Royals

Other Sports.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Royals

Post by Sparko »

Yeah--but it was a wild OF assist, so walk off replay maybe. Great to see. Was forced by MLB to watch the Astros feed. Not so gracious. Heh.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The time is 2:58pm and Sal has two more dongs today.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Wish I was there. Wasn’t sure with the covid situation.
Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

I made the drive from St. Louis to Chicago last time we played at Wrigley. My only time there. Was definitely worth it. Felt like AFH. Sucks it's likely going to be 2027 next time they are back there. I still need to get to Fenway. Every year I say I'm going to go up for the Royals Series, and always something comes up.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Finished 12-8 against the NL even with the Cards debacle. May see .500 if they can win a few more on their long road trip.
Deleted User 902

Don’t think I’ve watched a game in 6 weeks. Just get me call-ups and let them play and figure it out, regardless of record.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

dub needs a codpiece wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:09 am Don’t think I’ve watched a game in 6 weeks. Just get me call-ups and let them play and figure it out, regardless of record.
I try to follow at least the real prospects' starts (Lynch, Hernandez, Bubic, Singer).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hey, we aren't in last in the Central anymore.
If we finish the rest of the season .500, we'll be 75-87.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:24 am Hey, we aren't in last in the Central anymore.
If we finish the rest of the season .500, we'll be 75-87.
Which is fine. But man that stretch in May where they lost 11 straight just broke the season.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I feel like Nicky is doing nothing but getting our hopes too high.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:50 am I feel like Nicky is doing nothing but getting our hopes too high.
I suppose five years have indeed passed since the World Series, so you're once again entitled to think nothing is ever allowed to go right for us.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:57 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:50 am I feel like Nicky is doing nothing but getting our hopes too high.
I suppose five years have indeed passed since the World Series, so you're once again entitled to think nothing is ever allowed to go right for us.
Well, on that note, if we start talking about the infield's potential with Nicky playing like this, we also have to mention Mondesi. (I am a Royals fan).
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Terrible umpire behind the plate tonight. Walked a guy on four strikes in the third. Lynch hanging tough, but damn. Went both ways though. One take-away is that the Astros infield dirt is absolutely dangerous. Players refusing to slide on it. A couple of guys ripped their pants on it. WTF?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:01 pm Terrible umpire behind the plate tonight. Walked a guy on four strikes in the third. Lynch hanging tough, but damn. Went both ways though. One take-away is that the Astros infield dirt is absolutely dangerous. Players refusing to slide on it. A couple of guys ripped their pants on it. WTF?
Not directly responsive to your post, but *damn* is it nice watching a guy like Lynch figure out how to beat good teams with his B- stuff. That’s how you get to the really rare high-floor, high-ceiling level.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Bubic and Lynch have been pretty good lately. Honestly, as weird as this sounds, could Singer be the guy out of the rotation by like 2023..? I understand that's forecasting way ahead but Kowar seems legit who just had some bad situations this year to start. Asa Lacy is an absolute horse.

Could be a rotation in 2023 of like Keller, Lynch, Lacy, Bubic and Kowar. Martinez might factor in as well. Pitching depth finally showing.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:18 am Bubic and Lynch have been pretty good lately. Honestly, as weird as this sounds, could Singer be the guy out of the rotation by like 2023..? I understand that's forecasting way ahead but Kowar seems legit who just had some bad situations this year to start. Asa Lacy is an absolute horse.

Could be a rotation in 2023 of like Keller, Lynch, Lacy, Bubic and Kowar. Martinez might factor in as well. Pitching depth finally showing.
Not possible to have too many starters.

I have faith in Singer. His peripheral numbers are better than his results, and he's doing it without a third pitch.

Lacy's got to figure out where the ball's going. But that will come.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Santana pulled a hamstring running out a ground ball in his last AB; would like to see Pratto called up. edit: apparently a "day-to-day" hip flexor. He was thrown out at the plate earlier too on what should have been an easy score for anyone who could run. He was a nice add this year, but he doesn't give the Royals much as a tired older player. Hasn't had a HR in 120+ ABs.

This headline cracked me up: "Greinke throws a gem but loses anyway. Just like old times."
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Houston's pitcher Garcia obviously is a rocking machine. Can't believe he is allowed to basically dance around and pleasure himself in the wind-up. And a flinch is a balk to anyone else. Crazy that is not illegal.
Deleted User 902

Sparko wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:28 pm Houston's pitcher Garcia obviously is a rocking machine. Can't believe he is allowed to basically dance around and pleasure himself in the wind-up. And a flinch is a balk to anyone else. Crazy that is not illegal.
https://twitter.com/MLBGIFs/status/6472 ... 99328?s=20
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The extra rocking the cradle part and dance shimmy on and off the rubber added a certain YGBSM batting experience to it. This was a moonwalk too far. But MLB probably likes the flair. The Royals had been hitting well until the clown show last night. His stuff is actually middling quality, but the quirky rhythm and weird release is the spitball of 2021.