The Great Outdoors

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: The Great Outdoors

Post by KUTradition »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

We, a group of more than 3,700 people, including concerned scientists, citizens from at least 88 countries and Nobel laureates, fundamentally disagree with R. Alexander Pyron's Nov. 26 Outlook essay, "Species die. Get over it." His views expressed are at odds with scientific facts and our moral responsibility...
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

just because you read it on the internet doesn’t make it true
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:57 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

We, a group of more than 3,700 people, including concerned scientists, citizens from at least 88 countries and Nobel laureates, fundamentally disagree with R. Alexander Pyron's Nov. 26 Outlook essay, "Species die. Get over it." His views expressed are at odds with scientific facts and our moral responsibility...
lol
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:02 pm just because you read the headline on the internet doesn’t make it true
Fyp
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Lol at Illanoy trying to recruit someone to come argue for him
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:02 pm just because you read it on the internet doesn’t make it true
"99.9 percent of all species that have ever lived, as many as 50 billion, have already gone extinct." - true or false?

"In 50 million years, Europe will collide with Africa and form a new supercontinent, destroying species (think of birds, fish and anything vulnerable to invasive life forms from another landmass) by irrevocably altering their habitats." - true or false?

"Plants such as the Phragmites reed have been shown to perform better at reducing coastal erosion and storing carbon than native vegetation in some areas, like the Chesapeake." - true or false?

"And if biodiversity is the goal of extinction fearmongers, how do they regard South Florida, where about 140 new reptile species accidentally introduced by the wildlife trade are now breeding successfully? No extinctions of native species have been recorded, and, at least anecdotally, most natives are still thriving. The ones that are endangered, such as gopher tortoises and indigo snakes , are threatened mostly by habitat destruction." - true or false?

"Mass extinctions periodically wipe out up to 95 percent of all species in one fell swoop; these come every 50 million to 100 million years, and scientists agree that we are now in the middle of the sixth such extinction, this one caused primarily by humans and our effects on animal habitats." - true or false?

"we have altered the environment and, in doing so, hurt other species." - true or false?

"the temperature has been at least eight degrees Celsius warmer within the past 65 million years. Twenty-one thousand years ago, Boston was under an ice sheet a kilometer thick." - true or false?

"We are near all-time lows for temperature and sea level" - true of false

"Within a few million years of the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs, the post-apocalyptic void had been filled by an explosion of diversity — modern mammals, birds and amphibians of all shapes and sizes." - true or false?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Congrats, you are the first to officially “out copy/paste” Gutter.
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:12 pm Lol at Illanoy trying to recruit someone to come argue for him
Ryan's credentials make Trad's look like a novice. His participation on this topic of the board would be welcomed.

I'll see if I can make it happen. Maybe he'll want to defend his position on the topic since Trad kind of shit on him and they apparently know each other according to Trad?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you have zero idea what my credentials are, obviously

i can assure you that Alex is well aware of how that piece was received, by all means, email him and invite him here
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:19 pm Congrats, you are the first to officially “out copy/paste” Gutter.
Overlander wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:40 pm Troll
I can link to at least a handful of copy paste jobs by gutter that are far superior to that one. He does that very well (both in content and execution), it'll take me more time to acquire that skill.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

coincidentally, i’ve actually got more degrees than he does

smfh
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:23 pm you have zero idea what my credentials are, obviously
You'd maybe be surprised just how much you can find out about a person on the internet.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:25 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:23 pm you have zero idea what my credentials are, obviously
You'd maybe be surprised just how much you can find out about a person on the internet.
put up or shut up, lobs
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:24 pm coincidentally, i’ve actually got more degrees than he does

smfh
Well unfortunately for you we aren't just adding up degrees BYU boy.
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:25 pm
put up or shut up, lobs
Blame Qusdahl.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

sick burn

:lol:

you’re so bad at this
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:26 pm

put up or shut up, lobs
Blame Qusdahl.
why?

you’re the admitted stalker
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:27 pm
put up or shut up, lobs
Blame Qusdahl.
why?

He's who doxxed you.

I researched, not stalked.

You stalk me far more than I stalk you. By definition: "harass or persecute (someone) with unwanted and obsessive attention."... i offered to steer clear of you if you did the same for me. You didn't take me up on my offer. So here we are.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Overlander wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:19 pm Congrats, you are the first to officially “out copy/paste” Gutter.

Made me giggle. I guess you know why.

As an aside -- man, this place hasn't changed. Same albatross around the neck of an otherwise good site.

I'm sorry, you guys.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:31 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:27 pm

Blame Qusdahl.
why?

He's who doxxed you.

I researched, not stalked.

You stalk me far more than I stalk you. By definition: "harass or persecute (someone) with unwanted and obsessive attention."... i offered to steer clear of you if you did the same for me. You didn't take me up on my offer. So here we are.
whatever you need to tell yourself

it’s amazing the things you tell yourself to justify your childish antics

so transparent