COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
twocoach

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:31 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:29 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:27 pm

That is awesome...i do wonder though, how many students with it go unnoticed because they are asymptomatic? It isn't like the kids who feel fine are getting tested unless they have known exposure to a person who tests positive.

My county is up above 9% positivity rate, and they said no school until below 5%....but they have apparently abandoned that.
How many of us have had it and not realized. I'm kind of getting to the point to where if it happens, it just happens. I'm still taking precautions, not going out as much, wearing a mask, etc. But it's also so hidden among us that we don't know who has had it and who hasn't really.
Totally true.

Guy i golf with had it and never even knew. Wouldn't have ever known other than he trains youth baseball players and had to get tested because 1 of them ended up with it....when he got tested they said he was positive but that they think he had it months ago and was asymptomatic (how they came to that conclusion i do not know, i am assuming his levels were really low).
He still tested positive months after he had it? OK.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:34 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:31 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:29 pm

How many of us have had it and not realized. I'm kind of getting to the point to where if it happens, it just happens. I'm still taking precautions, not going out as much, wearing a mask, etc. But it's also so hidden among us that we don't know who has had it and who hasn't really.
Totally true.

Guy i golf with had it and never even knew. Wouldn't have ever known other than he trains youth baseball players and had to get tested because 1 of them ended up with it....when he got tested they said he was positive but that they think he had it months ago and was asymptomatic (how they came to that conclusion i do not know, i am assuming his levels were really low).
He still tested positive months after he had it? OK.
That is what he said. I have no reason to believe he would lie....apparently (according to him) his doctor said they are seeing some of the asymptomatic people test positive for up to a few months after the original infection.

I also didn't ask which test he took so i guess maybe it is possible he took the test for antibodies? No idea. He is a grown man so i didn't question him on it LOL.
dolomite2

Post by dolomite2 »

Since it is the opinion of many that Trump botched the response to the Covid pandemic here in the U.S, I’m wondering who botched the response in Europe(France, Israel et.al.) where there has been another surge of infections. Seems odd that we are up to our necks now in sanitizer and masks (stacks abound in most of the stores(in Idaho), yet we are witnessing the most cases ever. I’m thinking we have a long way to go before this virus is eliminated(if ever) especially when only fifty percent of the population may be willing to get a vaccine. Maybe there will be a cure for it like the bubonic plague(which is still with us). One can wish.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

how about you explain to us why the US has been hit harder than any other developed country?

why does the US have a higher per capita death rate than just about any other country worldwide?

when looking at all the numbers and metrics, why is the US comparable to the likes of india, brazil, etc.? (rather than france, italy, spain, u.k., etc)

why do you think your boy has done such a good job?
dolomite2

Post by dolomite2 »

Not sayin’ he has done a good job handling the virus. According to worldometer.com the U.S. is 8th or 9th in Covid deaths per million population. Nothing to brag about.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:12 pm It makes perfect sense. We as civilized human beings require some semblance of normalcy.

We can’t be all on normal. But we can take precautions and let ourselves, and the children, enjoy some parts of normal.

We need it. We require it.
"Perfect sense"?
They kept the school/s CLOSED while the "spread" and "positive cases" were NOT rising but then opened them when they are rising. BIG TIME rising.
On Saturday the state of Indiana had 2,500 reported NEW cases. That's the highest daily number since the start of the pandemic. I know, I know, "they are testing more so the numbers are higher". Eye roll.
It makes "perfect sense" to you - to open the schools when things are WORSE and not better?

Yes, I agree with you 100% that "we as civilized human beings require some semblance of normalcy".
I'm all for kids and schools returning to normal.
Just not when the state they are in is going BACKWARDS in terms of dealing with the virus.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Did the ‘Rona get him?

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

he’s watching the new biden video
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Winter is coming.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Contact tracing has wrapped this guy up. Getting a test Monday morning. Good thing I have followed social distancing and wearing masks and hand hygiene.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:44 pm Contact tracing has wrapped this guy up. Getting a test Monday morning. Good thing I have followed social distancing and wearing masks and hand hygiene.
Yow--good luck. You've done everything you can do at least, and have kept others safe too.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Wow. Good luck, Newton.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Just got blown up with a group text from a cousin inviting the whole extended family over for thanksgiving.

Do I offer the fam a friendly reminder that there’s still a pandemic going on, and this is exactly the type of super spreader event we’re supposed to avoid?
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

If I was forced to go, it would be difficult for me not to be an asshole and continuously cough withOUT a mask on and make sure projectile saliva flies all over the place.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

damnit gutter!

the only food you’re allowed to have at thanksgiving dinner shall be candy corn.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So the “third wave” is the biggest yet...
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'd politely decline. I say this as our daughter is making plans to spend T-Day here.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If I had to attend a thanksgiving this year, the only way I’d attend is if I got to bring a wuhan-style bat dish to share.

Extra spicy!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Maine on the news this morning for their low COVID infection rate.

1% positivity for population of 1.3 million compared to North Dakota’s 13% for their 750,000.