Chiefs 2023

Kansas Football.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Chiefs 2023

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

5:50am "The Refs sucked last night. So did the Chiefs. Go ahead and blame the loss on both but".......
I 100% feel the refs had way too much negative bearing on the outcome of the game last night for the Chiefs.
It was a brutal game from the officiating, to the poor performance of/by the Chiefs, to the abundance of injuries.
Thankfully there are more games to play - and I feel the rest of the season can and will get better than it was last night.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:50 am The Refs sucked last night. So did the Chiefs. Go ahead and blame the loss on both but.......
What I find incredible is that of all the Chiefs games threads I have read (partially and in their entirety) in my lifetime (my guess is 50+ or so) the Chiefs have never won a game because of the refs. Seems at least 25% of their loses were blamed on the refs more than on the Chiefs playing poorly. Interesting.

Moving on because there is no choice but to do as such....
The one ok thing about the L is that it was against an NFC team.
Don't forget the Chiefs currently have the best Conference record.
I believe the Chiefs have the easiest remaining schedule between them, the Jags, Raves, and Phins.
I'm predicting......
Chiefs 12-5
Jags 12-5
Raves 11-6
Phins 12-5
For the Ravens to finish 11-6 they would have to lose to the Dolphins, Jags and 49ers because they'll likely beat the Rams and Steelers.
For the Dolphins to finish 11-6 with a win over the Ravens, they'd have to lose to both the Bills and Cowboys, both at home. If they are good enough to win at Baltimore then I don't see them dropping both of those.
For the Jags to finish 12-5 despite beating Baltimore they'd have to lose 2 of Bengals, Browns, Bucs, Jags and Titans. The best QB in that bunch is Baker Mayfield. So that's probably not happening.

If the Chiefs beat Buffalo next week then I think they run the table. But your 12-5 feels accurate for them. Feels like they end up as the 3 or 4 seed.

It honestly feels like Baltimore should roll through the AFC to the Super Bowl.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Agree with PDub. The Vikings game was pretty bad. I thought the bad calls were fairly equal, but the late no call was consequential. No excuse fo the egregious missed calls. Green Bay played a near perfect game except for the missed penalties. Really close, surprisingly.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’m still hoping Andy has 40 percent of his playbook in his back pocket and all the resting of Travis Kelce this season pays off ( he’s taking off a lot of snaps )

Our defense, though really busted up, is the best it’s been while Mahomes has been here. We need people to step up in the playoffs ( MVS v Cincy, Toney v Philly ). I think we still have as good a shot as any in the AFC but would be dogs to Philly and SF.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:27 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:50 am The Refs sucked last night. So did the Chiefs. Go ahead and blame the loss on both but.......
What I find incredible is that of all the Chiefs games threads I have read (partially and in their entirety) in my lifetime (my guess is 50+ or so) the Chiefs have never won a game because of the refs. Seems at least 25% of their loses were blamed on the refs more than on the Chiefs playing poorly. Interesting.

Moving on because there is no choice but to do as such....
The one ok thing about the L is that it was against an NFC team.
Don't forget the Chiefs currently have the best Conference record.
I believe the Chiefs have the easiest remaining schedule between them, the Jags, Raves, and Phins.
I'm predicting......
Chiefs 12-5
Jags 12-5
Raves 11-6
Phins 12-5
For the Ravens to finish 11-6 they would have to lose to the Dolphins, Jags and 49ers because they'll likely beat the Rams and Steelers.
For the Dolphins to finish 11-6 with a win over the Ravens, they'd have to lose to both the Bills and Cowboys, both at home. If they are good enough to win at Baltimore then I don't see them dropping both of those.
For the Jags to finish 12-5 despite beating Baltimore they'd have to lose 2 of Bengals, Browns, Bucs, Jags and Titans. The best QB in that bunch is Baker Mayfield. So that's probably not happening.

If the Chiefs beat Buffalo next week then I think they run the table. But your 12-5 feels accurate for them. Feels like they end up as the 3 or 4 seed.

It honestly feels like Baltimore should roll through the AFC to the Super Bowl.
I'm impressed you did the analysis!
Ravens - Yes, I am "fading" the Ravens. I'm thinking they lose to the Dolphins, Jags, and 49ers. Doubtful the Rams beat them in Baltimore but stranger things have happened. They play the 49ers and Jags on the road. If they were capable of losing to the Colts and Browns at home, I feel they are capable of losing to the Phins at home.
Phins - I didn't predict the Phins to finish 11-6. I predicted them to finish 12-5.
Jags - Can't lose to the Jags, as you stated. ;) You meant the Panthers.
Call it wishful thinking and they very well may be favored in all their remaining games, but I think they find a way to lose two more games.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:47 am I’m still hoping Andy has 40 percent of his playbook in his back pocket and all the resting of Travis Kelce this season pays off ( he’s taking off a lot of snaps )

Our defense, though really busted up, is the best it’s been while Mahomes has been here. We need people to step up in the playoffs ( MVS v Cincy, Toney v Philly ). I think we still have as good a shot as any in the AFC but would be dogs to Philly and SF.
A lot can and will happen before the playoffs. While SF is playing great football right now, they found a way to lose 3 in a row. Maybe they can find a way to lose a playoff game.
The Eagles lost to the Jets. That proves to me they can lose to anyone.
Unless some complete debacle occurs, the Chiefs will make the playoffs. Once they do, I like their chances (favored or not) against anyone other than the current 49ers team.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This team doesn’t deserve the bye and I doubt they get it. Loosing Cook probably for the season isn’t going to help here.

Management took a chance ignoring the WR room. We will see if it pays off.

We beat both the Dolphins and Jags and Baltimore doesn’t frighten me anymore than those teams.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Refs were awful.

Chiefs defense was awfulller. So was the offense.
Broham
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Chiefs offense wasn't bad actually. Leaned on the run which shortened the game for the beat up defense. Pacheco was outstanding. Failure to get off the field on defense hurt. But the prep was excellent by GB.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:37 am Twocoach. Rewatch the the hit. Mahomes' head snapped violently from the helmet hit. That was actually a good call. Should have evaluated him. Unnecessary roughness. Purposely tried to injure. We know what he was trying to do when he launched.

The refs were awful. But Mahomes also threw a terrible pick. And Dillon injured two guys. The big difference on both ends was fatigue. That and injuries are ruining the season. They play a bye week team and two thursday teams next. Brutal schedule.

The bad calls cost KC 11 points or so, plus that long 4th down pass that led to a TD. The NFL is frankly broken. Calls played a huge role in a well played game. The rest of the league are tired of the Chiefs winning. The Chiefs got maybe one call and social media went crazy bitching about Mahomes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra8OSit1GLA

He clearly led with the shoulder. Mahomes was clearly in bounds still and there was clearly not helmet to helmet contact.

Again, the play with MVS was CLEARLY a penalty and should have been called. It's a completely different game if that happens. Not that KC's red zone offense is remotely reliable, but they have a better chance inside the 10 than outside the 30 obviously.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I give our offense a B-.
Our defense a C-.
And the officials an F.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“… and there was clearly not helmet to helmet contact…”

Um.
Eyes checked.

That said, I agree a pretty weak call there. Let em play—I wouldn’t have called it but see why they did.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I laughed looking at Twitter. GB fans were so certain that it wasn't unnecessary roughness they showed a screenshot before the hit. There was a helmet collision. Mahomes had given himself up going OOB. Loaded up and took a cheap shot. With all the injuries, can't have that. The pain and the brutal nature of the game make the missed calls an injustice in every game. Protecting franchise players should be a priority. GB was in desperation mode laying the hits. Buffalo will be too. Refs need to watch for the choke outs and cheap shots
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:23 am I laughed looking at Twitter. GB fans were so certain that it wasn't unnecessary roughness they showed a screenshot before the hit. There was a helmet collision. Mahomes had given himself up going OOB. Loaded up and took a cheap shot. With all the injuries, can't have that. The pain and the brutal nature of the game make the missed calls an injustice in every game. Protecting franchise players should be a priority. GB was in desperation mode laying the hits. Buffalo will be too. Refs need to watch for the choke outs and cheap shots
Given himself up? He literally lowered his shoulder and kept running the same direction trying to get a first down. He wasn't giving up anything. If that was a KC player hitting the GB QB and that was called you would be echoing every single thing I said so this is pointless.

WE WERE SCREWED!

There, now that I have properly assimilated and joined the echo chamber, we can move on.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Look, he was on the sideline. Was hit with a helmet. Led with the shoulder but hit him high. You are about the most stubborn mule outside of Mizzou. And he already had the first down. That was a shot intended to knock him out of the game.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:31 am Look, he was on the sideline. Was hit with a helmet. Led with the shoulder but hit him high. You are about the most stubborn mule outside of Mizzou. And he already had the first down. That was a shot intended to knock him out of the game.
now that I have properly assimilated and joined the echo chamber, we can move on.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

You acted like getting one fifty fifty call negated everything.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:33 am You acted like getting one fifty fifty call negated everything.
Or I just mentioned that they benefitted from one bad call and got screwed by another bad call and you didn't like anything that wasn't an echo of "WE GOT SCREWED and had to set me straight.

You guys keep running people out of the game threads for not commenting how you want them to and it truly will be an echo chamber because it will only be you left in there talking to yourself.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:33 am You acted like getting one fifty fifty call negated everything.
Yea.
It's this.
It was a close call - I wouldnt have called it - i'd say equally as close as the non DPI on Kelce in the endzone.

What wasn't close was the MVS DPI.

https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC/status/1731534333322617047
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

We can all agree that Dillon played like Earl Campbell last night. I forgot he was the backup. That is real depth. KC scored on like its first four possessions though. The idea that the Chiefs played badly is wrong. The Mahomes interception was crucial.