COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:51 am Tell it to the “saving lives is the important thing” crowd.

Pretty sure they’re protesting down at the planned parenthood clinic!

Unmasked, of course.
I tell it to everyone.

I'm as confused by their hypocrisy on this as you are.

And to add on. The people you're talking about are usually the types of assholes who speak with idioms, and say shit like, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah.

If covid only affected women, we woulda had vaccine mandates before we even had vaccines.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:03 am Yeah.

If covid only affected women, we woulda had vaccine mandates before we even had vaccines.
anti abortion people are mostly about protecting unborn babies, which I get. You want to protect the most vulnerable and defenseless.

Well the sick and elderly are pretty vulnerable and often defenseless, but when asked to wear a mask or get a shot to help protect them, many couldn't be bothered.

Those people are either full of shit about being pro-life, or they're brainwashed hypocrites.

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:07 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:03 am Yeah.

anti abortion people are mostly about protecting unborn babies, which I get. You want to protect the most vulnerable and defenseless.

Well the sick and elderly are pretty vulnerable and often defenseless, but when asked to wear a mask or get a shot to help protect them, many couldn't be bothered.

Those people are either full of shit about being pro-life, or they're brainwashed hypocrites.
I'm not sure if I believe God created man (and woman) but I would think by now God would realize he/she/it needs to go back to the drawing board and figure out where he/she/it went wrong.
Might want to start with figuring out how to eliminate religion and politics and go from there.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:18 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:16 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:57 pm soo with these treatment drugs, rather than preventative drugs, are folks gonna be all but mah rights about taking them too?
Saving lives is the important thing.
That's clearly not true. And, once again shows that you're just here to argue. You keep mentioning that only 18% of Americans are boosted (It's actually about 30% tight now). If saving lives was the important thing that number would be higher. Oh, and you haven't gotten the booster, so clearly even you don't feel that way.
How do you get a booster if you haven't been been vaccinated?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Both.

And sorry but even the “mostly about protecting unborn babies” thing is bullshit.

They’re about controlling women.

It’s difficult to separate “pro-life” from the religious crowd that won’t let women preach, tells women their purpose is just to serve men, etc.

Meanwhile, folks die every day from war, gun violence, Capitol punishment, lack of access to healthcare, and all other sorts of preventable “pro-life” issues, if “pro-life” really was an issue.

Cuz if “pro-life” really was an issue, they’d be the leaders among the mask/vax proponents. They’d be preaching it to congregations and everything. Heck, they’d be telling folks to stay home and isolate, rather than take the “let us gather” grievance all the way to the Supreme Court

they’re far more likely to go all “but mah rights,” religious freedom edition.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:36 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:57 pm soo with these treatment drugs, rather than preventative drugs, are folks gonna be all but mah rights about taking them too?
Of course it is, but explain that to the but mah rights crowd
I try to avoid the crazies from both sides, but hopefully those people are more receptive to treatment than they were to prevention.
Deleted User 863

sdoyel wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:59 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:29 am
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:18 am
That's clearly not true. And, once again shows that you're just here to argue. You keep mentioning that only 18% of Americans are boosted (It's actually about 30% tight now). If saving lives was the important thing that number would be higher. Oh, and you haven't gotten the booster, so clearly even you don't feel that way.
I don't really need a booster yet. I think my 2nd shot was in late April or May.

And for a healthy guy in his 30s a booster is probably not really needed. My chance of death from covid is pretty close to 0% after 2 doses of pfizer.
The moment you emerge from Mom’s basement you’re getting Omicron.
LOL

no lecture for Ousdahl about being 1 of the 2 maskless people in boulder?

If i get omicron the overwhelming odds are that i will hardly even notice. And it'll help me be even more protected moving forward.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:19 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:36 am

Of course it is, but explain that to the but mah rights crowd
I try to avoid the crazies from both sides, but hopefully those people are more receptive to treatment than they were to prevention.
Yeah, heaven forbid anyone bring things like equality and compassion into politics!
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Well, I can only speak to the people I know. And they're sincere about protecting fetuses. Their interest is not in controlling women.

But, many are hypocrites for the reasons you mention.

But, a lot of people view gun rights as a way to protect your own life and your family. They view war as a way to save lives because sometimes it does (e.g. WW2).

I don't know why they don't care more about access to Healthcare or saving lives during a pandemic. Maybe their hatred of pharmaceutical companies or distrust in government in general. I find it befuddling personally.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:20 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:29 am

I don't really need a booster yet. I think my 2nd shot was in late April or May.

And for a healthy guy in his 30s a booster is probably not really needed. My chance of death from covid is pretty close to 0% after 2 doses of pfizer.
LOL

If i get omicron the overwhelming odds are that i will hardly even notice. And it'll help me be even more protected moving forward.
Or you could get a third shot, reduce your risk of getting it. Increase your chances of not noticing it, also help your immune system, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, if you do get a breakthrough case, reduce the number of people you're likely to spread it to.

shindig

Post by shindig »

I was just at HyVee and had my mask on. As I was walking down one aisle, some dude said to me “if you get the vaccine shots, you wouldn’t have to wear a mask”. I was like, what the fvck. I politely told him that I was fully vaxxed and had my booster. He then told me it was silly to wear a mask then… lol. Some people are just clueless…
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

shindig wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:52 am I was just at HyVee and had my mask on. As I was walking down one aisle, some dude said to me “if you get the vaccine shots, you wouldn’t have to wear a mask”. I was like, what the fvck. I politely told him that I was fully vaxxed and had my booster. He then told me it was silly to wear a mask then… lol. Some people are just clueless…
Of course it wouldn't be worth it and you could possibly be/get accused of assault but at that point I might have been tempted to remove my mask, walk up to him and stand a foot or two away, and cough in his face. Then ask him if he would have preferred I did as such with the mask covering my mouth - and ask him if now he gets that it's not just about the mask wearer.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:31 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:20 am

LOL

Or you could get a third shot, reduce your risk of getting it. Increase your chances of not noticing it, also help your immune system, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, if you do get a breakthrough case, reduce the number of people you're likely to spread it to.
I don't disagree with any of that, but at what point has a healthy low risk person done enough?

I don't plan on getting covid shots every year for the rest of my life when my risk of dying from covid or contracting covid, becoming symptomatic, and spreading it to a bunch of people is extremely low. As i get older and my risk level increases i will get vaccinated for covid more often. But for the next 15-20 years, the science tells me I am extremely protected from the current types of covid in circulation.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Lots of kids in the ICU at THWMrs99W

(Trying out my new acronym)
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:13 am Lots of kids in the ICU at THWMrs99W

(Trying out my new acronym)
How many are lots?

My best friends 2 year old has covid and only showed mild symptoms thankfully. The older sibling has 1 shot so far and doesn't have symptoms/hasn't tested positive yet. The parents both vaccinated aren't even testing positive.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Good acronym.
Bad news.
Deleted User 863

How many of you have gotten your kids vaccinated?

How many are still waiting to get your kids vaccinated?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Both of my kids are fully vaxed and boostered.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:22 am Both of my kids are fully vaxed and boostered.
Are they young?

4yr old can't get it yet. 8yr old supposed to get it at her next dr apt.