Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by randylahey »

are you proposing we honkey it up?

Is this our potential lightskin lineup?

Dajuan, christian, jalen, mitch, cam martin
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:33 pm are you proposing we honkey it up?

Is this our potential lightskin lineup?

Dajuan, christian, jalen, mitch, cam martin
If we ever have Mitch Braun and Cam out there together some of our fan's heads will explode.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Nah, if that happens we'll be up by 40
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

DMac just posted some vids of him practicing....every single 1 was a post up where he makes contact with defender in/around the lane and then shoots a fall away jumper. Drives me nuts. Why not use your size and strength?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Bill described Remy as "a pass-first point guard right now. He was a shoot-first point guard at Arizona State. He's trying so hard to fit in that I think we have to get kind of a balance where he's thinking right now, but also play through his talent a little bit better, and his ability to score."

"I think he's going to be a huge addition for us. Exactly how he fits in, he gives us some speed, some feistiness and some energy that I think would be very welcome."
Deleted User 863

Can't tell if those comments are good or bad....
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Don't know why they have to be one or the other.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:43 pm Don't know why they have to be one or the other.
i’ll give you three guesses, and the first two don’t count
Deleted User 863

Fwiw i didn't mean good or bad for Remy personally. I just mean good or bad for our team as a whole heading into the season.
Deleted User 863

I'd put it in the golf thread, but nobody would see it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTNvNX3vOSF ... =copy_link
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:02 pm Fwiw i didn't mean good or bad for Remy personally. I just mean good or bad for our team as a whole heading into the season.
That's how I interpreted what you posted, so my answer would be the same.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ESPN Update today (Borzello):

2. Kansas Jayhawks
Previous: 2

Kansas has all the players needed to win a national championship this season. The Jayhawks had one major hole entering the offseason, and that was at the point guard spot; so, Bill Self went out and landed Arizona State transfer Remy Martin, maybe the best transfer in the country. Self also signed ESPN 100 point guard Bobby Pettiford, who originally committed to Louisville, and Drake transfer Joseph Yesufu, a physical guard who can make plays in the backcourt. So, that's good to go.

The biggest key now? A healthy and effective David McCormack. McCormack was dominant for stretches last season, giving Kansas a clear focal point on the interior it could throw the ball to and get a bucket. Much of that happened during a 12-game stretch in conference play during which McCormack averaged 15.8 points and 6.8 rebounds. But there were some consistency issues. In Kansas' nine losses, the big man averaged 11.8 points and 5.1 boards; in the team's 20 wins with McCormack (he missed KU's Big 12 tournament win), he averaged 14.2 points and 6.6 boards.

Projected starting lineup:

Remy Martin (19.1 PPG at Arizona State)
Christian Braun (9.8 PPG)
Ochai Agbaji (14.2 PPG)
Jalen Wilson (12.1 PPG)
David McCormack (13.4 PPG, 6.1 rebounds per game)

Others:
5. UT
9. UK
10. Bay
16. Bama
23. Okie St.
26. Tech
29. Sparty

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... gs-2021-22
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:21 pm Bill described Remy as "a pass-first point guard right now. He was a shoot-first point guard at Arizona State. He's trying so hard to fit in that I think we have to get kind of a balance where he's thinking right now, but also play through his talent a little bit better, and his ability to score."

"I think he's going to be a huge addition for us. Exactly how he fits in, he gives us some speed, some feistiness and some energy that I think would be very welcome."
that sounds like good news to me
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Man, the media is really counting on Scott Drew being a good basketball coach now, I mean, I get it; the guy just won a national championship, buuuut...
Deleted User 863

https://instagram.com/90.10training?utm ... =copy_link

This guy has videos of some of our guys training if anyone is interested. The link above is his page with tons of videos....the below link should take you right to our guys recent stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h ... =copy_link
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Man, Cam’s jumper looks smooth.

and I dunno if Yesufu will start, but every minute Yesufu doesn’t play is another minute the announcers can’t gush about he’s one of those “vintage bulldog guards that Coach Self loves…”
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Dave getting cornrows and looking swole might be the biggest turnaround story since Tyshawn.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I like that storyline.

Watch him get some ink too and suddenly be a force finishing at the rim.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

InfiniteJ wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:55 pm Man, the media is really counting on Scott Drew being a good basketball coach now, I mean, I get it; the guy just won a national championship, buuuut...
I think hes been underappreciated by KU fans for awhile. the biggest knock on him is he struggles to beat Kansas right
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:20 am Man, Cam’s jumper looks smooth.

and I dunno if Yesufu will start, but every minute Yesufu doesn’t play is another minute the announcers can’t gush about he’s one of those “vintage bulldog guards that Coach Self loves…”
I think Yesefu is better than any returning guards we have. In his two NCAA games last year he was dominant, not just good but dominant. USC didnt have an answer for him and they beat us by 34 right.

Braun and dajuan have the advantage over him knowing the system etc, but Yesefu is has it all. strong quick bulldog of a guard. good in the pick and roll, can create for himself or others, good range. He reminds me a lot of a young Kyle Lowry