21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't think a season has gone by since 2003 where the board hasn't had a healthy Bill Self replacement discussion. Maybe after 2009. It's almost more of a who is a good up and coming coach discussion.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:47 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:44 am
PhDhawk wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:38 am
I say this every time it comes up.

But, Self's replacement is likely an Assistant Coach at some blue blood, or in his first or second year as a HC at a small school or mid-major and isn't yet even on our radar.

The people we list are always the people you'd hire if it happened today, and like you I don't think this is Self's final contract.
But here's the thing, you have to consider all options. With the investigation, he could be forced to not coach at Kansas anymore due to a showcause penalty, we truly don't know. Which is why the current names are thrown out there.
You and I aren't gonna be on the search committee for a new coach.

And I don't like worrying about hypothetical things that could happen.

Yellowstone could erupt tomorrow too, but I'm not preparing for it. I might go to DQ and get a blizzard tonight instead.
You don't know that.

But I mean, I get what you're saying. But now we are out of season. Investigation results due to come at any moment, no AD, a chancellor that is not on the most solid of footing.

It's a worrisome time.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:38 am
I say this every time it comes up.

But, Self's replacement is likely an Assistant Coach at some blue blood, or in his first or second year as a HC at a small school or mid-major and isn't yet even on our radar.

The people we list are always the people you'd hire if it happened today, and like you I don't think this is Self's final contract.
But here's the thing, you have to consider all options. With the investigation, he could be forced to not coach at Kansas anymore due to a showcause penalty, we truly don't know. Which is why the current names are thrown out there.

Yellowstone could erupt tomorrow too, but I'm not preparing for it. I might go to DQ and get a blizzard tonight instead.
Have you been around these parts from MLB Opening Day until Halloween?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:51 am

You don't know that.

But I mean, I get what you're saying. But now we are out of season. Investigation results due to come at any moment, no AD, a chancellor that is not on the most solid of footing.

It's a worrisome time.
When Self does leave, you and I should totally ask to be on the search committee.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:58 am

Have you been around these parts from MLB Opening Day until Halloween?
Yeah, isn't that when we post sundresses and argue about the integrity of donuts that have been cut in half?

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:13 am

You don't know that.

It's a worrisome time.
When Self does leave, you and I should totally ask to be on the search committee.
fuck you guys

they should just decide based on a kcrim board-wide survey
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:40 am

You don't know that.

It's a worrisome time.
fuck you guys

Bro, why do you think I'm fucking here. This place is the voice of reason for Jayhawk fans.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

You don't know that.

It's a worrisome time.
fuck you guys

We'll consider your opinions. We're just not gonna give Mich and Lobser an equal say on the matter.

Deleted User 89

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:48 am
fuck you guys

We'll consider your opinions. We're just not gonna give Mich and Lobser an equal say on the matter.
ok, that’s fine

i just want to make sure gutter’s voice of reason is heard
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NDballer13 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:54 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:40 am
NDballer13 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:18 am

What do you expect Garrett to announce? The odds of him coming back are about 0.0001%. Between the senior speech, thank you posts on social media, and just his reactions after checking out of the USC game it all points to he's gone. Him saying he's not sure yet is the same as Cade Cunningham saying he hasn't made a decision about the draft yet.
I agree that he is very likely gone. But it would be in the best interest of KU hoops if he formally announced his intentions. I am sure that Self has shared that with him. I wouldn't be surprised to hear a formal statement from Garrett sooner rather than later.

He didn't need to announce he was coming back next year (we all knew he would) but he did.
Best interest for KU, or to help you sleep better? If every single person involved in decisions about building next year's, and beyond, team knows he's gone, what difference does it make for him to hop on instagram and say he's not coming back (we all know he's not)?
Not a minute of my sleep is based on next year's KU roster so I'm good.

It would benefit KU for current players with major roles to announce their intentions as soon as possible so that players considering KU will know what the landscape is. But if everyone really knows what you claim they know then that's fine, too. So long as potential players know what's up, we're good.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:37 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:58 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:32 pm

Jossell is #1 on that list.
Agreed. He doesnt strike me as a guy who is ever going to be in the rotation, let alone at the number of minutes that would make sense to stay. He isn't going to be an NBA player so might as well go somewhere where he can get a chance to be a decent college player.
Or he knows all those things and would rather be at KU for the overall experience...time will tell.

Mitch could have gone somewhere else and played much more, but he loves being at KU....i respect that. That is what makes college basketball cool.
Agreed. Everyone wants something a little different out of their college hoops experience. I wouldn't fault him or be surprised by any decision he makes.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:26 am
NDballer13 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:54 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:40 am

I agree that he is very likely gone. But it would be in the best interest of KU hoops if he formally announced his intentions. I am sure that Self has shared that with him. I wouldn't be surprised to hear a formal statement from Garrett sooner rather than later.

He didn't need to announce he was coming back next year (we all knew he would) but he did.
Best interest for KU, or to help you sleep better? If every single person involved in decisions about building next year's, and beyond, team knows he's gone, what difference does it make for him to hop on instagram and say he's not coming back (we all know he's not)?
Not a minute of my sleep is based on next year's KU roster so I'm good.

It would benefit KU for current players with major roles to announce their intentions as soon as possible so that players considering KU will know what the landscape is. But if everyone really knows what you claim they know then that's fine, too. So long as potential players know what's up, we're good.
What would really benefit us in that regard is knowing, sooner rather than later, that the hammer is going to be a one year postseason ban, for next year.

At least that way we can (this summer) recruit rising 2021-2022 high school seniors free and clear of that ban.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Self better get in touch with Tamar Bates, ASAP!

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... tes-239280
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

sdoyel wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:42 am Self better get in touch with Tamar Bates, ASAP!

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... tes-239280
Norm recruited him, so i’d be shocked if we hadn’t already reached out
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:29 am
What would really benefit us in that regard is knowing, sooner rather than later, that the hammer is going to be a one year postseason ban, for next year.

At least that way we can (this summer) recruit rising 2021-2022 high school seniors free and clear of that ban.
Once again, it’s absolutely crazy that this investigation started in 2018. And we don’t even have like a committee hearing yet?

Cuz sure, we might get the hammer, or they might declare kangaroo court too, who knows.

Once again, it seems the ncaa drags their feet by design. We don’t even know our date, except for the collateral damage we’ve already endured.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Nothing before August 2021. But, I'm still in the camp that this dragging out is better for us b/c environment.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I guess.

The trade off is, more Self whining about how the foot dragging is killing us on the recruiting trail.

But also the longer it goes on, the more likely it may be a UNC fake class ruling. “What are we even doing here, again?”
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I read that the Grove brothers who played at Eastern Washington are looking for a new school. Would we have a spot for those two on next year's roster? Self must be pretty familiar with their abilities.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

japhy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:27 pm I read that the Grove brothers who played at Eastern Washington are looking for a new school. Would we have a spot for those two on next year's roster? Self must be pretty familiar with their abilities.
No

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Think of Groves as a ginger Ed Nealy.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.