Royals

Other Sports.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Royals

Post by pdub »

Not only would 3 more break the Royals record with a nice number to it -- it'd also likely give Salvy the HR title in MLB this season.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Man did Salvy crush 47. I am doubtful about Cleveland giving him many more chances. Minnesota may feel generous and pitch to him. Salvy has made this season special, but sure wish Witt and Pratto had been up in August just to get them acclimated.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Don't think Cleveland will do much of anything. Let your players play and do what they're able. Both teams eliminated from playoffs. As are the Twins. It may not matter much regardless. Just let the pitchers pitch and the hitters hit.

I do think the Royals want to give the league a bit of a Witt surprise next year. Didn't want to get much tape on him against ML pitching for teams to scout this offseason.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Michael A Taylor signs a 2 year extension for 2022 and 2023.

I mean, a great fielder and a below average hitter. 5th on team in WAR, 3rd best WAR for position players.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

As a defensive guy, a good club investment. But if he is taking meaningful ABs away from better younger guys, hate to see it. Santana was a waste of money for sure this year as an every day player. We seem to have guys on the farm now.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:44 pm As a defensive guy, a good club investment. But if he is taking meaningful ABs away from better younger guys, hate to see it. Santana was a waste of money for sure this year as an every day player. We seem to have guys on the farm now.
Absolutely zero CF though (and I presume this signing means they're not entertaining moving Witt or Mondesi to CF).

I would be very very VERY in favor of moving Melendez for a blocked CF prospect of equivalent ceiling.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

So Royal for Salvy to hit a homer to tie the franchise record and then slip down the steps and have to be replaced.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

RICE method and 4 games at DH.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:22 am
Sparko wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:44 pm As a defensive guy, a good club investment. But if he is taking meaningful ABs away from better younger guys, hate to see it. Santana was a waste of money for sure this year as an every day player. We seem to have guys on the farm now.
Absolutely zero CF though (and I presume this signing means they're not entertaining moving Witt or Mondesi to CF).

I would be very very VERY in favor of moving Melendez for a blocked CF prospect of equivalent ceiling.
Not sure, but I would think Witt is in line to play a little CF if Lopez keeps this up.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:33 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:22 am

Not sure, but I would think Witt is in line to play a little CF if Lopez keeps this up.
I haven't changed my view: Witt should be given third base as of Opening Day next year, and just left alone there.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Where do I sign the petition?? That's what I want.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I SOOO want to see Witt and the young lions playing next year. I feel we missed a key year of development this year. It could all work out, and maybe the pitching is two-three years away anyway, but I am anxious for a 2013-2015 build.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Under over Salvy HRs set to 49.5.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

There's no difference between 50 HRS and 0.5 HRs
randylahey
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Lol.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Minnesota was not in a mood to lose the series and even hit Salvy on his first AB. Between them and ISU this weekend, I am beginning to think their kind Midwesterner reputation in doubt. . .
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Salvy ends in a tie for the Royals record.
And a tie for the most HRs in 2021.
Royals finish a game out of last in the AL Central at 74-88.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Saw an interesting tweet. If you had 4 players to put their pictures outside the K for the 2022 season, which 4 players would you put..?

I say BWJ, Whit, Salvy, and a pitcher, maybe Bubic. But wouldn't mind Nicky either.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bobby Witt wins Minor League Player of the Year.
MJ Melendez is Minor League's home run king.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:06 pm Bobby Witt wins Minor League Player of the Year.
MJ Melendez is Minor League's home run king.
All hail JJ Piccolo!

And the entire front office and minor leagues for shifting the entire organizations view towards hitting. They mix and match on speed and power. Not all speed like 2015. Some mashers coming up soon. Ready for another year of Salvy behind the plate and then him moving to 1B or DH full time from that point on.