COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I have several co-workers and several family members who have Covid. Seems it's getting worse by the day. Thankfully these people are "fully" vaccinated and their cases are not requiring hospitalization - at this time. My main concern is my mother who I feel it's inevitable she will contract it in the next month before she is supposed to move.
What's baffling to me is that there are so many virus "experts" in this country that are proving they are clueless in regards to Covid.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:25 pm What's baffling to me is that there are so many virus "experts" in this country that are proving they are clueless in regards to Covid.
Unfortunately Gutter Science doesn’t work like that. Scientists are not omniscient or omnipotent, especially this early on (it’s still early in this pandemic, relatively speaking). Throw on top of it a sizable proportion of the population which won’t accept basic advice…..

We’re lucky we are not seeing more deaths, and it’s in spite of the scientific advances. The “experts” have been exemplary. Just ask PhD
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:25 pm I have several co-workers and several family members who have Covid. Seems it's getting worse by the day. Thankfully these people are "fully" vaccinated and their cases are not requiring hospitalization - at this time. My main concern is my mother who I feel it's inevitable she will contract it in the next month before she is supposed to move.
What's baffling to me is that there are so many virus "experts" in this country that are proving they are clueless in regards to Covid.
There's very good money in being a fake expert.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

zsn wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:32 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:25 pm What's baffling to me is that there are so many virus "experts" in this country that are proving they are clueless in regards to Covid.
Unfortunately Gutter Science doesn’t work like that. Scientists are not omniscient or omnipotent, especially this early on (it’s still early in this pandemic, relatively speaking). Throw on top of it a sizable proportion of the population which won’t accept basic advice…..

We’re lucky we are not seeing more deaths, and it’s in spite of the scientific advances. The “experts” have been exemplary. Just ask PhD
I don't disagree with what you say.

Just one of the many things I feel people were being misled about is vaccinations. People were given a false sense of security (and immunity) if vaccinated.
I understand the desire to keep as many people out of the Hospital as possible (despite that being how hospitals make money) but what is the NEED for people to be vaccinated against their will?
Especially when people who are vaccinated are still contracting and spreading the virus.
I have a co-worker who is basically being shown the door because she's not vaccinated.
Meanwhile, I can still contract the virus in my office (and we have had people at work who tested positive within a day of their being in the office) from someone who is vaccinated.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

People were given accurate information based on available knowledge. Scientists could not have predicted that Idiocracy was a documentary. Vaccination resistance led to the virus mutating and spreading
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

zsn wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:50 pm Vaccination resistance led to the virus mutating and spreading
That was more than likely going to happen regardless of the vaccine resistance in the United States. Many of the mutations are occuring in countries where it's not vaccine resistance as much as it is vaccine availability keeping vaccination rates low. This is a global pandemic. We can get to 100% vaccination in our country, but when the majority of the world lags behind then the pandemic continues.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:17 pm
zsn wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:32 pm

I don't disagree with what you say.

Just one of the many things I feel people were being misled about is vaccinations. People were given a false sense of security (and immunity) if vaccinated.
I understand the desire to keep as many people out of the Hospital as possible (despite that being how hospitals make money) but what is the NEED for people to be vaccinated against their will?
Especially when people who are vaccinated are still contracting and spreading the virus.
I have a co-worker who is basically being shown the door because she's not vaccinated.
Meanwhile, I can still contract the virus in my office (and we have had people at work who tested positive within a day of their being in the office) from someone who is vaccinated.
At the hospital where Mrs 99 works ( I need an acronym for this) 100% of patients on vents are unvaccinated.
Defense. Rebounds.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

zsn wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:50 pm People were given accurate information based on available knowledge. Scientists could not have predicted that Idiocracy was a documentary. Vaccination resistance led to the virus mutating and spreading
It's astonishing how difficult this is to understand. But, trumpers gonna trump
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

zsn wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:50 pm People were given accurate information based on available knowledge. Scientists could not have predicted that Idiocracy was a documentary. Vaccination resistance led to the virus mutating and spreading
…ToO mUch SEnSe…
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

17% of Americans fully vaccinated + boosted
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

At least 200 million idiot adults in the USA
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

800k deaths surpassed. And that’s the ones we actually counted.

More than any other country.

Merican exceptionalism woo!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

which ones didn't we count?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

TDub wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:55 am which ones didn't we count?
Qs back

Sounds kinda like the widespread voter fraud conspiracy that ended up being a relatively insignificant amount of instances actually occurring.

The amount counted that shouldn't have been and the amount that should have been counted but weren't counted are insignificant numbers compared to the actual amount that died/counted and should have counted.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The US is undercounting COVID deaths, researchers say. Now they have a tool to figure out why.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 435124001/

Covid cases in US may have been undercounted by 60%, study shows

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... nted-study

Undercounting of COVID-19 pandemic deaths by country

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underco ... by_country
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:39 pm
Qs back

Sounds kinda like the widespread voter fraud conspiracy that ended up being a relatively insignificant amount of it actually occurring.

The amount counted that shouldn't have been and the amount that should have been counted but weren't counted are insignificant numbers compared to the actual amount that died/counted and should have.
wut
Deleted User 863

Woah we went from deaths to cases in a hurry there Q...
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:49 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:39 pm
Qs back

Sounds kinda like the widespread voter fraud conspiracy that ended up being a relatively insignificant amount of it actually occurring.

The amount counted that shouldn't have been and the amount that should have been counted but weren't counted are insignificant numbers compared to the actual amount that died/counted and should have.
wut
There have been deaths counted as covid deaths that shouldn't have been counted as covid deaths.

There have also been deaths not counted as covid deaths that actually should have been counted as covid deaths.

Both of those numbers are insignificant relative to the actual amount of covid deaths that have occured.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:43 pm The US is undercounting COVID deaths, researchers say. Now they have a tool to figure out why.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 435124001/

Covid cases in US may have been undercounted by 60%, study shows

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... nted-study

Undercounting of COVID-19 pandemic deaths by country

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underco ... by_country
The guardian, usa today and wiki are all seen as fake news by TrumperDub and his minion.