JKLivin
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by JKLivin »

ProudBoy wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:11 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:03 pm
ProudBoy wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:07 pm
Schadenfreude. #WokeGotcha

Also not at all applicable. Understanding and appreciating the severity of a global pandemic has zero to do with being “woke”.
Spoken like a true Woke person.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:15 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:03 pm

Schadenfreude. #WokeGotcha

Also not at all applicable. Understanding and appreciating the severity of a global pandemic has zero to do with being “woke”.
Hey, thanks!! I definitely do enjoy living in reality. It’s worth a go if you’re ever interested.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ProudBoy wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:45 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:15 pm

Hey, thanks!! I definitely do enjoy living in reality. It’s worth a go if you’re ever interested.
You bet!
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Can we pin this and link to it every time someone says something about vaccines not working because they personally know of 3 breakthrough cases?

Oh. Sorry. Forgot that pdub is an antivaxxer.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:15 pm
Can we pin this and link to it every time someone says something about vaccines not working because they personally know of 3 breakthrough cases?

Wait, PDub is an antivaxxer? On top of a jazz hater? Probably a communist sympathizer.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:15 pm

Do we believe the CDC? I ask because......
I had a conversation with a college educated woman last night who believes that you have a better chance of dying if you are vaccinated than if you are not vaccinated AND more people have had major complications from the vaccine/s than have had from Covid.
Followed soon after with a text exchange with a co-worker in which she claims another co-worker told her not to believe the Democrats because they (Democrats) are involved in satanic worship and child sacrifice. This is a woman who is supposedly obsessed with Youtube FAKE/FALSE CONSPIRACY videos and has two children that she supports and is most likely going to lose her job in the near future.
At what point do you give up with these people? Part of me says I need to ignore them and another part of me says I absolutely can NOT ignore them. They need to be stopped in regards to their spreading their bullshit and trying to brainwash others in to believing what they do.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

Apply the take-away from your second anecdote to your first.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Get fucking vaccinated............

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/omi ... 52a4dd27f0

A Texas man, whose death was the first confirmed Omicron-related in the US, was unvaccinated and had previously been infected with the coronavirus
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

you posting a link every time some random dies, does not move the needle. though the filthy language really takes it to the next level.

do you think you are making a diff.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
shindig

Post by shindig »

Hoping my company pushes out our RTW. As of today, we are supposed to return January 3rd or 4th on a flex schedule. Monday and Friday, WFH, Tuesday-Thursday work in office. Seems silly to have everyone return right after Xmas and NYE gatherings in the middle of cold/flu season with Omicron and Delta surging and getting worse. I mean, every cough or sneeze, people are going to be grabbing their masks and Lysol. I foresee a big breakout in our office if we return in early January and I will be fvcking pissed if I get COVID. Can you sue your employer for putting you at risk? Asking for a friend :) Then if you get it, you have to quarantine for 10-14 days I believe even if you've had all the shots.

We've been working from home since March 2020, just push it out to March 2022 JFC.
Last edited by shindig on Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

Covid was the 3rd leasing cause of death in 2020, behind cancer and heart disease.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

shindig wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:29 am Hoping my company pushes out our RTW. As of today, we are supposed to return January 3rd or 4th on a flex schedule. Monday and Friday, WFH, Tuesday-Thursday work in office. Seems silly to have everyone return right after Xmas and NYE gatherings in the middle of cold/flu season with Omicron and Delta still spreading rabidly and getting worse. I mean, every cough or sneeze, people are going to be grabbing their masks and Lysol. I foresee a big breakout in our office if we return in early January and I will be fvcking pissed if I get COVID. Can you sue your employer for putting you at risk? Asking for a friend :) Then if you get it, you have to quarantine for 10-14 days.

We've been working from home since March 2020, just push it out to March JFC.
Similar circumstances (and sentiment) for me but they have pushed it back to Feb and my guess is it gets pushed out further.
I have said too many times - We have done just fine for the past 2 years "working from home", what is the NEED for ANYONE to come in to the office unless they absolutely HAVE TO?
I ask that after we have had about 20 employees working in the office a day or more a week. Of those 20 or so, 5 have tested positive for Covid within a couple of days of their being in the office. 3 on the same floor (17th) but NOT within a week or so of each other.
Had a guy last week come and clear/clean out his office because he is leaving the company. Masks are required in our office space at all times unless you are alone in your office (or when I am taking a dump in a stall :D ). The guy was walking around talking to people (myself included) maskless. No shocker - we were informed on Monday that "someone who was on the 9th floor" tested positive. I was told they can't specifically tell me who it is/was but it's best to "assume" it was him.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Yep I agree. I work more and probably more efficiently at home because I'm not distracted by other people and the normal "water cooler" talk. Masks aren't mandatory, unless you haven't been vaccinated, but you don't know who those people are or if they will comply. I'm fully vaxxed and boosted, but I still don't want to get this shit. I think if you are vaxxed, you still have to wear a mask in public areas like the cafeteria or on elevators or the lobby. Freaking ridiculous.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

shindig wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:16 am Yep I agree. I work more and probably more efficiently at home because I'm not distracted by other people and the normal "water cooler" talk. Masks aren't mandatory, unless you haven't been vaccinated, but you don't know who those people are or if they will comply. I'm fully vaxxed and boosted, but I still don't want to get this shit. I think if you are vaxxed, you still have to wear a mask in public areas like the cafeteria or on elevators or the lobby. Freaking ridiculous.
Same with my office. Unvaxed are required to wear a mask 100% of the time in the office and must submit a weekly Covid test. That said, I know for a fact people don’t comply with the mask policy.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Is this the right place to put this:

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coronav ... 85627.html
Another Kansas City area school district has lifted its mask mandate.

Beginning in January, the Park Hill School District will no longer require that masks be worn in school to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus, according to a district update Tuesday evening.

“Because children and adults now have the opportunity to be vaccinated, we will strongly encourage everyone to wear masks, but we will no longer enforce mask-wearing starting in January,” the announcement read.

Also beginning in January, the Kansas City and Platte County health departments will again take over contact tracing for any Park Hill students or employees who test positive for COVID-19. Those who test positive must stay home for 10 days, beginning on the date of their positive test, or their first symptoms.

Staff and families will be told if there is a positive case in their building, or their child’s classroom. It will then be up to the health department to notify anyone who needs to quarantine.
This has everything.

1 - A completely irrational relaxing of standards in the face of very much rising case levels;

2 - Reliance on vaccines...without a requirement of vaccines, and

3 - The Qherry-on-Top - decentralizing government functions (even at the local, self-rule level!) with the very purpose of kneecapping any effective public sector help.

Bravo, idiots.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:17 am
shindig wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:16 am Yep I agree. I work more and probably more efficiently at home because I'm not distracted by other people and the normal "water cooler" talk. Masks aren't mandatory, unless you haven't been vaccinated, but you don't know who those people are or if they will comply. I'm fully vaxxed and boosted, but I still don't want to get this shit. I think if you are vaxxed, you still have to wear a mask in public areas like the cafeteria or on elevators or the lobby. Freaking ridiculous.
Same with my office. Unvaxed are required to wear a mask 100% of the time in the office and must submit a weekly Covid test. That said, I know for a fact people don’t comply with the mask policy.
We have a strict vax requirement...and have no other restrictions in the office.

It's just not that hard.