Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Post by MICHHAWK »

harris/boottyjigged

ticket is alittle too cutesy. baby steps.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:08 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:40 pm isn't that a fund raiser for pete boottijegg.
I was certain Bootypegged would have been the cunty nickname given to Buttigieg.

I wish Pete would get the VP nomination, but I doubt it. Smart money is Shapiro, to help the most with Pennsyltucky.
Pete would be amazing.
Also, impossible to elect.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:04 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:40 pm isn't that a fund raiser for pete boottijegg.
I was certain Bootypegged would have been the cunty nickname given to Buttigieg.

I wish Pete would get the VP nomination, but I doubt it. Smart money is Shapiro, to help the most with Pennsyltucky.
Pete would be amazing.
As impossible as a Jew?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:37 pm

Pete would be amazing.
As impossible as a Jew?
Probably.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Pete would be amazing.
There isn’t a more effective counter-communicator to the right’s nonsense. He is truly gifted at wonk-to-folk translation.

I would lean against him for the same reasons you would.

But I wouldn’t go so far as “impossible,” and I do wonder if we olds are (1) overestimating the number of possible-D voters his sexuality would actually chase away, and (2) underestimating the number of possible-D voters he will draw in - much much MUCH more for his comms savvy than his demographic attributes.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

There isn’t a more effective counter-communicator to the right’s nonsense. He is truly gifted at wonk-to-folk translation.

^^^^^^^^^
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I also wonder if the Trump/Vance campaign has stepped in “family” things so badly that they’re exposed for the Ds to make it a winning issue on the LEFT flank - in other words, is there traction for them to open up a fight on what family means in 2024 America.

A ticket with a pair of non-trad parents in loving families?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Big time room running on the right's hypocrisy and weird family values.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Pete would be amazing.
The majority of people who wouldn't vote for a gay man are already going to vote for Trump. I don't see "but he's gay" as a big problem for Independents and Dem voters. I think he is thoroughly electable as a Dem.

Honestly, I think the Dem hand wringing over who is the most electable is how we got stuck with Joe Biden in the first place vs a younger, more progressive candidate back in 2020.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

A lot of truth there Twocoach
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:27 am

Pete would be amazing.
The majority of people who wouldn't vote for a gay man are already going to vote for Trump. I don't see "but he's gay" as a big problem for Independents and Dem voters. I think he is thoroughly electable as a Dem.

Honestly, I think the Dem hand wringing over who is the most electable is how we got stuck with Joe Biden in the first place vs a younger, more progressive candidate back in 2020.
This is the end point of the direction I was going. I wonder if there is advantage in leaning INTO the much-much-MUCH more popular side of this issue.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I do think this is something that can be overthought. Their strategy is flooding the zone and stealing oxygen. Pete would be one outrageous slur after another and Old Testament crazy match of a candidate. Need to keep them off their usual hate speech methods. Like Hillary, he has a record to be distorted at Transportation too.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

nobody cares who the vp is. comma'la harris is living proof of that.

a ticket of comma'la/pistol pete

go for it. i dare ya.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:43 am nobody cares who the vp is. comma'la harris is living proof of that.

go for it. i dare ya.
I care who the VP is. I am betting that Donald Trump is finding out that people care who is picked as a VP as JD Vance drags his numbers down. Anyone think that it's OK to have Hillbilly Vance and his knuckledragging theories on women and families just one 78 year old Donald Trump Big Mac-induced heart attack away from the Oval Office?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the current vp has done nothing provided nothing accomplished nothing in 3+ years on the job.

tell me again why the vp is important.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:43 am nobody cares who the vp is. comma'la harris is living proof of that.

go for it. i dare ya.
You really do have a gift - what a moment to say that "nobody cares who the vp is." And to back it up with "[the person taking the lead in the polls by virtue of her elevation from vp to the top of the ticket] is living proof of that."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:37 am Need to keep them off their usual hate speech methods.
But that's what I disagree with - in the ten days Harris has been the candidate, the right's usual hate speech methods have blown up in their faces, spectacularly. The strategy isn't to keep them off those methods, but to MAKE THEM DOUBLE DOWN ON THEM.

Turns out, sad-but-true, that ordinary Americans have a MUCH greater tolerance for ageism than for racism or sexism. And I'll bet the same is true of homophobia - I'll bet people find it MUCH more repugnant than ageism.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:53 am the current vp has done nothing provided nothing accomplished nothing in 3+ years on the job.

Sarah Palin did an awesome job at helping McCain get elected.
Broham
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:01 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:53 am the current vp has done nothing provided nothing accomplished nothing in 3+ years on the job.

I was one of the few on the old message board arguing that McCain was a better presidential choice than Obama, until he showed a serious lack of judgement and picked Palin for VP. Once she opened her mouth I was done. In his attempts to appeal to the "values" voters he lost me.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:42 am
jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:01 am

I was one of the few on the old message board arguing that McCain was a better presidential choice than Obama, until he showed a serious lack of judgement and picked Palin for VP. Once she opened her mouth I was done. In his attempts to appeal to the "values" voters he lost me.
Me too.
I have always wondered if McCain scuttled his own run to avoid dealing with the looming financial disaster.