Coffee talk.
Back2Lawrence

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Back2Lawrence »

4th time? Must be all the boosters.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

he should be the spokesman for the vaccine companies.

maybe they are injecting the booster with the virus. it's the only explanation.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Hahahahaha, I had, literally, before I posted that reply, ‘Mich says it’s all the boosters’, then modified before posting.

Oh that makes me laugh.
shindig

Post by shindig »

To my knowledge, I haven't had it, but I did feel pretty run down a few weeks ago, headache, tiredness, foggy head, etc. I don't have any newer tests, so I just stayed home and worked, I actually took a sick day, probably first since pre-Covid. Anyway, get well JFish.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It is no joke as a blood condition. It has inspired arthritis-like symptoms in various joints due to inflammation from my immune system going nuts. Localized though and definitely manageable so far
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:22 am do we think the demonrat gov's are going to lock us down in nov like they did in 2020. so we can't vote.
I voted in person in 2020 without issue.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Of course, because the post in question has no basis in fact.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sorry Fish - I hope you get and feel better soon!

As far as the vaccines, 98% of people who have unexplainable issues can blame it on the vaccines.
I have had cramping in my legs that I have never had. I have sleep issues that I never had. I feel weaker than I did pre-vaccine days. I can go on and on.
My guess is none of my issues are vaccine related - but I will never know for sure.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:55 pm Sorry Fish - I hope you get and feel better soon!

As far as the vaccines, 98% of people who have unexplainable issues can blame it on the vaccines.
I have had cramping in my legs that I have never had. I have sleep issues that I never had. I feel weaker than I did pre-vaccine days. I can go on and on.
My guess is none of my issues are vaccine related - but I will never know for sure.
Agreed. The majority of the change in my health in the last 4 years is that I work from home now and get far less exercise than I used to.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:44 pm Of course, because the post in question has no basis in fact.
i could’ve read this post in a vacuum and would’ve had ~95% chance of guessing correctly to whom you were referring
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I was reading about the outpatient treatment of Covid-19 this morning and ran across this statistic, published in the Journal of the American Academy of Family Physicians:

During the Omicron variant wave, the likelihood of hospitalization was three to four times lower in vaccinated patients, and the likelihood of death was five times lower on a per capita basis.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 6:42 am I was reading about the outpatient treatment of Covid-19 this morning and ran across this statistic, published in the Journal of the American Academy of Family Physicians:

During the Omicron variant wave, the likelihood of hospitalization was three to four times lower in vaccinated patients, and the likelihood of death was five times lower on a per capita basis.
It seems like 47 years ago, that we were fighting against the troglodytes who insisted that masks and vaccines don't work, because they don't prevent you from getting Covid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 6:47 am
Shirley wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 6:42 am I was reading about the outpatient treatment of Covid-19 this morning and ran across this statistic, published in the Journal of the American Academy of Family Physicians:

It seems like 47 years ago, that we were fighting against the troglodytes who insisted that masks and vaccines don't work, because they don't prevent you from getting Covid.
I'm being 100% serious when I say this.
If some of my current health issues can be attributed to my receiving the vaccine/s, I probably wouldn't have chosen to get the vaccine/s. I can't be alone in that thinking - and I don't feel I am wrong or others would be wrong to feel the same way.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Trump weaponized the pandemic because his response was so incompetent initially, and he saw it as a political threat. He then tried to minimize the threat, and because of the decades-old campaign by Republicans against intellectualism, experts, science, and facts, his cult was ready to believe anything he told them. That made it easy for ignorant people like Randy and my high school dropout younger siblings, as well as non-ignorant people like Psych, who unfortunately allow their ideology to render him ignorant, to become instant public health and infectious disease experts. It's estimated that ~ 400,000 Americans needlessly died as a result of Trump's incompetence. Yet, his cult still holds tightly to the lies he told them, because they're too small and their self-concept too fragile, to admit they were wrong.

And because of that, Gawd help us the next time we're faced with a pandemic that's spread by airborne transmission. Depending on the agent, the refusal of a significant percentage of the American public to take the most rudimentary precautions could easily cause even greater morbidity and mortality.
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:00 am

I'm being 100% serious when I say this.
If some of my current health issues can be attributed to my receiving the vaccine/s, I probably wouldn't have chosen to get the vaccine/s. I can't be alone in that thinking - and I don't feel I am wrong or others would be wrong to feel the same way.
Sorry about your health challenges Gutter.

Vaccines, like all medications, are poisons with desirable side effects. Prescribing any medication, including a vaccine, is always a benefits vs risks scenario. Based on the data available so far, there appear to be very tangible benefits to being vaccinated against Covid, and although it's not likely your problems are related to the vaccine based on what we know, no one can tell you with 100% certainty that they aren't. I hope your problems improve.
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

The American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) has revoked the board certification of two physicians involved in the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC).

An ABIM spokesperson confirmed to MedPage Today that Paul Marik, MD, and Pierre Kory, MD, had their certifications revoked as of August 8.

Marik and Kory previously had certifications in internal medicine and critical care medicine, and Kory additionally held a certification in pulmonary disease.

The ABIM spokesperson said the organization "does not comment publicly on the reasons for the revocation of certification," but the FLCCC had previously stated that the action was taken because of the doctors' "public endorsements of early treatment methods for COVID-19, their discussions on repurposed medications, and their critique of vaccine risks and harms."

That lawsuit was filed on the same day that the Journal of Intensive Care Medicine retracted an article that Marik co-authored on his MATH+ Hospital Treatment Protocol for COVID, which included ivermectin.

[...]
Derek Cressman
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

No comments on Giggles’ assertion today that 220 million Americans died of COVID?!?

I had no idea that 2 out of every 3 people in the U.S. died. I don’t know how I failed to notice!

Thank goodness we have such a scary smart individual in charge to learn us what we need to know!
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:19 pm No comments on Giggles’ assertion today that 220 million Americans died of COVID?!?

I had no idea that 2 out of every 3 people in the U.S. died. I don’t know how I failed to notice!

Thank goodness we have such a scary smart individual in charge to learn us what we need to know!
Wait. DO accuracy and facts matter now? I can't keep up.
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:23 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:19 pm No comments on Giggles’ assertion today that 220 million Americans died of COVID?!?

Apparently not.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:30 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:23 pm

Apparently not.
BINGO!!!!

"Apparently not".

I'm skipping the JFK and giving you a JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!
Her "assertion" "TODAY"?
I'm an idiot JKL. You and your ignorance continue to make me come off as being smarter than you. Let that sink in.