALL for ANY negative thing that happens as a result of your selfishness.

You technically have a choice to hit women too, but I don't go outta my way to defend the people who do.

Set aside that you can choose to do any shitty thing you want...that doesn't make it right.

do kirie irving now.
But for your political loyalties, you'd normally be the first person to jump on here to talk about how dumb of a decision it is to throw away multi-million dollar careers because you couldn't handle a potential afternoon of mild flu-like symptoms.
i wasn't drinking hard liquor last night. i was in bed when you went off.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Mjl wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:10 am Anyone watched Dope Sick? I could see that fuelling anti-vaxism if it gets popular.
i posted about it in the tv thread

i’ve enjoyed it, but it just leaves me pissed off. the worst, is that the damage done by Purdue and the sacklers is continuing now with the fentanyl crisis
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:16 am

do kirie irving now.
yet you chose to go after him instead of sQuirt? only one went on an unhinged rant overnight (and it isn’t the one you want it to be)

even a monkey can see that
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:21 am
Mjl wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:10 am Anyone watched Dope Sick? I could see that fuelling anti-vaxism if it gets popular.
i posted about it in the tv thread

i’ve enjoyed it, but it just leaves me pissed off. the worst, is that the damage done by Purdue and the sacklers is continuing now with the fentanyl crisis
I'm sure the documentary was funded by plaintiffs' lawyers. ;)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

is there any way to defend Purdue pharma and the opioid pushers?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Purdue dissolved in no small part due to lawsuit settlements.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:16 am

do kirie irving now.
I was sober when I wrote that. I stand by every word of it.

I don't understand why we're living in a society where we think it's so important to defend someone's right to engage in bad behavior moreso than calling out the bad behavior.

Everyone knows that individuals make choices, but those choices come with consequences. When did, "because he didn't wanna" become a valid excuse for being lazy, or selfish, or cowardly?

Those are the three traits associated with not getting vaccinated.

If that post is your definition of "going off" you probably need to recalibrate.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, the Sackler family has pretty effectively won themselves immunity in the matter.

They’re worth billions that are somehow shielded from any bankruptcy or liability or anything.

Perhaps the question should be, is there any way to defend the Sacklers.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:49 am Well, the Sackler family has pretty effectively won themselves immunity in the matter.

They’re worth billions that are somehow shielded from any bankruptcy or liability or anything.

The topic really doesn't interest me that much, but, unless I am mistaken, your first two sentences are not a certainty.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Anti-vaxxers are now pushing a conspiracy theory that the covid vaccine makes people contagious with covid and it has picked up enough steam that a school board in Florida is now requiring kids who get vaccinated to be quarantined for 30 days. Stupidity knows no bounds.

https://www.businessinsider.com/florida ... se-2021-10

"A private school in Miami is requiring students who get vaccinated to quarantine at home for 30 days after each dose.

"Because of the potential impact on other students and our school community, vaccinated students will need to stay at home for 30 days post-vaccination for each dose and booster they receive and may return to school after 30 days as long as the student is healthy and symptom-free," a letter sent to parents of students at the Centner Academy said, as local news outlet WSVN reported. "
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:46 amI don't understand why we're living in a society where we think it's so important to defend someone's right to engage in bad behavior moreso than calling out the bad behavior.
The result of a completely distorted view of personal freedom.
Deleted User 89

i saw that, twocoach

it’s a fucking shame. i’m half-tempted to love to florida or texas to open my own school and fleece the rubes...gonna be anti-science, pro-christianity, anti-immigration and anti-CRT

bout to make millions

(and might even set myself up for a run at the White House)
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:49 am Well, the Sackler family has pretty effectively won themselves immunity in the matter.

But the reason I put this here... Depending on how true that show is, you had the entire medical industry pushing something, with FDA approval, something that was harmful and based on lies. If I am an anti-vaxer, I look at that and see the same thing with the Covid vaccines.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:08 am i saw that, twocoach

it’s a fucking shame. i’m half-tempted to love to florida or texas to open my own school and fleece the rubes...gonna be anti-science, pro-christianity, anti-immigration and anti-CRT

bout to make millions

(and might even set myself up for a run at the White House)
Looks like it's a private school in Miami--lots of things could be at play. But, certainly a basic understanding of how these types of vaccines work should be helpful.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:10 am

But the reason I put this here... Depending on how true that show is, you had the entire medical industry pushing something, with FDA approval, something that was harmful and based on lies. If I am an anti-vaxer, I look at that and see the same thing with the Covid vaccines.
This would ignore the numerous and stark differences between the two situations. I wouldn't want to perpetuate it.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:17 am

This would ignore the numerous and stark differences between the two situations. I wouldn't want to perpetuate it.
That's why the timing of this is unfortunate
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

after you go after kirie can you go after allison williams.

I will keep adding to your list. don’t want to miss anybody.
Deleted User 89

one thing i’ve been meaning to look into is the validity of the part of the story where a single person at the FDA approved a re-labeling of oxy, and then went on to work for purdue

this is the kind of nuance “people” forget (intentionally or otherwise) because it’s easier to blame big bad pharma rather than one person’s selfish decision

(that one person could be sackler, or it could be the former fda employee)