an even more frightening perspective

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Re: an even more frightening perspective

Post by TDub »

I canr understand 100 degree ocean water. My brain can't wrap itself around that.
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

It might be a good time to sell your real estate in Florida.

https://phys.org/news/2023-07-gloomy-cl ... antic.html
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

japhy wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:35 pm It might be a good time to sell your real estate in Florida.

shhhh

lobster might be lurking
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:37 pm
japhy wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:35 pm It might be a good time to sell your real estate in Florida.

shhhh

lobster might be lurking
Maybe if we tell US climate change deniers that cooking the tropics into an uninhabitable wasteland is only going to give their inhabitants more motivation to try to come north to the US, they'll take it more seriously.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

shhhh

lobster might be lurking
Near some butter and maybe a filet, the way things are going.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:09 pm We should definitely dump all the ice in Greenland into the Florida Keys. That'll help.
We are. That’s sort of the problem really.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:44 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:09 pm We should definitely dump all the ice in Greenland into the Florida Keys. That'll help.
We are. That’s sort of the problem really.
well....thats not the problem. It is a symptom of the problem though
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:19 pm

shhhh

lobster might be lurking
Maybe if we tell US climate change deniers that cooking the tropics into an uninhabitable wasteland is only going to give their inhabitants more motivation to try to come north to the US, they'll take it more seriously.
i almost made a similar comment in the immigration thread

if psych thinks this is bad, he ain’t seen nothin’ yet
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:52 pm
shhhh

lobster might be lurking

He is only OK with solutions that have zero negative impact on him personally. Everyone else needs to change so that his life can stay the same.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:26 am

He is only OK with solutions that have zero negative impact on him personally. Everyone else needs to change so that his life can stay the same.
Well, duh.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:32 am

Well, duh.
Hey, we're finally getting somewhere. Admitting that you're selfish and care primarily about yourself is the first step. The next step is realizing that others in your community, city, state and nation are more geared towards empathy towards others first. We exist in the same communities together so it's time to recognize that some compromise needs to happen.

It's time to stop making up dumb conspiracies and BS stories to justify selfish desires. Just own it like you have finally done here. At least then we can stop with page after page of responses to obvious lies and ridiculous stories. If you could actually be truthful about the motivation behind your stances then real discussion could be had about finding a middle ground.

We bitch and whine about not having any centrists to choose from; that it's either the crazy libs or the crazy 'pubs. Eh, Joe Biden has been pretty damn centrist based on his track record of accomplishments. Just adding loud noise to the gluttonous din of noise pollution already out there just tortures us all. If you just enjoy being a dick and riling people up, admit it. Own it. Just stop with all the nonsense.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:26 am
Well, duh.
Hey, we're finally getting somewhere. Admitting that you're selfish and care primarily about yourself is the first step. The next step is realizing that others in your community, city, state and nation are more geared towards empathy towards others first. We exist in the same communities together so it's time to recognize that some compromise needs to happen.

It's time to stop making up dumb conspiracies and BS stories to justify selfish desires. Just own it like you have finally done here. At least then we can stop with page after page of responses to obvious lies and ridiculous stories. If you could actually be truthful about the motivation behind your stances then real discussion could be had about finding a middle ground.

We bitch and whine about not having any centrists to choose from; that it's either the crazy libs or the crazy 'pubs. Eh, Joe Biden has been pretty damn centrist based on his track record of accomplishments. Just adding loud noise to the gluttonous din of noise pollution already out there just tortures us all. If you just enjoy being a dick and riling people up, admit it. Own it. Just stop with all the nonsense.
I want what is best for me, my wife, and my kids, and I want elected officials who hold that same priority. What is happening in Mexico, China, or Sweden is of secondary or tertiary importance to me. I'm sorry if that offends or frustrates you.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:43 am

Well, duh.

I want what is best for me, my wife, and my kids, and I want elected officials who hold that same priority. What is happening in Mexico, China, or Sweden is of secondary or tertiary importance to me. I'm sorry if that offends or frustrates you.
That doesn't frustrate me at all. It's one of the few truly honest things you have said here.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

but it’s incredibly short-sighted, and often callous

how very christian
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:04 am

That doesn't frustrate me at all. It's one of the few truly honest things you have said here.
I don't think I've ever been unclear about that fact.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Well, duh.

I'm curious though - how many generations down the line concern you enough to change your mind? Because - look around! - climate change isn't something remote. It's not for the people of 2750 to deal with, or even the people of 2250. Especially not if everyone just hides behind their own borders.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

some good coverage on this

https://ft.com/content/41efe7f2-5bd5-48 ... 75f08180fd
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

UN Secretary General says we’ve entered the era of global boiling
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:14 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:04 am

I don't think I've ever been unclear about that fact.
You just can't apply selfish principles to laws that affect an entire community, city, state or nation. It's a recipe for feeling frustrated and "not represented" because you will expect to be represented in and by everything. Not being about you has been transformed into "being against me" by Trump's GOP because he recognizes how motivating grievance politics is. GOP has been transformed into "Grievance Only Platform" because their only platform seems to be a desire to stick it to someone else for daring to make it about anyone else and not just white, male Christians.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

USA! USA! USA!