COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:20 am How many of you have gotten your kids vaccinated?

How many are still waiting to get your kids vaccinated?
Both eligible kids fully-vaxxed here.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:12 am
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:31 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:20 am

LOL

no lecture for Ousdahl about being 1 of the 2 maskless people in boulder?

If i get omicron the overwhelming odds are that i will hardly even notice. And it'll help me be even more protected moving forward.
Or you could get a third shot, reduce your risk of getting it. Increase your chances of not noticing it, also help your immune system, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, if you do get a breakthrough case, reduce the number of people you're likely to spread it to.
I don't disagree with any of that, but at what point has a healthy low risk person done enough?

I don't plan on getting covid shots every year for the rest of my life when my risk of dying from covid or contracting covid, becoming symptomatic, and spreading it to a bunch of people is extremely low. As i get older and my risk level increases i will get vaccinated for covid more often. But for the next 15-20 years, the science tells me I am extremely protected from the current types of covid in circulation.
The efficacy of the Pfizer shot plummets after 5 months, so what you're saying isn't accurate.
Why would you get the first two and not the third? That makes absolutely no sense.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:28 am Well, I can only speak to the people I know. And they're sincere about protecting fetuses. Their interest is not in controlling women.

But, many are hypocrites for the reasons you mention.

But, a lot of people view gun rights as a way to protect your own life and your family. They view war as a way to save lives because sometimes it does (e.g. WW2).

I don't know why they don't care more about access to Healthcare or saving lives during a pandemic. Maybe their hatred of pharmaceutical companies or distrust in government in general. I find it befuddling personally.
Im not sure it’s possible to sincerely discuss protecting fetuses without also addressing the issue of controlling women.

And if a pro-lifer responds with BUT THIS AINT ABOUT CONTROLLING WIMMIN, reactively dismissing it rather than sincerely addressing it, then it’s likely more about controlling women than anyone cares to admit.

What are you pro-life friends’ stances on masks and vaccines? Guessing, as you mentioned, it’s hypocritical.

Speaking of, their stance on gun rights is telling. It’s not that they’re pro-life, it’s that they’re just pro-lives of folks they care about. Same thing with being indifferent to covid deaths. No wonder BLM got these sorts of folks in such a fuss.

That, again, raises the question of just how sincere protecting fetuses really is. How does one care more about a fetus than a viable living breathing human?

For that matter, what’s their stance on contraceptives? Cuz that’s among the most effective ways to prevent abortions.

But regarding access to healthcare, that has a lot of implications with economics and money. And we’ve been brainwashed by Merican capitalist propaganda to think that healthcare should only be given to those who can afford it. Which, once again, raises questions about just how sincere “pro-life” is.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Mjl wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:35 am
Or you could get a third shot, reduce your risk of getting it. Increase your chances of not noticing it, also help your immune system, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, if you do get a breakthrough case, reduce the number of people you're likely to spread it to.
I don't disagree with any of that, but at what point has a healthy low risk person done enough?

I don't plan on getting covid shots every year for the rest of my life when my risk of dying from covid or contracting covid, becoming symptomatic, and spreading it to a bunch of people is extremely low. As i get older and my risk level increases i will get vaccinated for covid more often. But for the next 15-20 years, the science tells me I am extremely protected from the current types of covid in circulation.
The efficacy of the Pfizer shot plummets after 5 months, so what you're saying isn't accurate.
Why would you get the first two and not the third? That makes absolutely no sense.
Its only been 7months and 2 days since i got my 2nd dose. I don't need a booster yet.

And by plummets you mean down to 84% effective? Still pretty dang good protection.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:40 am
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:28 am Well, I can only speak to the people I know. And they're sincere about protecting fetuses. Their interest is not in controlling women.

But, many are hypocrites for the reasons you mention.

But, a lot of people view gun rights as a way to protect your own life and your family. They view war as a way to save lives because sometimes it does (e.g. WW2).

I don't know why they don't care more about access to Healthcare or saving lives during a pandemic. Maybe their hatred of pharmaceutical companies or distrust in government in general. I find it befuddling personally.
Im not sure it’s possible to sincerely discuss protecting fetuses without also addressing the issue of controlling women.

And if a pro-lifer responds with BUT THIS AINT ABOUT CONTROLLING WIMMIN, reactively dismissing it rather than sincerely addressing it, then it’s likely more about controlling women than anyone cares to admit.

What are you pro-life friends’ stances on masks and vaccines? Guessing, as you mentioned, it’s hypocritical.

Speaking of, their stance on gun rights is telling. It’s not that they’re pro-life, it’s that they’re just pro-lives of folks they care about. Same thing with being indifferent to covid deaths. No wonder BLM got these sorts of folks in such a fuss.

That, again, raises the question of just how sincere protecting fetuses really is. How does one care more about a fetus than a viable living breathing human?

For that matter, what’s their stance on contraceptives? Cuz that’s among the most effective ways to prevent abortions.

But regarding access to healthcare, that has a lot of implications with economics and money. And we’ve been brainwashed by Merican capitalist propaganda to think that healthcare should only be given to those who can afford it. Which, once again, raises questions about just how sincere “pro-life” is.
Ous. They consider a fetus a human. And biologically it is. So, yes they do want to control women. They want to prevent them from committing what they consider to be murder.

No different from you wanting to control Rittenhouse from committing murder.

And, don't become illy and lump everyone in together. I'm sure a lot of prolifers are pro life all the way.

For the rest, I dunno, ask them.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
shindig

Post by shindig »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:58 am
shindig wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:52 am I was just at HyVee and had my mask on. As I was walking down one aisle, some dude said to me “if you get the vaccine shots, you wouldn’t have to wear a mask”. I was like, what the fvck. I politely told him that I was fully vaxxed and had my booster. He then told me it was silly to wear a mask then… lol. Some people are just clueless…
Of course it wouldn't be worth it and you could possibly be/get accused of assault but at that point I might have been tempted to remove my mask, walk up to him and stand a foot or two away, and cough in his face. Then ask him if he would have preferred I did as such with the mask covering my mouth - and ask him if now he gets that it's not just about the mask wearer.
Yeah no shit. I don’t know why he singled me out because probably half the people in the store had masks on. I generally avoid confrontation or getting into debates with people about mask wearing, etc, I just mind my own business and go about my life. Plus he had a kState sweatshirt on, so he’s obviously not the brightest. I did have a KU cap on, so I bet that’s why he felt the need to demonstrate just how stupid he is.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

LOL

If i get omicron the overwhelming odds are that i will hardly even notice. And it'll help me be even more protected moving forward.

I don't think it will come to that.

But I don't see what the big deal is. I get a flu shot annually. I get tetanus boosters every decade. I go to the dentist annually. I get an annual physical. I go tobtheveye doctor every year. My dog has annual vaccinations. I get my car serviced a few times a year. I take annual sexual harassment and cybersecurity training....

shindig

Post by shindig »

You should go to the dentist every 6 months :). Geebus.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

LOL

I am not sure what science that is out there leads you to believe that your initial 2 vaccination shots are enough to keep you "extremely protected" for the next 15-20 years.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:34 am

I am not sure what science that is out there leads you to believe that your initial 2 vaccination shots are enough to keep you "extremely protected" for the next 15-20 years.
Because I am in an extremely low risk category from covid?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

shindig wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:52 am I was just at HyVee and had my mask on. As I was walking down one aisle, some dude said to me “if you get the vaccine shots, you wouldn’t have to wear a mask”. I was like, what the fvck. I politely told him that I was fully vaxxed and had my booster. He then told me it was silly to wear a mask then… lol. Some people are just clueless…
I have been told the same thing by three different people in various locations. My response to each of them was "I am fully vaccinated and did not come here to have a conversation with you about covid."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I wore a condom when I banged this one chick last spring, so I’m pretty much still protected from STDs if I raw dog now, rad
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:35 am

So you just meant "But for the next 15-20 years, the science tells me I am extremely protected from dying from the current types of covid in circulation." Ok, it wasn't clear what you were saying.
Deleted User 863

No. Science says after you're fully vaccinated you're protected. Even after the antibodies begin to diminish. You're still protected. And considering my risk was extremely low even without a vaccine, that pretty much means i am good to go moving forward unless this virus drastically changes course and becomes far more deadly to people who have been fully vaccinated.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:39 am No. Science says after you're fully vaccinated you're protected. Even after the antibodies begin to diminish. You're still protected. And considering my risk was extremely low even without a vaccine, that pretty much means i am good to go moving forward unless this virus drastically changes course and becomes far more deadly to people who have been fully vaccinated.
You and I have been reading different "science" I guess. What I have read is that the benefit of the vaccine reduces over time.
shindig

Post by shindig »

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:35 am
I have been told the same thing by three different people in various locations. My response to each of them was "I am fully vaccinated and did not come here to have a conversation with you about covid."
Well as I was checking out, the lady in front of me started sneezing and made no effort to cover her nose with her elbow or even hand. I was just thinking, this is why I am wearing a mask. Too many selfish or stupid people.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:42 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:39 am No. Science says after you're fully vaccinated you're protected. Even after the antibodies begin to diminish. You're still protected. And considering my risk was extremely low even without a vaccine, that pretty much means i am good to go moving forward unless this virus drastically changes course and becomes far more deadly to people who have been fully vaccinated.
You and I have been reading different "science" I guess. What I have read is that the benefit of the vaccine reduces over time.
Yes it reduces. It doesn't go to 0%. Your body doesn't forget completely.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:35 am

"my risk of dying from covid or contracting covid, becoming symptomatic, and spreading it to a bunch of people is extremely low".

"extremely low"?
Dying? Correct. Assuming you don't have any unknown health issues.
Contracting? Completely false.
Symptomatic? I don't have any idea if it's "extremely low" or not because I don't know how you choose to define "extremely low".
Spreading it to a BUNCH of people? I don't know for sure but if you have it and are around a BUNCH of people then my guess is it would NOT be an "extremely low" risk of your spreading it to others.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I think it's funny that so many refuse to get vaccinated at least in part because of their hatred of big pharma and instead opt for testing.

Who do they think is profiting from all those tests?