The Worst People in the World...

Coffee talk.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: The Worst People in the World...

Post by DCHawk1 »

seahawk wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:25 pm
Sparko wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:41 pm During the Vietnam era protests, they were made worse by infiltrators working on de-legitimizing the message. The same is true here. In fact, it makes protests themselves vulnerable to any wack-job Nazi intent on violence. The persistence in Minneapolis is because the act was incredibly heinous. We didn't fix this after having several police lynchings over the past several decades. Robert Frost said it best:

So when at times the mob is swayed
To carry praise or blame too far,
We may choose something like a star
To stay our minds on and be staid
Gee, I went to grad school in Nebraska with someone who'd been an infiltrator during the Vietnam protests--while being a cop. But I'm sure that DC and Psych would not have believed him.
OMFG
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

seahawk wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:44 pm I'm guessing that you've never spoken with a racist cop
You are correct.

Unlike some people, I don't consort with riff raff.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

One doesn't usually control who one's co-workers are married to.

And I don't consort with people who cover up for pedophiles.
Don't inject Lysol.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

This has quickly become the worst thread ever. I haven't read the last several pages but I'm putting this here anyway.

Chicago folks, stay safe. Watching the shit going down in Chicago now. I'm old enough to remember the '68 DNC and I'm hoping we don't see that again.

My kid has to drive around Minneapolis as a home healthcare nurse. Most of her patients are Somali. She's on the phone with her office constantly getting updates on where she can and can't go.

Louisville is having their issues as well.

Scary times.
Broham
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

seahawk wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:17 pm One doesn't usually control who one's co-workers are married to.

And I don't consort with people who cover up for pedophiles.
As far as I know, neither do I.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

seahawk

Post by seahawk »

My thoughts about reforming the police in this country is that there are no easy answer like those DC asserts. I've defended cops on these forums before and I genuinely think there are a lot of good cops out there--for DC to label them as "riff raff" is pretty offensive. But it's more than just the police unions that DC wants to destroy so that his Republicans can delete their pensions and offer more tax cuts to hedge fund managers.

It's tough for the individuals and their force to sort out who's the bad guy and who has served in bad neighborhoods or who has run into obnoxious citizens that wanted them fired for arresting their son for a DUI. And it takes awhile to build a case against the bad racist cop. It's tough for prosecutors who depend on the cooperation of the police to make their cases and also to assist them when they're threatened by the bad guy criminals.

And even if one department and one prosecutor's office figures out how to fire the bad cop, how do you keep some other small department from hiring them?
Last edited by seahawk on Sat May 30, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't inject Lysol.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Is there a way for you, maybe, to get a hobby that doesn't involve stalking me?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

seahawk wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:35 pm
pdub wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:56 pm Imagine being in a jury room with DC.

"So here's a nine minute video of him killing the man."
"Hm. Show me what he did before that."
"OK, here's another five minutes."
"Is there another angle?"
"Yes, here's another angle for you."
"Did I ask whether I, individually, wanted another angle, or was I merely wondering if another angle existed?"
You're assuming that any attorneys would allow DC to be seated on a jury?
I'd gladly allow DC to sit on my jury, as well as each of the few other posters on here that can read and comprehend English sentences.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

My neighborhood is being invaded by "peaceful" marchers/protesters right now.
If I can figure out how to post video/s I will.

* EDIT
I would estimate over 250 possibly as many as 500 people blocking off Lake Shore Drive. I'm taking pics, will post later.

Now it's getting BAD and the police are totally outnumbered. In fact there are basically no police.

2020 has been a shit year!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Oh.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 291658002/

“The real hard-core guys, this is their job: They’re involved in this struggle," said Adam Leggat, a former British Army counterterrorism officer who now works as a security consultant specializing in crowd management for the Densus Group. "They need protests on the street to give them cover to move in.”

Leggat, the security consultant, said intelligence reports from his colleagues indicate most of the hard-core protesters in Minneapolis are far-left or anarchists, and that far-right groups have not yet made a significant appearance. He said looting is typically done by locals – usually people with no criminal record who just get caught up in the moment.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

the anarchy flags and tattoos are quite prevalent once you look for them
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

SLC of all places on curfew until Monday. Yay.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Oh.

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Grandma wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:13 pm My neighborhood is being invaded by "peaceful" marchers/protesters right now.

* EDIT
I would estimate over 250 possibly as many as 500 people blocking off Lake Shore Drive. I'm taking pics, will post later.

Now it's getting BAD and the police are totally outnumbered. In fact there are basically no police.

They will always be outnumbered. That is reason #1 that they should ask themselves is this the hill that they choose to die upon.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:37 pm Is there a way for you, maybe, to get a hobby that doesn't involve stalking me?
Not Nice.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:48 pm
pdub wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:56 pm Imagine being in a jury room with DC.

"So here's a nine minute video of him killing the man."
"Hm. Show me what he did before that."
"OK, here's another five minutes."
"Is there another angle?"
"Yes, here's another angle for you."
"Did I ask whether I, individually, wanted another angle, or was I merely wondering if another angle existed?"
I'd gladly allow DC to sit on my jury, as well as each of the few other posters on here that can read and comprehend English sentences.
In a vacuum, I think I’d have the best shot of the truth winning (assuming my innocence was true) with more DC’s on the jury than Seahawks.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:22 pm
Grandma wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:13 pm My neighborhood is being invaded by "peaceful" marchers/protesters right now.

* EDIT

They will always be outnumbered. That is reason #1 that they should ask themselves is this the hill that they choose to die upon.
It's a horrible question they have to ask themselves.
I truly believe 90%-95% of the literally 100s of cops I saw last night are "good cops.
Last night I stood on Michigan Avenue and watched some things that were horrifying.
One thing that I will never forget was an angry white girl getting in the faces of the police who were standing in a line (about 40-50 across) and going to to each one individually and yelling fuck you at them. She stopped and yelled at a couple of cops and said, "I bet your mothers are fucking ashamed of you". One of them couldn't help but crack a smile. I calmly said to her, "I have to assume they would be proud of them - and if you were my daughter I would be ashamed of you". I then said, "I actually feel sorry for you for having so much hatred". Not smart of me to interfere but I had had enough, too much, after watching cops get open bottles of piss thrown at them, rocks thrown at them, people spitting on them and yelling fuck you at them.
I made a point of going up to many officers last night and thanking them for their service and telling them I support them.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Gqcolorado wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:36 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:48 pm

In a vacuum, I think I’d have the best shot of the truth winning (assuming my innocence was true) with more DC’s on the jury than Seahawks.
In the real world, I actually served on a jury in which both sides kept me as a juror despite the fact that one counsel had been in 12 step meetings with my husband. After the morning of jury selection, when we assembled in the jury room, one juror, more educated than the other local rural people started asking if anyone else had any ideas about the case, because he sure did. This, before we'd heard one shred of testimony, so I told him to shut up. At lunch, I talked to my husband and asked if I had to inform the judge and he said, Yes, so I did and then was in a hearing in chambers to tell the judge that on the record. The guy was kicked off the jury.

Because I'd sworn that I could be objective despite having worked in a prosecutor's office and had gotten this guy removed, I simply voted with the other people who believed that the cop in this case had needlessly escalated a confrontation with the defendant. We found that the defendant was guilty of one misdemeanor charge and not guilty of the other. He'd been charged under an odd law and the jurors had been cautioned about not engaging in jury nullification, but did anyway.

In actuality, he actually was guilty of both charges, at least according to his lawyer, who I happened to see some months later at a restaurant.

Do I believe that the jury got it correct, as they listened to the details and concluded that this cop was a hot shot who escalated a routine disturbing the peace call into a needless confrontation? Yes.
Last edited by seahawk on Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't inject Lysol.