Chiefs 2023

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Chiefs 2023

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:41 pm
Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:27 pm Neither did anyone else. Never saw it called before and suspect it is a dead ball foul. Toney asked line judge for valid alignment too apparently.
I thought I’d seen that the refs have said that Toney did not ask. If he did ask, then I feel differently about this whole thing.

I thought the same thing about whether it’s a dead-ball foul, but then I considered illegal formation - don’t they let those plays play out before assessing the penalty?
This looks very much like he checked in ( quickly but enough to not justify their call ):

https://twitter.com/MichaelMUSEA/status ... 3039787241
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:37 pm
Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:27 pm Neither did anyone else. Never saw it called before and suspect it is a dead ball foul. Toney asked line judge for valid alignment too apparently.
I thought I’d seen that the refs have said that Toney did not ask. If he did ask, then I feel differently about this whole thing.

I thought the same thing about whether it’s a dead-ball foul, but then I considered illegal formation - don’t they let those plays play out before assessing the penalty?
This looks very much like he checked in ( quickly but enough to not justify their call ):

Not a criticism of you at all - I think we can see whatever we want to in that (to me) blurry video. But if there is clearer video available that shows what this appears to show, then yes my feelings about this would go from "extreme annoyance" to "ya fucked up."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Andy Reid said that he did not.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/390 ... icial-flag

Asked what his coaching advice to Toney would be this week, Reid said, "Normally he looks over to the sideline and just gets an OK [from the official]. On that one he just happened not to. Just make sure you check, make sure you check with the guy on the side just to see if you're aligned ... He was 2 inches away from or an inch from being legal.''
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Looking at the rules, it is said to be a post warning infraction. But Bills fans are basically flashing canines and flinging poop everywhere. 99.99999 percent of offsides involves beating the snap. Usually these are dead balls due to alignment. Weird doings. You don't want the obsessive compulsive chef determining outcomes. It was just a farce yesterday. Chutes and ladders with the rich kid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

And Reid said something different to other reporters. The end result of this will be a yellow storm of flags. Season might be over.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm And Reid said something different to other reporters. The end result of this will be a yellow storm of flags. Season might be over.
I mean, Cris Collinsworth has cost us something like ten penalties already by going on a meritless rant about Taylor during the Lions game.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm And Reid said something different to other reporters. The end result of this will be a yellow storm of flags. Season might be over.
Based on the video from PDub, he did a token point to the sideline but paid zero attention to it and likely never made any sort of eye contact with the ref at all.

My guess is that the number of penalties a game that the Chiefs get called for will not increase whatsoever. Frankly, they had better decrease it themselves by being more attentive to details or their season is over.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

You can call holding on every play. Chiefs well lead the league there. There have been teams just gutted by flags throughout the NFL's history. Our turn. It just isn't the happy little tow boat thing. You have to call them out though. Self is a master at it.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:09 pm You can call holding on every play. Chiefs well lead the league there. There have been teams just gutted by flags throughout the NFL's history. Our turn. It just isn't the happy little tow boat thing.
I thought a radio caller I heard a little bit ago got it right: Mahomes' mistake was in not going apeshit after the no-call on MVS last week.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:11 pm
Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:09 pm You can call holding on every play. Chiefs well lead the league there. There have been teams just gutted by flags throughout the NFL's history. Our turn. It just isn't the happy little tow boat thing.
I thought a radio caller I heard a little bit ago got it right: Mahomes' mistake was in not going apeshit after the no-call on MVS last week.
Yep
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Reminds me a bit of several years ago returning from a game at the United Center and arriving at my building.
Free parking AFTER midnight until 8:00am. Have to pay BEFORE midnight. 11:48pm and I see a guy writing tickets.
I ask - "Am I cool or do I need to sit in my car until midnight". His response, "You're cool".
Next morning I go to my car - I had a parking ticket.
Moral of both stories, if you are breaking the law/rules, even if the authority says you're cool - don't trust the authority.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Or trust Vegas. Weird doings across the league
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Dan Orlovsky had a really interesting breakdown of other snaps and saw that Toney lined up offsides nearly a half dozen times throughout the game. He never once checked with the refs on his alignment, was never warned by those refs directly (at least that has been reported) and was never called for it until the last play. Maybe the Bills coaches alerted them to it.

Or maybe my premise has been right all along that refs just fucking suck at their jobs in all sports at all levels because they are inconsistent, poorly trained, egotistical and unreliable.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The frustrating thing to me is just how irrelevant these alignment calls are anyway. The game is dangerous and you allow a full speed already negated play to unfold? The rules aren't cut and dried on it. It is clear that encroachment is a defensive penalty to keep them from cheating up for leverage, but here the remedy should be a warning or ignore it. The most exciting play of the season was Cheffered. Like he has done to the Chiefs many times. Fischer's holding call which gave Pittsburgh a win. The strip sack "roughing" call on Jones. He likes to ruin games. Cannot let a team within 9-points around him. If you can ever get there.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Titan Up, Bitches. You’re welcome Chiefs Land.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Sorry to post that in Chiefs thread, but it’s Chiefs appropriate based on playoff rankings, and that’s the most joy my team is going to give me this year, so I was excited.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:09 pm Dan Orlovsky had a really interesting breakdown of other snaps and saw that Toney lined up offsides nearly a half dozen times throughout the game.
Orlovsky showed that it was 4 total times.

....but "nearly a half dozen" does sound better for the purposes of your mission.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:14 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:09 pm Dan Orlovsky had a really interesting breakdown of other snaps and saw that Toney lined up offsides nearly a half dozen times throughout the game.

....but "nearly a half dozen" does sound better for the purposes of your mission.
He didn't show it was 4 total times. He showed 3 other times - and he specifically SAID it was 3, 4, 5 other times. Right? Or am I wrong? You tell me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le4-HlWurtc
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:23 am
DeletedUser wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:14 am

He didn't show it was 4 total times. He showed 3 other times - and he specifically SAID it was 3, 4, 5 other times. Right? Or am I wrong? You tell me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le4-HlWurtc
He was on multiple shows yesterday (and almost every day)....on a longer segment he showed all FOUR times it happened Sunday.

Have a great day.