COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Grandma wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:49 am
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:25 am why would you not wear a mask when out in public, gutter?

i get that you were outside, and 10+ feet away from people, but still...

did you have a mask with you?

what if circumstances would have changed rapidly, and you would’ve been forced inside, or in close contact with others?

given your [well-founded] tirades about inconsiderate people as they relate to your mom, you come off as a bit hypocritical

heard a new term for the mask-less...maskholes
Yes, I have a mask with me at all times. I am 100% respectful of "rules" and "regulations" and have no problem abiding by them.

If I am outdoors, I ALWAYS wear a mask if/when I am within 10 feet of people. Obviously I can't control other people and how close they choose to be next to me but I try MY best to keep a "safe distance" from others.

I choose not to wear one when I am outside and a "safe distance" from others for two main reasons.
1st one is, I have breathing "issues". I have not been diagnosed but I am pretty sure I have a touch of emphysema - and I think being overweight and probably having a bad heart have something to do with it too. I don't care what anyone else says, I have a more difficult time breathing when I am wearing a mask.
2nd one is totally vain but I like to be in the sun. If I am in the sun and wearing a mask -

I find ZERO fault in what others choose to do in terms of wearing or not wearing a mask when they are outside and a "safe distance" away.

I find a TON of fault in what others choose to do in terms of NOT wearing a mask when they are within close proximity of others. Indoors or outdoors.
thanks for the response. i wasn’t necessarily trying to call you out, as much as i was seeking something clarification

the only time i’m “in public” without a mask (in my car doesn’t count) is when i take the dogs hiking...but, i’m not sure that would even be considered a “public” space. in the canyons, on hiking trails where i might cross paths with two or three other hikes doing the same.

several weeks ago we drove up into the Uintas for an extended hike, and there were a handful of people in masks while hiking. not sure i could do that given the breathing restriction coupled with hiking at altitude. one thing i’ve definitely noticed is that most every hiker gives a wide birth when passing, if not stepping off the trail altogether
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Uh. What?
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

sdoyel wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:09 pm Uh. What?
From the "you can't test, because that means more positive cases" school of thought.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So a coworker is getting hitched in a couple weeks, and has had it scheduled since before anyone even knew what Covid was.

They were back and forth about plans and decided ultimately to go through with some in-person ceremony with out-of-state guests.

They announced today that they finally sent out the big looming email that says, “we’re just a couple weeks out, so we expect you guys to all lay low, try not to be in any social situation, ideally just don’t leave your house and isolate til you get here, cuz we don’t want you to be the asshole who ruins it!”

(Signed, the assholes who still insist upon their destination wedding during a pandemic...)
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

that loss of life is acceptable to the majority of pubs
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

pdubs is in favor of genocide? Makes sense.
Deleted User 89

nearly 1200 cases here today

sigh...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sorry, I'm not down with app/location driven contact tracing.
I am down with covid tests.

My brother flies up here in just over a week.
He'll take a test a couple days before he flies and we'll hope that in transit that he doesn't get it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, it’s pretty mind boggling that widespread testing isn’t expected by now, or even more popular among Mericans
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

sdoyel wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:09 pm Uh. What?
My assumption based solely on his threats towards other groups/cities is that Trump threatened to shut off their funding if they didn't.
Deleted User 89

https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/woman-tas ... =applenews

i laughed

she was asked to comply, didn’t. she was asked to leave, didn’t. she was told what the ramifications would be, and still persisted. this is why we can’t have nice things.

fucking idiot

great example to set for her kids
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Law and Order.
Deleted User 89

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

My grade-schooler got sent home today, some kid in her class tested positive over the weekend. She cannot get tested without symptoms.

Great country we've got here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What if you just tell the doc, yeah she’s got a runny nose?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:12 am What if you just tell the doc, yeah she’s got a runny nose?
I get it (and that was Mrs. Fish's first thought). But obviously that means someone else isn't getting tested. We are healthy and have no preexisting conditions in the nature of the ones that seem problematic, and we are not healthcare workers. I wouldn't feel great about lying to get a healthy, asymptomatic kid tested.
Deleted User 89

the fact that you still must have symptoms to get tested, at this point in time, is a fucking joke...and a travesty
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:52 am the fact that you still must have symptoms to get tested, at this point in time, is a fucking joke...and a travesty
Not to mention, incredibly harmful educationally and economically. We're forced to use stupid, blunt instruments (send 20 kids home for two weeks), all because the dumbfuck in charge wanted to keep numbers low in March.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't know about the complexity/difficulty of this but this was suggested to me as an option for testing:

https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing