Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Feral wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:54 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:14 am Anyone watch the interview with Kaitlan Collins and VGR!?
I'm probably not the only one on here who feels Kaitlin Collins is not good - if not terrible - at her job.
While I do give her and those who gave her the questions some credit, I am not at all surprised he came off as being a better interviewEE than she is an interviewER.
Heck, it might not be a stretch to say I might come off as being a better interviewEE than she is an interviewER.
Sometimes I wonder if CNN realizes they do more to HELP Republican candidates than they do to hurt them. My wish is that they would be "indifferent" no matter the political party of the candidate but clearly they are not.
I had started watching the Kaitlin Collins - VGR interview, but stopped early when he kept interrupting and talking over her. I don't know if he persisted, but it was wearyingly familiar and disrespectful, so I swept right. Or left, I forget.

You're aware that AT&T divested some of its assets to Time Warner Discovery, including CNN, to a Trump supporter not long ago? Not long after, in an effort to be "more balanced" CNN held the Trump Town Hall in May where he continued his lies while an audience filled with his supporters cheered wildly. That, along with some other changes, led to the firing of the CNN CEO by the Time Warner Discovery CEO, and now we wait to see how that impacts CNN going forward. But it's reasonable to expect they'll continue to have more Trump apologists on and will spend lots of time doing bothsiderisms whether what their "conservative" spew unfounded conspiracy theories, or not.
I recall the town hall and the backlash (towards CNN) that followed.
I am 100% in favor of "fair and balanced" reporting from all media outlets but we live in a world where that will never exist for valid - and invalid - reasons.
My biggest problem is the purposeful division that exists in "mass media" and how otherwise intelligent people fully allow themselves to be manipulated and brainwashed in to believing shit that simply is wrong and/or not true.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

randylahey wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:11 pm
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

(His second choice was Kari Lake.)

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

In case you thought ഗയ് റാണ്ടി സന്തോഷത്തോടെ ഭോഗിക്കുകയും ജെകെ ലിവിംഗ് വോട്ട് ചെയ്യുകയും ചെയ്യും was just a one dimensional deep state ass kickin' political action figure....HA HA!

He is so much MORE!

He is the fucking Frankie Avalon of racket sports!

ഗയ് റാണ്ടി സന്തോഷത്തോടെ ഭോഗിക്കുകയും ജെകെ ലിവിംഗ് വോട്ട് ചെയ്യുകയും ചെയ്യും is the non-Christian, made for the big screen, libertarian, pint sized, political action figure super hero that Fox Nation has waited their WHOLE LIVES TO VOTE FOR!

NOTHING you can say will change my MIND!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

It turns out Randy isn't the only person inspired by ഗയ് റാണ്ടി സന്തോഷത്തോടെ ഭോഗിക്കുകയും ജെകെ ലിവിംഗ് വോട്ട് ചെയ്യുകയും ചെയ്യും!

From the comments:

Goosebumps when Rafi saab says abhi abhi to aayi ho..abhi abhi jana hai

Jeetendra...so handsome, dashing and charming. And what moves!

4:17 AM, Saturday, 11 March 2023...listening to this song here in Malaysia, reminds me of my home and the old good days 😭☺️ it's so comforting to listen back to all those beautiful hindi songs that my parents used to play when I was young whenever I feel lonely or homesick studying abroad
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Watching Republicans pretend to like RFK Jr. And VGR has been funny. Now they need to pretend to like fair pay, safe food and water, and good government.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:24 pm Watching Republicans pretend to like RFK Jr. And VGR has been funny. Now they need to pretend to like fair pay, safe food and water, and good government.
I will take the R primaries seriously if and when the party throws Trump over the side of the boat. Until then it’s all a long grift.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:26 pm
Sparko wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:24 pm Watching Republicans pretend to like RFK Jr. And VGR has been funny. Now they need to pretend to like fair pay, safe food and water, and good government.
I will take the R primaries seriously if and when the party throws Trump over the side of the boat. Until then it’s all a long grift.
And to think Oral Roberts was called home.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Republicans used to tout Family Values, Law and Order and Fiscal Discipline. Trump is proof that they weren’t serious about any of it.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:03 pm
Republicans used to tout Family Values, Law and Order and Fiscal Discipline. Trump is proof that they weren’t serious about any of it.
It's hard to imagine how people of good faith who took republican talking points seriously for decades, must feel.

I doubt: "I didn't leave the republican party, the republican party left me", provides much solace to those who put in an effort on the party's behalf, for decades.

#sad
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:27 pm
zsn wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:03 pm

It's hard to imagine how people of good faith who took republican talking points seriously for decades, must feel.

I doubt: "I didn't leave the republican party, the republican party left me", provides much solace to those who put in an effort on the party's behalf, for decades.

#sad
I continue to think that, fundamentally, one of the macro things that has happened is that people who were young when the GOP really started smashing the culture wars button for engagement/effect, are now in positions of power and don't understand that the plan was never really to put those words into action.

Turns out those actions are deeply, cripplingly unpopular!
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

I think people are underestimating this guy. He appeals to sane pubs (even DC likes him, for instance), but also has a pretty solid mastery of the ethos (there's a better word that's escaping me) of the crazy/moronic pubs.

I think he's going to have a significant rise in the polls after Wednesday.

And then his opponents are going to dig up "liberal" or "woke" stuff he has done/said in the past. Will be interesting to see if he can withstand that.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

mjl2 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:26 pm I think people are underestimating this guy. He appeals to sane pubs (even DC likes him, for instance), but also has a pretty solid mastery of the ethos (there's a better word that's escaping me) of the crazy/moronic pubs.

And then his opponents are going to dig up "liberal" or "woke" stuff he has done/said in the past. Will be interesting to see if he can withstand that.
mjI2 wrote:"...He...also has a pretty solid mastery of the ethos (there's a better word that's escaping me) of the crazy/moronic pubs."

The word you're looking for is "aggrievement", i.e., "hate".

I was thinking about that earlier today and I agree, I think VGR will rise in the polls after the Iowa primary, too. Partially as a result of the usual weeding out of the chaff process, but not exclusively. Like you, I think "the base", who currently mostly doesn't know who he is, will gain new recognition and like the "ethos" he's selling.
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

mjl2 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:26 pm I think people are underestimating this guy. He appeals to sane pubs (even DC likes him, for instance), but also has a pretty solid mastery of the ethos (there's a better word that's escaping me) of the crazy/moronic pubs.

It won't matter. Unless and until Trump is off the board, the nomination is his if he wants it.

Even if enough influential conservatives (correctly) determine that Trump is entirely ineligible for the presidency under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment...then there's still no path in the general.

Trump is NOT dropping out; not only is winning reelection his only clear path to a federal pardon, but RUNNING for reelection is the grift that will keep (some of) his lawyers (partly) paid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

VGR's appeal is the old one: look, an ethnic minority running as a republican. They have friends who are fill in the blank. Won't vote for them though. VGR has mastered the grift grievance circuit like Herman Cain who is still dead despite not receiving an immunization for COVID.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:40 pm VGR's appeal is the old one: look, an ethnic minority running as a republican. They have friends who are fill in the blank. Won't vote for them though. VGR has mastered the grift grievance circuit like Herman Cain who is still dead despite not receiving an immunization for COVID.
^^^

Ha ha!

Cogent!
Derek Cressman
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:40 pm VGR's appeal is the old one: look, an ethnic minority running as a republican. They have friends who are fill in the blank. Won't vote for them though. VGR has mastered the grift grievance circuit like Herman Cain who is still dead despite not receiving an immunization for COVID.
This is, typically, condescending and offensive.

Gross -- and, frankly, ignorant.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:25 pm
This is, typically, condescending and offensive.

Gross -- and, frankly, ignorant.
Funny how that line of thinking was no-brained racist when Obama was running. Weird.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:57 pm

It won't matter. Unless and until Trump is off the board, the nomination is his if he wants it.

Even if enough influential conservatives (correctly) determine that Trump is entirely ineligible for the presidency under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment...then there's still no path in the general.

Trump is NOT dropping out; not only is winning reelection his only clear path to a federal pardon, but RUNNING for reelection is the grift that will keep (some of) his lawyers (partly) paid.
Trump is going to be hit very ineffectively by the likes of Christie and Pence.

However, he's going to get effectively hit exactly like this.

1) Nobody 80 or older should ever be president, period.
3) Trump was a very good president prior to Covid. However, he miserably failed the biggest leadership test of his presidency -- Covid -- and we are all still paying for that. Including effectively handing his presidency over to Fauci-Birx, who did generational damage to America.
5) Operation Warp Speed was a cosmic failure that injured/killed more people than it helped, for which Trump has not only shown zero remorse but remains proud of funding Big Pharma to poison us.
6) The only public health department on this continent to tell any truth about the poison poke whatsoever is Florida's under the direction of DeSantis. And he has even convened a grand jury to investigate the extent of the fraud/damage done. No other elected figure in America has told more truth about Trump's experimental genetic serum than DeSantis has.
Yeah, that's for Desantis... But I think pubs will go for Vivek over Ron when they start hearing them.

An aside, I was forced to listen to that guy (Deace) on the radio at my first job.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:58 pm What world am I living in? I don't know if I was supposed to laugh, cry, puke, or be impressed. I did/was none of those during and after watching the video.

Derek Cressman