Who is the GOAT

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Who is the GOAT

Post by pdub »

I think the opposite.
I think they’d clash.
I already have a better version of Kobe on the floor in Jordan—the other four do different things.

Durant made it work with the Warriors. His assist numbers have always been high.

LeBron is unlike any of the others. He can guard all positions on the floor. He is an elite facilitator. I know Cascadia has emotional problems with LeBron but LeBrons prime years were just as good as Jordan’s.

If your option instead of Curry was like Gary Payton you’d sit the point and play LeBron there.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'm tempted to say something like, Lebron off the bench cuz he's the best suited to sub for any position 1-5.

and Shaq has to start cuz he's the only true big. Might get away with not starting him against some small ball lineup, but the thing is, prime Shaq is the kind of guy who looks even more dominant against small ball, rather than awkward and top-heavy like non-prime-Shaq-caliber bigs.

and Lebron's prob the second closest thing to a big in that lineup, so might as well keep him fresh so he doesn't whine about having to play front court minutes.

I also thought about Steph off the bench cuz he's such a runt compared to the rest of the guys. But as a whole, I think his ability to stretch the floor makes up for it.

or, yea, Kobe, since his game is already so similar to Jordan's

If we're gonna actually think about assembling a roster here...
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

You're overthinking this.

Worrying about make believe match up issues and lineup continuity? Lulz. Are they playing the Alien team from Space Jam?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

speaking of lineup continuity, whose ego would be the most likely to sabotage that rotation?

could you even play Shaq and Kobe at the same time?

Would Durant get into more fights with his twitter socks?

would MJ show up hungover again?

If we have to start Lebron, does that mean we have to start Lebron's hairpiece too?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:58 am I think the opposite.
I think they’d clash.
I already have a better version of Kobe on the floor in Jordan—the other four do different things.

Durant made it work with the Warriors. His assist numbers have always been high.

LeBron is unlike any of the others. He can guard all positions on the floor. He is an elite facilitator. I know Cascadia has emotional problems with LeBron but LeBrons prime years were just as good as Jordan’s.

If your option instead of Curry was like Gary Payton you’d sit the point and play LeBron there.
Kobe is MJ lite and a major volume shooter so he would be the one to go to my bench. Curry, MJ, James, Durant and Shaq with Kobe off the bench would be unstoppable.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

is there any point to distinguishing whether Durant or Lebron would be the "power forward?"
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Curry, MJ, James, Durant and Shaq with me coming off the bench would be unstoppable.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:09 am is there any point to distinguishing whether Durant or Lebron would be the "power forward?"
Speaking of LeBron and PFs....
Anybody remember when a team with LeBron (GOAT?), Tim Duncan (Best PF of all time?), Melo, Iverson, Marbury, Wade, and a bunch of other superstars lost to Carlos Arroyo and a bunch of Puerto Rican junk by 19 points? Yes, I know it was "international rules" but I mean....... Come on. 100% inexcusable.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:09 am Curry, MJ, James, Durant and Shaq with me coming off the bench would be unstoppable.
This.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"could you even play Shaq and Kobe at the same time?"

I dunno.
Ask Phil Jackson and the Lakers after they had won three straight titles.
What??
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

should we ask Phil Jackson before or after he literally wrote a book about the Shaq-Kobe feud?
Deleted User 863

What does that have to do with playing them together in this fantasy scenario?

Good grief.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Paralysis by Analysis
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Happy birthday Kobe.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Seattle Sonics Collison sighting at 3 minutes.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

For some reason I don't believe this was a date. Regardless, I figure Scottie would be more upset if MJ was banging his daughter than Marcus is banging Scottie's ex wife. Maybe.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/09/04/michael- ... pen-miami/
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Kobe is my second favorite NBA player of all time. He isn't/wasn't the GOAT but this is/was 100% GOAT mentality.
P.S. Notice the t-shirt Pau is wearing in the video.

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Will LeBron James be the all time leading scorer in NBA history next season?
I think he does it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

he's at 37,062

Kareem's at 38,387

in 19 seasons, Lebron averaged 1950 total points a season. So, short of injury or just some decline in production, yea he's likely

he needs 1325 points. Over 82 games, that'd be 16.158 ppg. he's a career 27ppg guy, with his lowest average ppg coming in his rookie year at 20