Royals

Other Sports.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Royals

Post by pdub »

"Salvador Perez blasted a go-ahead grand slam to left-center field -- his 35th round-tripper of the season -- off righty reliever Joe Smith in the sixth inning to put the Royals ahead for good. The 31-year-old backstop is a virtual lock to become the first full-time catcher to reach the 40-homer plateau since Javy Lopez accomplished the feat nearly two decades ago back in 2003. Unreal. He's gone deep an astounding 14 times across 37 games since the All-Star break."
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

And another last night. First time the Royals have ever hit slams in three straight. Salvy in two straight is a record too. Dropping Dyson stings the sentiments, but Olivares is a Major Leaguer and it is time to cut the chaff. He won last night's extra inning game.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Salvy incredible. Five consecutive games with a HR. Mariners not free swingers to say the least
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Kowar looking special as we hoped starting tonight
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Got damn Mondesi. I can’t quit you.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mondi is the natural. Jeebus.
But Taylor choked on another fly ball. Royals OF suddenly looking pretty average. Olivares looked worse than Soler yesterday
Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

Bases loaded, tied game, bottom of 10th, no outs, Salvy up. Love this is my first game in a month.
Deleted User 902

dub needs a codpiece wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:19 pm Bases loaded, tied game, bottom of 10th, no outs, Salvy up. Love this is my first game in a month.
And an extra inning NOBLETIGER. Royals gonna Royals.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Salvy was hot until Sunday. He has been horrible since then. Matheny sticking with Santana is special. Santana is robbing experience from better youngsters. And has been for weeks. Missed a catchable ball to lose it. Ten straight losses to Cleveland. Francona eats Matheny alive.
Last edited by Sparko on Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 902

Sparko wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:42 pm Salvy was hot until Sunday. He has been horrible since then. Matheny sticking with Santana is special. Santana is robbing experience from better youngsters. And has been for weeks. Missed a catchable ball to lose it
It's...two games, and one game isn't finished yet. It will be okay.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Royals come home and start swinging at bad pitches. There is an obvious formula Cleveland uses against KC. Their starter had less than 70 pitches in the 7th. Ten in a row to a meh team. Sigh. MLB limited call ups to 28 so we can't even see Witt or Prado. So frustrating!!!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

dub needs a codpiece wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:44 pm
Sparko wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:42 pm Salvy was hot until Sunday. He has been horrible since then. Matheny sticking with Santana is special. Santana is robbing experience from better youngsters. And has been for weeks. Missed a catchable ball to lose it
It's...two games, and one game isn't finished yet. It will be okay.
Sparko the king of overreactions. THE KING!
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Wasn't an overreaction last night--Salvy just looked terrible at the plate. Almost drugged. It was a weird metamorphosis for sure. I told my wife that I would have pinch hit for him last night when he came up in the 10th. He missed pitches that he would have belted 500-feet last week. Lunged again at balls out of the zone. He went from magma hot to Dozier in a couple of days. It was pretty frustrating. Santana is still in the line up unable to run or hit. Mondesi normally would have batted third last night, but Matheny had him buried at 7th. Game on the line, Salvy, Santana and Taylor fail to make significant contact and swing wildly out of the zone. Royals baseball versus Cleveland. 11th: Santana unable to catch-up to a weak pop-up and the game is really over.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

People have a bad game or two. He's 2 games removed from his blistering few weeks.

He's also played in 131 out of 132 games. That's absurd for a catcher regardless if he takes "a night off" and is a catcher.

If you're attacking Salvy, you need to rethink your priorities when it comes to this team.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

When does player of the month get announced?

I imagine Ohtani is doing Ohtani things, but hopefully Salvy snags it.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Should be any day.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:43 pm People have a bad game or two. He's 2 games removed from his blistering few weeks.

He's also played in 131 out of 132 games. That's absurd for a catcher regardless if he takes "a night off" and is a catcher.

If you're attacking Salvy, you need to rethink your priorities when it comes to this team.
Salvy is my favorite. Pissed me off that he has to press thanks to some holes in the lineup. He started to struggle when Santana came back from the hip flexor batting behind him. That said, he is mega tired.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

AL Player of the Month: Jose Abreu

Yuck Fou!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

What is crazy is they just rub the Royals face in it. If you watched last night's game, Taylor beat out a throw to first where there was literally no view good enough to overturn the call made three feet away. And they overturned it in NYC. Borrowing from Roger Waters, what looked like an epic collapse by Cleveland was averted by a few dozen ordinary lives. MLB needs to take a look at maybe taking New York out of the mix. Bad look.
Deleted User 902

Salvy. Dong.