Deleted User 902

Re: Royals

Post by Deleted User 902 »

Double Dong.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Lynch was not on. Santana is starting to come back after taking a month off. Salvy starting to look fresher again.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Man. Another one today. But he’s been awful.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 902

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:24 pm Man. Another one today. But he’s been awful.
Only 3 runs on that swing. Unacceptable
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

He was off against Cleveland. Back on. It is a weird 11-game losing streak to Cleveland that has even Salvy looking pretty bad. Won the season series with the White Sox.
Deleted User 902

So real talk, Salvy is an MLB ball of famed if he gets 5 more fingers this season, no? WS MVP, gold gloves coming out of his ass, best HR hitting season for catcher ever, and the Salvy splash? His number is coming after frank white, but just think he’s getting his ass into Cooperstown in 10-12 years.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

A couple seasons after Soler went and smashed the record, Salvy is like, 'oh hell no, i'm coming for this.'
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Salvy not swinging at the sliders in the dirt has been the key. Any pitch that isn't clownishly thrown away in hopes of a wild swing is getting scorched. The HR yesterday was six inches outside at the shoulders. The rest of the team needs to be aggressive only on the first pitch and patient on the breakers. Cleveland gave them one strike and then taunted them with crap that was not hittable. They need to look VERY hard at what Cleveland is doing. It isn't rocket science but has been so effective--even with the bases loaded the other day. Next year can be really special.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

dub needs a codpiece wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:28 pm So real talk, Salvy is an MLB ball of famed if he gets 5 more fingers this season, no? WS MVP, gold gloves coming out of his ass, best HR hitting season for catcher ever, and the Salvy splash? His number is coming after frank white, but just think he’s getting his ass into Cooperstown in 10-12 years.
It's going to be close! If he can maintain 80-90% of this production while staying primarily at catcher for 4-5 more years, then yes.

His case will greatly benefit from Molina going in just a few years before; the counting numbers will end up similar enough that, if you put Molina in (which will happen), you've gotta put Sal in.
Deleted User 902

Roys gonna roys
Deleted User 902

From Reddit

Blowing a 5 run lead in the eighth by giving up 9 runs, only to turn around and score 3 in the ninth and lose by one run against a team 42.5 games back in their division and historically one of the worst teams baseball has ever seen is the most Royals thing ever.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

My God. Dozier. Olivares plays small bus outfield. Why aren't the youngsters up? I am traumatized tonight. Matheny you idiot
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I personally thought they could have flagged Olivares for pass interference. Game-changing no-call.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Olivares may be the worst outfielder we have seen in KC. He makes Soler look like Mays. He ran to the wall to watch the inside the park HR in KC. And has routinely made the wrong decision. He was 100- feet from the easy RF catch he ruined. Full speed from center on a ball to RF just in time to hit Dozier the doser. It brought back memories long buried of 2005. Awewweeeeweeeewewe!!!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Nicky has become an All Star. I was at the K when he came up the first time and he played harder than anyone except Gordo. Instantly liked him even though I was hoping to see Mondi. Who was injured if you can believe it. Lopez is a better investment than Mondi because he is so steady. Mondi has gone into his funky slump behavior again. So weird. Mondi couldn't even find the pitches tonight.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:08 pm Nicky has become an All Star. I was at the K when he came up the first time and he played harder than anyone except Gordo. Instantly liked him even though I was hoping to see Mondi. Who was injured if you can believe it. Lopez is a better investment than Mondi because he is so steady. Mondi has gone into his funky slump behavior again. So weird. Mondi couldn't even find the pitches tonight.
In my view, Lopez’s performance this year should change the approach with Witt. I think it’s clear now that you have three viable major league shortstops. I also think the single most important thing in the Royals’ medium-term future is that Witt grows into an elite middle-of-the-order bat.

I would just go ahead and move Witt to third, and tell him it’s his. Take any position switch uncertainty out of the equation.

You can do this (and start with Mondesi at SS and Lopez at 2B) because you now know that, when Mondesi goes down, you have a solid replacement on-hand (in Lopez).
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Looks like 99 will take in a Royals @ Twinkies game this weekend.
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:27 am Looks like 99 will take in a Royals @ Twinkies game this weekend.
Great time, great stadium, great area of town.

I watched the Royals there clear back in September 2015 when we clinched the central--I needed long layers and the free stocking cap I received at the gate. September.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Thanks, I need to check the weather. Wasn't planning on bringing cold weather cloths.

We went to a game last year. Really cool to park the car a couple miles from their house and take the train directly to the stadium.
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Supposed to be in the 90's in KC this weekend, so I am guessing you'll be just fine in short sleeves up north.