Another mass shooting

Ugh.
Deleted User 89

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:58 am Negativity sells. The news sucks....no matter the platform
^^^^
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

Overlander wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:08 am I think you have a fixation on all things negative. A need to be upset, mad, scared.

Of course, I am not a professional on the subject, just a casual observer of your posts over the past 10 years.

Try avoiding news for a week...see if you feel differently. I haven't watched a news show in 15 years...and I dont plan to start.
I don't/won't dispute your analysis but as I have told many people.... My turning off the "news" and staying off social media doesn't prevent me from witnessing things in person first hand.
Of course my words on here make me come off as being "upset" (I am often very upset with the negative things happening in this city), "mad" (I am often very mad with the negatives things that happen in this city) and "scared" (I am NOT often scared) but when my 87 year old mother has a target on her back the size of the Grand Canyon I admit I am scared for her well being. She went out to dinner with friends last night. One of her friends drove. They were near the Loop where the insanity ensued.

Anyways, I am currently up on my rooftop, watching basketball on my computer, enjoying the day.
It's ALL good.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

You don't witness any more horrible situations that most of us.

Which is barely any.

You make it sound like you are a combat reporter in 90s Iraq.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Deleted User 880

Overlander wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:01 pm You don't witness any more horrible situations that most of us.

Which is barely any.

"Most"? I beg to differ. I'm confident I have witnessed more "horrible situations" than 75%+ of those who post on here.
You very well may be in the other 25% but TO ME, what I have witnessed is plenty. Too much.
I make it sound like..... what it is.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MJ23 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:52 pm
Overlander wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:01 pm You don't witness any more horrible situations that most of us.

Which is barely any.

"Most"? I beg to differ. I'm confident I have witnessed more "horrible situations" than 75%+ of those who post on here.
You very well may be in the other 25% but TO ME, what I have witnessed is plenty. Too much.
It is really difficult to made an assessment of your experiences....since you have so many.

You were definitely more fun when you were lifting Google pics of hot women and claiming to be in a "relationship" with.

"What do you think guys? Should I pop the question"?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Deleted User 880

Overlander wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:56 pm
MJ23 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:52 pm

Which is barely any.

It is really difficult to made an assessment of your experiences....since you have so many.

You were definitely more fun when you were lifting Google pics of hot women and claiming to be in a "relationship" with.

"What do you think guys? Should I pop the question"?
Moving on.....
What has been your beverage of choice today?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Water. You?
Deleted User 880

Mostly water. I consumed a bottle of "Sparkling Ice" (Black Raspberry) and I drank a cup of coffee this morning.
It's been a hot one. Trying to stay hydrated.
Enjoy your evening!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Gotta drive to the airport to pick up Mrs 99 and the kid. Iced tea, unsweetened for me.
Broham
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:58 am Negativity sells. The news sucks....no matter the platform
The news is fine when that's what it actually is. Every network at times simply provides some true news. The biased commentary of the news as well as the selective framing and presentation of what news to present is what sucks.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:59 pm Gotta drive to the airport to pick up Mrs 99 and the kid. Iced tea, unsweetened for me.
I drink at least a gallon usually 2 of unsweetened ice tea a week. My wife thinks I'm weird. But, i grew up in Kansas, she didnt. Seems to be a Kansas thing with the sweet version taking over the farther south/east you go from there.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:04 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:59 pm Gotta drive to the airport to pick up Mrs 99 and the kid. Iced tea, unsweetened for me.
I drink at least a gallon usually 2 of unsweetened ice tea a week. My wife thinks I'm weird. But, i grew up in Kansas, she didnt. Seems to be a Kansas thing with the sweet version taking over the farther south/east you go from there.
I go through a half a gallon a day. The sweet stuff they serve here is like pancake syrup.
Broham
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Once I discovered the Arnold Palmer (as the name of the drink) that’s my go-to iced-tea drink. I just have some trouble saying the name out loud in the restaurant- it’s somewhat of a tongue twister for me
Deleted User 880

I can't help but think if I were to go to the Urban Dictionary and look up the definition of Arnold Palmer, it wouldn't be a golfer or a refreshing beverage.

P.S. Early this morning it wasn't a "mass" shooting but a woman was shot next door to the restaurant my mother dined in the previous evening. 6 blocks west on the street I live on.
No, I didn't witness it but my cousin who lives a block away witnessed the aftermath.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JFC
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:33 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:04 pm
I go through a half a gallon a day. The sweet stuff they serve here is like pancake syrup.
Same here in Texas. Its a bit sweet when you take a sip and make a "shot of bourbon" face.
Deleted User 880

Overlander wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:46 amJFC
Seriously - in regards to this, you can go fuck yourself.
What you may care about I might not give a fuck about too but at least I'm not going to be an asshole to you about it if you tell me how much it affects you.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

You cannot possibly be personally connected to EVERY shooting in Chicago.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it seems that the overlander has made the conscious decision to try and “out internet asshole” cascadia. This should be entertaining.

cascadia is a tried and true proven internet adshole. overlander is an up and comer in the internet asshole genre.

This should be entertaining.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

MJ23 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:49 am
Overlander wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:46 amJFC
Seriously - in regards to this, you can go fuck yourself.
What you may care about I might not give a fuck about too but at least I'm not going to be an asshole to you about it if you tell me how much it affects you.
i think Overlander’s point was that it isn’t healthy to focus on all the bad shit that happens around you

SLC has its fair share of murders and crime (two separate drive-by shootings yesterday), but i don’t let it impact me...it doesn't directly effect me, so why should it bother me (beyond the baseline “bother” from people dying senselessly across the country and globe)