Major housing crash coming this winter or sooner

Ugh.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: Major housing crash coming this winter or sooner

Post by Overlander »

Cascadia wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:15 am
Overlander wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:42 pm
TDub wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:50 pm its kinda bullshit how mortgages are structured. top heavy interest before you get barely any principal down and equity built. Banks surely arent gonna risk their cut....but, that's the price you pay for getting their money and giving them the risk.
Pay above the payment, it goes against principal if your loan is structured properly
Disagree. Take whatever “extra” you have and invest.
For the past several years, real estate has been outperforming…by a large margin….anything I could have made in other investments.

Turns out, Lobster is a dumbass
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Overlander wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:54 am

Pay above the payment, it goes against principal if your loan is structured properly
For the past several years, real estate has been outperforming…by a large margin….anything I could have made in other investments.

lol, of course.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Not the exact thread for this but just had an offer accepted on a house we were looking at. They brought a price way down from original price.

We are excited. Wife set a max and the offer was her max price.

Now to get max for our house. Lol
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Panic sellers are awesome
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

In a span of 3 weeks they dropped the value of their house almost 15%. And we took advantage. Our first offer was “insulting” but yet they kept coming back and back and back. We gave a small amount at the end but still worth it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:25 pm In a span of 3 weeks they dropped the value of their house almost 15%. And we took advantage. Our first offer was “insulting” but yet they kept coming back and back and back. We gave a small amount at the end but still worth it.
I always love when someone says an offer is "insulting". If it was so insulting they wouldn't even respond to it imo.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We sold our large, less than 10 year old house a couple of years ago to move into a smaller house after the kids moved out. The first offer was insulting. Almost 50K under asking. I told them it was insulting and when they came back with something a little more reasonable, I told them to eff off.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:38 am We sold our large, less than 10 year old house a couple of years ago to move into a smaller house after the kids moved out. The first offer was insulting. Almost 50K under asking. I told them it was insulting and when they came back with something a little more reasonable, I told them to eff off.
Love it.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:38 am We sold our large, less than 10 year old house a couple of years ago to move into a smaller house after the kids moved out. The first offer was insulting. Almost 50K under asking. I told them it was insulting and when they came back with something a little more reasonable, I told them to eff off.
I will admit, we did come in quite low because they overpriced it. So it probably was, but after just one week, they approached us with a counter. They had a non-local realtor working on it and they overshot the market.

We gave a little, they gave a lot. But they definitely panicked and kept dropping and dropping.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

gonna be more housing issues when we can't make concrete. Can't get the cement to make the concrete anymore.

They've shut down all personal, homeowner sales and only approved, licensed contractors can order mud starting next week. They won't guarantee delivery until day of and large projects take priority, meaning small jobs will get bumped indefinitely. Plus batch plant told us to expect another jump in prices next month and expect it'll get close to $200/yd with no admix or nothing. That's fuckin insane. The beginning of the tumble has arrived full force. Hopefully we have an air mattress down below
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:57 pm gonna be more housing issues when we can't make concrete. Can't get the cement to make the concrete anymore.

They've shut down all personal, homeowner sales and only approved, licensed contractors can order mud starting next week. They won't guarantee delivery until day of and large projects take priority, meaning small jobs will get bumped indefinitely. Plus batch plant told us to expect another jump in prices next month and expect it'll get close to $200/yd with no admix or nothing. That's fuckin insane. The beginning of the tumble has arrived full force. Hopefully we have an air mattress down below
Bat Shit Crazy, folks
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

you realize I order a lot of concrete right? I know the batch plant guys pretty well? I'm not basing this off an article I've read?

That's the actual update from today's meeting with the concrete supplier in this county. So, not sure what you're getting at; but you do you, you amazingly brilliant human.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:56 pm you realize I order a lot of concrete right? I know the batch plant guys pretty well? I'm not basing this off an article I've read?

That's the actual update from today's meeting with the concrete supplier in this county. So, not sure what you're getting at; but you do you, you amazingly brilliant human.
I don't know how he manages to be an expert on every topic imaginable and still have time to work his day job. It's quite impressive.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:54 am

Based on your statement/claim, many people might conclude that it "turns out" you are a dumbass too.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:18 am
TDub wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:56 pm you realize I order a lot of concrete right? I know the batch plant guys pretty well? I'm not basing this off an article I've read?

I don't know how he manages to be an expert on every topic imaginable and still have time to work his day job. It's quite impressive.
I mean the economy is clearly starting to bump up against a wall. My statement was about 1 example of it. I put it in this thread because there's still a housing shortage but tough to build anything without concrete (and meet code).

not sure why thats a drastic bat shit crazy statement. But, I dont even think he reads past the username before he responds with his drivel.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Said with no sense of irony at all.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:53 am

Said with no sense of irony at all.
Correct. Because I don't pretend to be an expert on all things. Cascadia does.

Usually super intelligent people don't spend their time telling others how intellectually superior they are. Because they don't have to. Or feel they need to for self validation.

Funny you're standing up for Cascadia when he shits on you constantly.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

You and Cascadia are two sides of the same coin and can't shut up about anything.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

And yet, here you are. Not shutting up. About something you had nothing to do with.

Speaking of irony...
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:06 am You and Cascadia are two sides of the same coin and can't shut up about anything.
lol, my post count is maybe 10% of illy’s.