Tyty Washington

Kansas Basketball.
holidaysmore

Re: Tyty Washington

Post by holidaysmore »

Self is going hard after TyTy. Still get the feeling he will end up some where else.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:27 am I sort of enjoy when the “Self doesn’t promise anyone anything” fanboy balloon is punctured.

https://twitter.com/jayhawkslant/status ... 27329?s=21
"You see that pile of crap out there?"

Also, I am guessing the whole interview is behind paywall, but there is no indication that Shay asked the most important question to TyTy for him to play here next season.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

thanks for mentioning that question, CoyDC.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

All nike schools.....and...us
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ohh.

I thought it was, “but how will you feel if I tell you you’re getting the keys when I really mean you’ll be riding pine behind less talented guys?”
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

My apologies to Shay, I thought he was the one that did the interview. It would make more sense if Biancardi, rather than Shay, did not ask TyTy: "What assurances did Self give to you that KU would play in the 2022 postseason?"
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Not sure why he'd need any assurance that he could/would/should beat out Dajuan Harris.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I mean, Frank Mason was a top 75 player and couldn't beat out Naadir Tharpe.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

At that time Tharpe was a pretty good college player and Frank was young/inexperienced.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:13 pm Not sure why he'd need any assurance that he could/would/should beat out Dajuan Harris.
Probably because if he paid attention, which I'm sure recruits do to the schools they have on their short lists, Harris proved he more than belonged on the floor. The assurance could be more for Yesufu and, to a lesser extent, Pettiford.

He's shooting up the rankings late and widely considered the best remaining prospect, but that shouldn't be mistaken for instant program saver.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:27 pm I mean, Frank Mason was a top 75 player and couldn't beat out Naadir Tharpe.
I think Bill has learned/evolved from that mistake.

As much as Grimes didn't deserve to be out there, Bill stuck with him from the beginning. Bryce this season also played more than he really earned. Compare those to the Tharpe/Mason/Frankamp scenario as well as Oubre being on the pine way too much.

Playing time won't be why TyTy doesn't pick KU.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Agreed. It'll be the bagggggggggg...

I will say though, I think it helped KU they were the first to jump back in the recruitment like the moment he decommitted.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mason didn't move up to top anything ( top 100/top 150 ) until Kansas came a lookin'.
I'm not sure if he even ended up in the top 75.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:37 pm Agreed. It'll be the bagggggggggg...

I will say though, I think it helped KU they were the first to jump back in the recruitment like the moment he decommitted.
I don't think we were at all involved before he de-committed. But, it doesn't seem like many, if any of the other schools were either.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I think Arizona was the only school on his original list (before committing to Creighton) that's on his list now, but that seems like it's just a token hometown school.
Deleted User 863

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:37 pm Agreed. It'll be the bagggggggggg...
Poor us. Our bag guys and coaches couldn't stay off the phones and out of FBI trials.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

wouldn’t any victim of fraud want to stay out of the fbi trial?

But go figure, the one text message so ambiguous it was inadmissible as evidence in that trial, is the very foundation for the NCAA and illy’s case against us.
Deleted User 863

I don't have a case against us, or care...i just think it's funny now we are whining everyone else is giving recruits "the baggggg" becuase now we don't have a bag guy helping our coaches so we aren't getting any BIG name guys the last few years.

Also, Bill Self and our coaches knew exactly what was going on with Gasnolla and we all know it....doesn't mean we could prove it in court, but it's not the point for purposes of this discussion.

No reason to play pretend defense attorney on a messageboard. It's okay to be honest here about what happened.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"knew exactly what was going on with Gasnolla and we all know it"

We don't know this.
I personally believe Self knew some of what was going on but distanced himself generally from it.
Do what you can to get me these players and i'll turn a blind eye.

But, no, "we all" don't "know it".
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:15 am I don't have a case against us, or care...i just think it's funny now we are whining everyone else is giving recruits "the baggggg" becuase now we don't have a bag guy helping our coaches so we aren't getting any BIG name guys the last few years.

Also, Bill Self and our coaches knew exactly what was going on with Gasnolla and we all know it....doesn't mean we could prove it in court, but it's not the point for purposes of this discussion.

No reason to play pretend defense attorney on a messageboard. It's okay to be honest here about what happened.
lol, classic illy