“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:45 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:42 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:39 am No. Science says after you're fully vaccinated you're protected. Even after the antibodies begin to diminish. You're still protected. And considering my risk was extremely low even without a vaccine, that pretty much means i am good to go moving forward unless this virus drastically changes course and becomes far more deadly to people who have been fully vaccinated.
You and I have been reading different "science" I guess. What I have read is that the benefit of the vaccine reduces over time.
Yes it reduces. It doesn't go to 0%. Your body doesn't forget completely.
I am not sure that the science on the vaccines that came out earlier this year prove that out over 15-20 years.
shindig

Post by shindig »

sdoyel wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:49 am Covid 22

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1474058487281901577?s=21
Oh geesh. It’s never going to end.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

shindig wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:43 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:35 am
shindig wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:52 am I was just at HyVee and had my mask on. As I was walking down one aisle, some dude said to me “if you get the vaccine shots, you wouldn’t have to wear a mask”. I was like, what the fvck. I politely told him that I was fully vaxxed and had my booster. He then told me it was silly to wear a mask then… lol. Some people are just clueless…
I have been told the same thing by three different people in various locations. My response to each of them was "I am fully vaccinated and did not come here to have a conversation with you about covid."
Well as I was checking out, the lady in front of me started sneezing and made no effort to cover her nose with her elbow or even hand. I was just thinking, this is why I am wearing a mask. Too many selfish or stupid people.
I told my wife I might start wearing a mask in close public places like the grocery store every winter from now on and request that my youngest do the same. This is the healthiest that our household has ever been. Everything else is going to shit but no one has had so much as the sniffles so far the past two years.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:53 am
shindig wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:43 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:35 am

I have been told the same thing by three different people in various locations. My response to each of them was "I am fully vaccinated and did not come here to have a conversation with you about covid."
Well as I was checking out, the lady in front of me started sneezing and made no effort to cover her nose with her elbow or even hand. I was just thinking, this is why I am wearing a mask. Too many selfish or stupid people.
I told my wife I might start wearing a mask in close public places like the grocery store every winter from now on and request that my youngest do the same. This is the healthiest that our household has ever been. Everything else is going to shit but no one has had so much as the sniffles so far the past two years.
Same with us (health wise). Although now that both are back in person learning the mild colds have reappeared occasionally. But during homeschooling and extreme social distancing not a single runny nose or cough for any of us.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Yep same here. Some sniffles and runny nose, but I think it’s more my allergies. No colds, stomach bugs or flu in 2 years.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

shindig wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:52 am
sdoyel wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:49 am Covid 22

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1474058487281901577?s=21
Oh geesh. It’s never going to end.
100% correct. New illnesses have come about and killed off living things since the dawn of time and will continue to do so long past when humans no longer exist on the planet. At least now we have the ability to identify them quicker and develop ways to fight back against them to reduce the carnage. Imagine how many millions of people would have died of covid if this was 500 years ago and we did nothing but congregate together in a church and pray that it didn't affect us.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

500 years ago?!

Bro that much is millions of Mericans pandemic response TODAY
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

shindig wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:03 am Yep same here. Some sniffles and runny nose, but I think it’s more my allergies. No colds, stomach bugs or flu in 2 years.
Our school district is going to optional masking starting in January but we will require our daughter to continue to wear it. She said they don't bother her at all so we'll see if that's enough.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:06 am
shindig wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:03 am Yep same here. Some sniffles and runny nose, but I think it’s more my allergies. No colds, stomach bugs or flu in 2 years.
Our school district is going to optional masking starting in January but we will require our daughter to continue to wear it. She said they don't bother her at all so we'll see if that's enough.
That sucks. Especially since the masks primarily protect her from spreading it to the maskless kids more so than protect her from them spreading it to her.

My kids both do fine with masks.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:11 am
That sucks. Especially since the masks primarily protect her from spreading it to the maskless kids more so than protect her from them spreading it to her.

Yep, hopefully her wearing a mask regardless is enough to keep her healthy. My guess is that after a handful of weeks that numbers will spike and they will reinstitute the mandatory mask policy.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:14 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:11 am

Yep, hopefully her wearing a mask regardless is enough to keep her healthy. My guess is that after a handful of weeks that numbers will spike and they will reinstitute the mandatory mask policy.
We have really had no student to student spread while wearing masks. Obviously positive cases, but seems to be contracted outside of school and no spread to other close contact students before identified and isolated. Which is comforting.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:41 am
Mjl wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:35 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:12 am

I don't disagree with any of that, but at what point has a healthy low risk person done enough?

I don't plan on getting covid shots every year for the rest of my life when my risk of dying from covid or contracting covid, becoming symptomatic, and spreading it to a bunch of people is extremely low. As i get older and my risk level increases i will get vaccinated for covid more often. But for the next 15-20 years, the science tells me I am extremely protected from the current types of covid in circulation.
The efficacy of the Pfizer shot plummets after 5 months, so what you're saying isn't accurate.
Why would you get the first two and not the third? That makes absolutely no sense.
Its only been 7months and 2 days since i got my 2nd dose. I don't need a booster yet.

And by plummets you mean down to 84% effective? Still pretty dang good protection.
7 months > 5 months.

Where did you see 84%?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

My "boosted" Nephew has Covid. So does his 2 year old daughter that he is solely caring for right now.
His 8 month pregnant wife did NOT test positive (yet) but is currently holed up in a hotel room staying away from them.
This is the nephew who's father died in June.

Moral of the story is? We have too many people in this country that simply don't really give a fuck about anyone other than themself - and some don't even give a fuck about themself? Maybe. Maybe not.
We'll never know how and from whom he and his daughter contracted the virus but if I were to guess, it was probably someone who chooses to be extremely negligent.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Our soon to be 6yo is going back in January without a mask. He’s vaxed. Been a trooper for 2 years… He asked us if he could stop wearing it now. We agreed.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
shindig

Post by shindig »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:07 pm My "boosted" Nephew has Covid. So does his 2 year old daughter that he is solely caring for right now.
His 8 month pregnant wife did NOT test positive (yet) but is currently holed up in a hotel room staying away from them.
This is the nephew who's father died in June.

Moral of the story is? We have too many people in this country that simply don't really give a fuck about anyone other than themself - and some don't even give a fuck about themself? Maybe. Maybe not.
We'll never know how and from whom he and his daughter contracted the virus but if I were to guess, it was probably someone who chooses to be extremely negligent.
That sucks. Hopefully everyone recovers fully with no further problems. I agree, some just don’t give a fock, and it’s a shame for those that do.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »