Who is the GOAT

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Who is the GOAT

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:59 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:46 am Perhaps that was another "shot" but people feel "shots were fired" a while ago. Between both of them.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/ ... basketball

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/ ... s-the-shop
I don't see those comments by Buss as having anything to do with James. Bryant is in the news with his court case so it doesn't surprise me that Buss is commenting on him. People seem to want to make everything about James even when it has nothing to do with him. And we all know the slant that Skip Bayless is going to put on it.
Make of it as you will but she tweeted that on July 4th.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:39 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:59 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:46 am Perhaps that was another "shot" but people feel "shots were fired" a while ago. Between both of them.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/ ... basketball

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/ ... s-the-shop
I don't see those comments by Buss as having anything to do with James. Bryant is in the news with his court case so it doesn't surprise me that Buss is commenting on him. People seem to want to make everything about James even when it has nothing to do with him. And we all know the slant that Skip Bayless is going to put on it.
Make of it as you will but she tweeted that on July 4th.
There has been stuff about the court case in the news on and off all year. Just after July 4th, the LA County Sheriffs reached some sort of settlement on their legal portion of the case against them. I would assume that Kobe and the cases surrounding the pictures taken of his crash site are discussed regularly in LA and in conversations with and by Buss.

https://abc7.com/kobe-bryant-crash-heli ... /12051411/

But maybe it is a shot a James, who knows. I don't know Jeannie Buss or her management style other than that it doesn't seem to be her M.O. to take an unprompted shot across the bow of her highest paid megastar. it just seems much more likely to be Bayless trying to make something out of nothing as he is prone to doing on a regular basis.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

LeBron agreed to a 2 year 97 million dollar extension. I guess he and Jeanie are just fine.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/344 ... yer-option
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Shots fired!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

not really
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:34 pm shots fired
🤡
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I have a feeling the Lakers "brass" wouldn't have been too happy if they knew about this before he did it.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Obviously fake.
Still fun.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Lot of factors that made me question if it is/was real. One of the tells is that the ground is vey wet near the basket and support. Highly doubtful he would be ok with landing on wet pavement.

He has claimed it was real but it seems he was obviously lying and embellishing it.

From 2008
During Monday’s practice, Ireland quizzed Kobe about his latest adventure in leaping. And the conversation went a little something like this:

John: “A new Hyperdunk thing has hit the Internet where you jump over a pool of snakes.”

Kobe: “Yeah.”

John: “Is that real?”

Kobe: “Absolutely.”

John: “You jumped over that pool and dunked?”

Kobe: “I did jump over that pool.”

John: “So it’s not like the Aston Martin?”

Kobe (pseudo-offended) : “I jumped over a car!”

Another reporter: “Were there snakes in the pool?”

Kobe: “100 … about 140 of ‘em.”

Yet another reporter: “And all poisonous, right?”

Kobe: “Anacondas, red bellied snakes … uh, there weren’t no black mambas, they’re a little too big.”

Bryant went on to describe his day hanging out with the Jackass crew - calling it a “hell of a time“, fondly referring to the Jackassers as “classic idiots“, but adding that he “loved every minute of it.”

However, Ireland was persistent to get the scoop on the snake jump:

John: “And the dunk was real. You actually jumped over the pool.”

Kobe: “I did jump over the pool. I had a little assistance, maybe.”

John: “With Hollywood?”

Kobe: “From the Hyperdunks.”

And with that, the interview ended in a round of good-natured laughter.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:13 amLot of factors that made me question if it is/was real.
Was one of the factors that the video of the jump looks like it completely defies the laws of physics? ;)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Obviously it wouldn't matter.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kobe ( pushed 'to' the bench ).
Not saying I think Steph or Durant are better all time but I think Kobe is a similar player to Jordan, which is great, but you want Steph and Durant's shooting out there.
Deleted User 863

Shooting doesn't matter at that point. LeBron Steph MJ and Kobe shoot plenty well enough.

It's either KD or Steph for me. I'd pick KD because I am not very fond of him/his personality.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

If I am picking…..Shaq
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Shooting always matters.
Prime Steph broke everything.
Durants MVP season he shot better than 50% and shot 39% from 3.

Kobe was fantastic but he was a volume shooter. Durant does things he can’t.

Prime Shaq was unstoppable.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Overlander wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:57 pm If I am picking…..Shaq
Not prime Shaq. It’s probably KD or LeBron.

Curry is the only PG.

Jordan and Kobe together is crazy drool worthy. Their competitive nature would fuel both of them.