COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:55 am I don't know about the complexity/difficulty of this but this was suggested to me as an option for testing:

https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing
The guppy fails the minimum age requirement. But thank you.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

We ran into the same problem when going through my daughter's doctor and the COVID hotline - then called an ER Dr friend and she pointed us to a number to call, and we were able to get a test and results that day.

I don't think I can help on that since that was specific to our locale, but, do you have any doctor friends?

Oh wait, you're a lawyer...
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The doctor friends couldn’t help.

Another lawyer suggested I call a particular county office, and that worked. Test tomorrow.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Vaccine Chaos Is Looming

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... er/616521/

with the issues we saw surrounding just PPE, i don’t see any way this can go smoothly (presuming either candidate vaccine is both safe and effective)
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:16 pm Vaccine Chaos Is Looming

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... er/616521/

with the issues we saw surrounding just PPE, i don’t see any way this can go smoothly (presuming either candidate vaccine is both safe and effective)
Among many bunnies Biden missed last night (the most obvious one was Herman Cain) was this: why should anyone believe Trump when he talks about being ready to roll out a vaccine, when he lied and overpromised repeatedly (and still fucking IS) about testing availability?
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

You speak out against vaccines, you get labeled as rooting against it. I think Biden did fine, and I think America is past testing as an issue. We blew it with testing, and most (undecided) people don't have the nuance to understand why that probably killed 50 9/11s worth of Americans. Now, we are just trying to still be able to go to a grocery store without dying.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I wish making actual points mattered.

Because a very good actual point would be:

"Mr. President, if what you're saying is true, then that is terrific news and the medical professionals should be applauded. And that work will benefit the American people regardless of who the people elect on November 3.

"Now, based on your administration's record on testing, who should the people trust to distribute that vaccine safely, efficiently and effectively?"
Deleted User 318

Post-Truth world. And with the GOP chalked full of sycophants, I just don't know how that changes. Yes, Trump (god willing) will be a private citizen at Noon on Jan 20, 2021, but he's leaving behind the Lindsey Grahams and Rand Pauls in his rearview. They'd rather sling poo than debate the actual topic.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NiceDC wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:07 am Post-Truth world. And with the GOP chalked full of sycophants, I just don't know how that changes. Yes, Trump (god willing) will be a private citizen at Noon on Jan 20, 2021, but he's leaving behind the Lindsey Grahams and Rand Pauls in his rearview. They'd rather sling poo than debate the actual topic.
Not so sure on Graham!

It will be interesting to see if the non-Democrats stay splintered for a cycle or two.
Deleted User 318

SC Dem voters like Biden, so Harrison might get some down-ballot help. I just wouldn't trust SC to do the right thing here. Trump is +5 to +10, and Graham is in MoE. I just don't know who is the SC Trump/Harrison voter in SC. Splitting tickets less common, and if you like Trump's antics, you probably like Graham's.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

mask mandate vs. lockdown

https://sltrib.com/news/2020/10/05/utah ... -cases-up/

500 hospitalizations over the past two weeks...the most since this shit began

13.6% positivity rate
Deleted User 318

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Looks like a two-man crew to carry a huge bong.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Reeeeeecola
Broham
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Got a notification that ICU beds in Omaha have gone from 85% capacity to 95% capacity in the last 2 days.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Impossible! Trump beat COVID 19
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:48 am Got a notification that ICU beds in Omaha have gone from 85% capacity to 95% capacity in the last 2 days.
Any idea how many beds that is?

Or if there was a local outbreak at a nursing home/assisted living facility?

When we have had big jumps it in ICU capacity in my county that is typically what has been the cause....otherwise we have pretty much had a steady rate of new daily infections for 2 or 3 months....basically a long plateau after lockdown was eased (we did see a good drop during the more strict lockdown period).
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:12 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:48 am Got a notification that ICU beds in Omaha have gone from 85% capacity to 95% capacity in the last 2 days.

When we have had big jumps it in ICU capacity in my county that is typically what has been the cause....otherwise we have pretty much had a steady rate of new daily infections for 2 or 3 months....basically a long plateau after lockdown was eased (we did see a good drop during the more strict lockdown period).
My wife's grandmother is 96 and in a care facility here in town so my mother in law regularly reviews case reports from those facilities. It wasn't that.

It's just an increase they are blaming on kids being back in school and people going out more to do things.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:04 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:12 am

My wife's grandmother is 96 and in a care facility here in town so my mother in law regularly reviews case reports from those facilities. It wasn't that.

It's just an increase they are blaming on kids being back in school and people going out more to do things.
I am assuming it is not the kids filling up the ICUs? More likely bringing it home to their older parents and grandparents?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Seeing A LOT more people not wearing masks recently.

Did I miss something?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.