GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by twocoach »

I think KU will land this Brandon McKissic grad transfer from UMKC and TyTy Washington and call it a summer.

Add them to the incoming class of Zach Clemence, KJ Adams and the JUCO beast Sidney Curry and Self has added size, length, shooting and a better true PG. Looks good.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

twocoach wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:14 am I think KU will land this Brandon McKissic grad transfer from UMKC and TyTy Washington and call it a summer.

Add them to the incoming class of Zach Clemence, KJ Adams and the JUCO beast Sidney Curry and Self has added size, length, shooting and a better true PG. Looks good.
Yes--I like the sound of of that.

G
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

TGF was a JUCO POY. I will keep my expects in check regarding this Curry youngster.
Last edited by MICHHAWK on Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:43 pm TGF was a JUCO POY. I was keep my expects in check regarding this Curry youngster.
Was keep my expects.......
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

we can only hope Curry will get pushed around less than our 6th year senior
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Curry is probably the least important of all the recruits, committed or considering, in terms of next season's success. At worst he's front court depth, at best he becomes a poor man's Larry Johnson...who also was a Juco.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:48 pm Curry is probably the least important of all the recruits, committed or considering, in terms of next season's success. At worst he's front court depth, at best he becomes a poor man's Larry Johnson...who also was a Juco.
I can't say I agree. Of course, depends on attrition.

Curry should immediately compete for backup 5 minutes. If Enaruna stays, Clemence then Adams are decidedly behind Wilson and Enaruna.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:17 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:48 pm Curry is probably the least important of all the recruits, committed or considering, in terms of next season's success. At worst he's front court depth, at best he becomes a poor man's Larry Johnson...who also was a Juco.
I can't say I agree. Of course, depends on attrition.

Curry should immediately compete for backup 5 minutes. If Enaruna stays, Clemence then Adams are decidedly behind Wilson and Enaruna.
Obviously McMack is the 5. Mitch is coming back, and I'd imagine Clemence plays both the 4 and 5.

To me, our yet to declare PGs and Clemence's ability to play stretch 4 are going to be the biggest chances for improvement.

If curry beats out mitch that's great, but we NEED a PG. And clemenceand afams are our option to stay big without changing our offense.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don’t see any reason why the freshmen are anywhere near Enaruna for playing time.

Curry on the other hand fills a hole we actually had this year. De Sousa’s spot essentially.

We might agree on that and are just trying to say different things.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I would expect Washington (if he signed with KU) to get more minutes than Enaruna. And if Clemence can shoot better from three than Enaruna then he would, too.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:27 am I would expect Washington (if he signed with KU) to get more minutes than Enaruna. And if Clemence can shoot better from three than Enaruna then he would, too.
I will be the last person to jump ship on Enaruna. It sure seems to me that there is a lot of skill overlap between Clemence and Enaruna. You'd think that the guy who's been here for two years would have a major leg up.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Clemence a better shot though from what I've seen in the limited videos I've watched. Enaruna is a physical freak, but his offensive skill set lacks behind Clemence it seems.

Clemence is like a perfect stretch 4. Adams is a a perfect stretch 5. Big enough to battle, but can't shoot well enough to play on perimeter all the time.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I would just assume that the freshmen will be at freshmen level development. Especially Adams who looks like a very raw 3/4 tweener.

As far as the 5 spot, it just looks like Curry is mature enough to go Dedric Lawson on Mitch and either Clemence or Adams.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:29 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:27 am I would expect Washington (if he signed with KU) to get more minutes than Enaruna. And if Clemence can shoot better from three than Enaruna then he would, too.
I will be the last person to jump ship on Enaruna. It sure seems to me that there is a lot of skill overlap between Clemence and Enaruna. You'd think that the guy who's been here for two years would have a major leg up.
They could have all the same physical tools, and if he stays I'm sure Enaruna would have the upper hand initially. But as has been the case with him since he got on campus, can he stay out of his own way? How many of his mistakes are mental over physical? IMO, he's the exact opposite of TGF. TGF is out there trying to do too much in his limited minutes, whereas a lot of times it looks like Tristan doesn't know what he should be doing. Skill overlap at a position all comes down to who has the better BBIQ. I haven't seen Clemence play outside of a few highlight videos lasting a total of 5 minutes, but if someone told me his BBIQ and feel were miles ahead of Tristan's, I'd believe them.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NDballer13 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:02 pm
They could have all the same physical tools, and if he stays I'm sure Enaruna would have the upper hand initially. But as has been the case with him since he got on campus, can he stay out of his own way? How many of his mistakes are mental over physical? IMO, he's the exact opposite of TGF. TGF is out there trying to do too much in his limited minutes, whereas a lot of times it looks like Tristan doesn't know what he should be doing. Skill overlap at a position all comes down to who has the better BBIQ. I haven't seen Clemence play outside of a few highlight videos lasting a total of 5 minutes, but if someone told me his BBIQ and feel were miles ahead of Tristan's, I'd believe them.
The prep academies aren't teaching players how to run offense. It's just a bunch of pick and roll or use athleticism/BS tactics to try and draw a foul. It has affected the NBA's style negatively for at least 5 years now, too.

Players are more talented/athletic than ever, but running effective offense is a challenge. Just ask Duke and UK.

All of that is to say that it is not a huge surprise to me that Braun was so ready to play within the offense coming from a good HS coach at BVNW and Enaruna looks completely lost.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:11 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:02 pm

The prep academies aren't teaching players how to run offense. It's just a bunch of pick and roll or use athleticism/BS tactics to try and draw a foul. It has affected the NBA's style negatively for at least 5 years now, too.

Players are more talented/athletic than ever, but running effective offense is a challenge. Just ask Duke and UK.

All of that is to say that it is not a huge surprise to me that Braun was so ready to play within the offense coming from a good HS coach at BVNW and Enaruna looks completely lost.
Cal is as guilty as anyone--that "dribble drive" farce wasn't the Princeton backdoor weave.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Wonder why? I heard he was going to send Braun to the bench next year because of all his "upside".
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:19 pm Agree with Shay.

https://twitter.com/JayhawkSlant/status ... 36867?s=20
Sure going to be fun watching all the cool high school kids and transfers completely ignore us, because there's no way of knowing if we'll be tournament-eligible.

Shit, we can't even offer solid assurances on who will be coaching!