jfish26
Contributor

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by jfish26 »

...is Marcus a good defender?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Marcus to LAL just probably wasn't going to happen after last summer.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:41 pm ...is Marcus a good defender?
Yes.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:13 pmSteph, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond and then whoever they pick #1. Not a bad starting 5.
James Wiseman.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:46 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:13 pmSteph, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond and then whoever they pick #1. Not a bad starting 5.
James Wiseman.
Dot at the top of the second.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

That would be a lot of fun. They need another PG.
Deleted User 295

I'm hoping we get 1 more year out of him even though I know that's not the plan or what he wants.

It's always case by case, but imo he's a case where he'd benefit from some extra experience. Especially at the PG position. The adjustment to NBA can be even harder due to the role PGs play. Too often guys get stuck on the bench for a season or 2 and then they fade out of the league. His shooting needs work. His PG skills as far as creating for others also needs work.

But, I know it's unlikely he stays.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

James Wiseman.
It’s funny - I hadn’t heard anything from him, or from Memphis, since the ncaa made basketball pure again.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:58 pm I'm hoping we get 1 more year out of him even though I know that's not the plan or what he wants.

It's always case by case, but imo he's a case where he'd benefit from some extra experience. Especially at the PG position. The adjustment to NBA can be even harder due to the role PGs play. Too often guys get stuck on the bench for a season or 2 and then they fade out of the league. His shooting needs work. His PG skills as far as creating for others also needs work.

I don't disagree in principle, because I think the Grahams and Van Vleets of the world show why having experienced guards might be better than taking one of the very many OAD guards that don't do anything in the league.

The difference with Dotson, though, to at least anyone we've had is that after 2 seasons, he's going to be as experienced as any junior PG we've had here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I love Dotson and hope he goes league, but it would be great if he could develop a j and/or pg skills.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

James Wiseman.

I am, I said.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:01 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:58 pm I'm hoping we get 1 more year out of him even though I know that's not the plan or what he wants.

I don't disagree in principle, because I think the Grahams and Van Vleets of the world show why having experienced guards might be better than taking one of the very many OAD guards that don't do anything in the league.

The difference with Dotson, though, to at least anyone we've had is that after 2 seasons, he's going to be as experienced as any junior PG we've had here.
If we hadn't been coming right off of a NPOY and a unanimous 1st Team AA, we'd appreciate what he's doing a hell of a lot more.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Soklous wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:05 pm
James Wiseman.

Jon is as connected as it gets-- but, it just seems strange to me for GS to target a 3rd guard with a 1-1 pick. I'd think you can get someone on a veteran's minimum or mid-level exception for that role rather than hoping Cole or Edwards is ready to go right away. Big hole at the post now for GS, but perhaps the rule is to always take the best player.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:05 pm

If we hadn't been coming right off of a NPOY and a unanimous 1st Team AA, we'd appreciate what he's doing a hell of a lot more.
For sure, pretty unfair for him.

Because, all he's done, is be the best freshman PG and best sophomore PG we've had here in the Self era.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:05 pm

Yes. Very true.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 295

Crazy stat just shared on high noon while discussing who wins in the Wiggins trade:

Out of the 62 players who have taken 2500 field goals since Wiggins came into the league Wiggins is ranked dead last in jump shooting %.

Fwiw they said Minnesota won the trade just because they got rid of Wiggins and his contract. Ouch.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The next trade that the Wolves win will be their first.
Deleted User 295

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:40 pm The next trade that the Wolves win will be their first.
😂😂😂
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Boy is coming in hot.

I am, I said.
Deleted User 295

Hollyhood baby!

I'm fully bandwagon for the Clips at this point.