Royals

Other Sports.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Royals

Post by Sparko »

Could have used him tonight. Entertaining game tonight. But Matheny. Lovelady was gassed and lacks an out pitch. So of course he threw 30 pitches and got jacked in the 10th and the Yankees still blew it four innings in a row. Holland. Sigh. Groundskeeper may have lost the game. Looked like a rubble pile out there in the 11th
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Royals part of an historic game last night. Once a century type.

Ending in a loss to the Yankees, right on Royals brand.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:31 am Royals part of an historic game last night. Once a century type.

I mean, there's a school of thought where that's sort of the ideal outcome, all circumstances considered.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:38 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:31 am Royals part of an historic game last night. Once a century type.

I mean, there's a school of thought where that's sort of the ideal outcome, all circumstances considered.
Royals baseball, 50 years of trying to improve the draft spot! ;)
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Salvy 10th anniversary homerun derby was fun last night. Olivarez getting sent back to Omaha because Matheny depleted the bullpen Monday wasn't fun though. I wonder who the long-term skipper for KC might be; I've seen enough of Matheny to know why he wore his welcome elsewhere.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Discuss:

Salvador Perez established a new career high in homers with a two-homer game against the Yankees on Tuesday. He's already matched his career best season in runs created at age 31. After missing the 2019 season because of an elbow injury, Perez has been producing bWAR at a rate of 5.8 per 650 plate appearances. During the five seasons before the injury, that rate was 3.3. Perez is every bit as embedded in Kansas City as Yadier Molina is in St. Louis. If Perez can stay as durable as Molina and remains a career Royal, it's not far-fetched that by the time he's finished playing he will be looked at as the best-ever Royal in the non-George Brett class. -- Bradford Doolittle, ESPN
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If he keeps this up, his deal will be a steal.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Mellinger had his pod release recently and this was a discussion. Answered this exact thing basically..

Said Salvy has the best chance to be the 2nd Royal in the HOF. IF he can hit worth a lick, basically in the middle between this season and the 2017 season for the next 5 years or so, he's got a good case to get in the HOF.

His 27 WAR is a bit below the average HOF WAR for catchers at aged 31. On pace to be a bit better WAR than Molina and Molina seems to be as shoe-in as you could get.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Get him a second World Series MVP. Talk about a guy that deserves to be a legend.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Salvy comes to play every day like Molina. I hate the Cards, but it is special watching them play on the same diamond.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:29 pm Mellinger had his pod release recently and this was a discussion. Answered this exact thing basically..

Said Salvy has the best chance to be the 2nd Royal in the HOF. IF he can hit worth a lick, basically in the middle between this season and the 2017 season for the next 5 years or so, he's got a good case to get in the HOF.

His 27 WAR is a bit below the average HOF WAR for catchers at aged 31. On pace to be a bit better WAR than Molina and Molina seems to be as shoe-in as you could get.
It will benefit Sal's case enormously that Molina will go in.

I'm as skeptical about guys as you'll find, but Sal really has turned into a better offensive player with age. He's smashing the ball. If he has even three more years with a .500 SLG, he's a shoo-in.

What a catching age, Mauer and Molina and Sal and Posey.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Salvy is a throw-back who loves the game. Wish a tiny bit of his toughness would leak into Mondesi. I wish Herzog would leak into Matheny too.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I went last night. A very fun, weird game. As good weather as you could possibly ask for for August in KC.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I didn't watch much but man, if Hernandez can put it all together, he'll be a the top of the rotation. His stuff is electric.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:32 am I didn't watch much but man, if Hernandez can put it all together, he'll be a the top of the rotation. His stuff is electric.
He reminds me a lot of Carlos Zambrano. And of course he was a very useful player for a long time.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:01 am I went last night. A very fun, weird game. As good weather as you could possibly ask for for August in KC.
You chose well! Hoping to go maybe in September now if Delta variant subsides a bit. Want to see the new Royals.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Lynch has been really good against some top offenses lately.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:21 pm Lynch has been really good against some top offenses lately.
And what’s funny is the results have been great, despite the pitching itself not really looking like anything special. When he gets his command down, look out. He still largely doesn’t know where it’s going.

Reminds me a little of following some highly-touted Dodgers lefty in his earliest days.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

What a great couple of games--tonight Benintendi made the perfect throw from left field and Salvy the perfect tag to win it on a walk-off defensive play. Dozier even starting to hit sliders. Best start of Singer's career, arguably. He would have shut them out with the right check swing call. Now, if Mondi could only play more than 10 games a year.. . .
Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

I don’t think you can have a walk off defensive play. That’s just the end of the game.