Chiefs 2023

Kansas Football.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Chiefs 2023

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:36 am I'm hoping some good can come from this whole Taylor Swift thing and the Swiftie army can rise up and get Cheffers fired.

Kelce:
"It's ignorance, the ref number 51 shouldn't be able to wear a zebra jersey ever again, he shouldn't even be able to work at fucking Foot Locker."
It just blows my mind how much we leave up to chance and whim in the NFL. Cheffers’ explanation that Toney’s offsides was too egregious to deserve even a warning…is not the level of discretion the refs should have over something like this.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Cheffers is tainted in some way. Malign intent at least.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RGIII:

"An Offsides call erased a one of the more creative impromptu plays we have ever seen. A lateral by Travis Kelce on the same day the man who gave us the Music City Miracle, Frank Wycheck, passed away. Instead of that memory, we are left with more officiating inconsistencies."
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

But but but. Invisible line.

Buffalo players knew it was BS. They looked like kids whose dad fixed the sack race. No animus towards Buffalo at all
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:48 am No animus towards Buffalo at all
No, not for that call.
But maybe some for letting Von Miller play after it was revealed he choked out his pregnant girlfriend.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There is no advantage for a WR. So you call that. Now if he had tackled the safety while the ball is in the air, that is a no call
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:56 am
Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:48 am No animus towards Buffalo at all
No, not for that call.
But maybe some for letting Von Miller play after it was revealed he choked out his pregnant girlfriend.
On video. And the rest situation. The NFL looks like an organized crime syndicate.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Buffalo Bills have been the most luckless, heartbreak-prone good team in the NFL. But the Kansas City Chiefs have surpassed them as victims of the fussiest, pettiest, most paltry and joy-curdling penalty you ever saw. A shoe size was the margin that the Chiefs lost to the Bills by Sunday, on a bureaucratic offside call that negated so much splendid fun.

There was classic written all over this meeting until that stingy moment. It was a high-stakes confrontation with postseason implications featuring the league’s most magnetic quarterbacks, Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes, both of them tougher than field stubble. It was all ready to be posterized at Arrowhead Stadium, where the fervent crowd lurched upward in its imperium red against the big sky, when tight end Travis Kelce caught that 25-yard fling from Mahomes and, with an audacity that grabbed the breath right out of your throat, threw a zip-line of a lateral across the field to wide receiver Kadarius Toney, who danced into the end zone. “A legendary moment, man,” Mahomes said.

And then all the classic-ness was leached out of the picture with that yellow flag. It didn’t just deprive the Chiefs of an all-time great play but inevitably took your admiring eye off the Bills and that slithering Allen, too, in their restorative 20-17 victory.

Stop the replay. Yes, there is Toney’s shoe, and he’s leaning forward into the neutral zone. It was such a mindless mistake. As even Mahomes admitted, you’re taught how to line up in “elementary school.” But there was fault, too, in the apparatchik who threw that swath of yellow. Toney’s transgression couldn’t have affected the play — or any play — in the slightest. When is the last time you saw somebody call offensive offside? It almost never happens because, generally and quite reasonably, good officials issue a caution...
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Thanks, Trad. The curse of the 1985 world series.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I had no idea that “offside-offense” even existed
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Neither did anyone else. Never saw it called before and suspect it is a dead ball foul. Toney asked line judge for valid alignment too apparently.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:27 pm Neither did anyone else. Never saw it called before and suspect it is a dead ball foul. Toney asked line judge for valid alignment too apparently.
I thought I’d seen that the refs have said that Toney did not ask. If he did ask, then I feel differently about this whole thing.

I thought the same thing about whether it’s a dead-ball foul, but then I considered illegal formation - don’t they let those plays play out before assessing the penalty?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Overlander wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:15 pm I had no idea that “offside-offense” even existed
Because players are usually smart enough to get themselves lined up right. This was the first time that it has ever been called against an Andy Reid coached NFL team.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:27 pm Neither did anyone else. Never saw it called before and suspect it is a dead ball foul. Toney asked line judge for valid alignment too apparently.
I read that is has been called 13 times this season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I've never seen it called before.
Or at least not that I recall.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Oh, and video replay shows that Von Miller was NOT offsides on the next play. People are assuming he is based off of a screen shot from a weird angle.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

He jumped across the line early in real time. Looks like Twocoach is on a mission. They could have called OPI. Or holding. Or illegal formation. Or they could let the teams play. It is when you call or don't call penalties. I for one am glad they have chosen not to enforce rules at crunch time when it benefited the other team. And vice versa
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Put in perspective, I have seen "not enough men on the LOS" called 1000s of time. The Chiefs penalties and turnover rate are actually their biggest problem this year. Rice has broken Hill's rookie record. There have been way too many drive ending penalties. The rate is higher than other contenders by far.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

The real problem is that the Chiefs can't score 3 touchdowns on their home court. Take care of bidness and you don't need to worry about last minute flags.
Defense. Rebounds.