COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Cascadia

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Cascadia »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:04 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:05 pm My 1st cousin (my mother's brother's son) is getting married in NYC tonight.
My mother has been as much an aunt as a grandmother/mother figure to him as he's had in his life.
They are extremely close.
My mother has cried today because she's not there. I don't blame her for being upset.
Of course it could be worse, she could be crying because he died of/with Covid. Like I just learned a co-worker's grandmother did.
This shit has gone on for two years with no end in sight and it really fricking sucks!
You OK? Maybe you should talk to someone.
I’ve been saying this for (at least) a decade
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

As a great patriot once said, "Give me freedum, or give me death", or sumthin like that.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

japhy wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:03 am As a great patriot once said, "Give me freedum, or give me death", or sumthin like that.
…..and the Freedumb caucus chose both it appears
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Fentanyl the leading cause of death for americans ages 18-45.....so we got that going for us. I assume any age group above that the leading cause of death is now covid?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Yet another co-worker tested positive who I was "exposed" to.
I've been saying for the last 2 years that NO ONE should EVER be in the office that doesn't 100% NEED to be. That should be the case and continue indefinitely.
I wouldn't care as much if I wasn't currently in the process of moving my "high risk" elderly mother and being in contact with her on almost a daily basis.
To top it off, I have a strong feeling the place she is moving to isn't going to allow "outsiders" in the building starting Jan 1. If that's the case, she's pretty much fucked. Movers and "workmen" need to be in there the next few weeks. Thankfully we haven't sold her old apartment yet because my guess is she will continue to be living there for a while.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

Seems like there are a lot of reasonable people posting comments - people who understand that choices have consequences.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

On one hand I guess I get it.

But on the other hand I just wish the federal gummint’s pandemic mitigation plan was a little more comprehensive and nuanced than “vaccinations and death threats”

But on the other hand yet, maybe the problem is more so how defiant constituents have been about any other reasonable pandemic plan

But on the other other hand, Qusdahl is like Goro from mortal kombat.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i am fully vaxxed. i am enjoying the hell out of my holidays. and i am just getting started.

this is gonna be a great holiday.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:36 am On one hand I guess I get it.

But on the other hand I just wish the federal gummint’s pandemic mitigation plan was a little more comprehensive and nuanced than “vaccinations and death threats”

But on the other hand yet, maybe the problem is more so how defiant constituents have been about any other reasonable pandemic plan

But on the other other hand, Qusdahl is like Goro from mortal kombat.
You must’ve missed all the near-riotous behavior about mask mandates.

I’m not quite sure what any government is supposed to do. Vaccination and social mitigation are the way out of this, if such a thing is even possible.

It’s an odd dynamic to be sure. Historically, even as recent as 9/11, the citizens of this country largely banded together in the face of adversity - collectivism. It was practiced in times of war and in the face of previous diseases.

People have lost their goddamn minds.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ProudBoy wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:47 am

Trumpers and the GOP have lost their goddamn minds.

Yep!
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

A three-time world champion kickboxer died at his home in Belgium from complications caused by COVID-19 weeks after discharging himself from the hospital.

Fred Sinistra, 40, was unvaccinated and would not even use the term COVID-19, his coach Osman Yigin told Belgian outlet SudInfo. Instead, he dismissed COVID-19 as “a little virus” and railed against government restrictions. 
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i wonder why i would care that some random dude in belgium died of the china fungus.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:40 am i am fully vaxxed. i am enjoying the hell out of my holidays. and i am just getting started.

Fantastic! I truly mean that. Despite our differences, I wish you and your family a happy and healthy holiday.
That being said, for many it won't be "a great holiday". Probably some you personally know.
I know (and many others on here know), you don't care. Or at least you like to pretend you don't.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:40 am i am fully vaxxed. i am enjoying the hell out of my holidays. and i am just getting started.

Same here.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:17 pm i wonder why i would care that some random dude in belgium died of the china fungus.
Same reason (or lack thereof) anyone here cares about your status.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ProudBoy wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:07 pm
A three-time world champion kickboxer died at his home in Belgium from complications caused by COVID-19 weeks after discharging himself from the hospital.

Fred Sinistra, 40, was unvaccinated and would not even use the term COVID-19, his coach Osman Yigin told Belgian outlet SudInfo. Instead, he dismissed COVID-19 as “a little virus” and railed against government restrictions. 
Schadenfreude. #WokeGotcha
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:03 pm
ProudBoy wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:07 pm

Schadenfreude. #WokeGotcha

Also not at all applicable. Understanding and appreciating the severity of a global pandemic has zero to do with being “woke”.