Kansas Football.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Chiefs 2023

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:01 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:23 am
DeletedUser wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:14 am

Orlovsky showed that it was 4 total times.

....but "nearly a half dozen" does sound better for the purposes of your mission.
He didn't show it was 4 total times. He showed 3 other times - and he specifically SAID it was 3, 4, 5 other times. Right? Or am I wrong? You tell me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le4-HlWurtc
He was on multiple shows yesterday (and almost every day)....on a longer segment he showed all FOUR times it happened Sunday.

Have a great day.
So, what other show/s was he on and what "longer segment" did he show "all FOUR times it happened Sunday"?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:14 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:09 pm Dan Orlovsky had a really interesting breakdown of other snaps and saw that Toney lined up offsides nearly a half dozen times throughout the game.
Orlovsky showed that it was 4 total times.

....but "nearly a half dozen" does sound better for the purposes of your mission.
Good lord, what a dumb thing to get stuck on. How about "multiple" times? Is that better for you? I chose those words because I didn't take the time to count them specifically so I didn't want to give a specific number and be wrong, opening myself up to some nitpicky twat getting hung up on the inaccuracy and distracting from my general point that Toney isn't doing his job at an acceptable level. There was no "mission".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:24 pm The frustrating thing to me is just how irrelevant these alignment calls are anyway. The game is dangerous and you allow a full speed already negated play to unfold? The rules aren't cut and dried on it. It is clear that encroachment is a defensive penalty to keep them from cheating up for leverage, but here the remedy should be a warning or ignore it. The most exciting play of the season was Cheffered. Like he has done to the Chiefs many times. Fischer's holding call which gave Pittsburgh a win. The strip sack "roughing" call on Jones. He likes to ruin games. Cannot let a team within 9-points around him. If you can ever get there.
I personally think that "illegal formation" is an ignorant, unnecessary rule. Who fucking cares how many guys are on the line and how many aren't? Who fucking cares if you have a tackle uncovered? Line up however the fuck you want and let's be creative. So dumb. They add nothing to the sport but frustrating penalty calls.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Speaking of being a twat....

Probably isn't the correct audience for a "keeping Chiefs fans in check" mission.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Chiefs next four opposing QBs: Bailey Zappe, Aidan McConnell, Jake Browning and Easton Stick. Browning has been good but the defense should feast on those other three. Hopefully KC can get their offensive issues in order and get healthy as the prep for the playoffs. Miami certainly did KC a favor by losing to Tennessee last night. Hopefully the Jags can beat Baltimore and keep the #1 seed in play.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm honestly nervous about the Pats a bit partly because our offense still isn't in sync and Bill can still coach up a defense but mostly because I'm just prepared for the officials to call a few game changing penalties.

I would put the under/over on calls that negate a TD for the Chiefs at 1.5.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Large to see MaHomey man up:

Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes regrets his reaction to controversial call that led to Kansas City's loss to Bills

Patrick Mahomes regrets the way he reacted to the offsides penalty that negated what would have been the go-ahead touchdown in Sunday's eventual loss to the Bills.

Mahomes slammed his helmet after Kansas City turned the ball over on downs after Kadarius Toney was flagged for being offsides on a play that ended with him scoring off of a lateral thrown by Travis Kelce. The Chiefs quarterback, who was seen shouting on his sideline after throwing his helmet, needed to be restrained by teammates. He then complained about the call during his postgame press conference.

"It happens, man. It's the NFL," Mahomes said on 610 Sports Radio. "Stuff like that happens. You've got to move on. ... Obviously, you don't want to react that way. I care man. I love it. I love this game, I love my teammates, I want to go out there and put everything on the line to win. But obviously, can't do that. Can't be that way towards officials or really anybody in life."

Mahomes said he most regrets what he said to Bills quarterback Josh Allen when the two met on the field after the game. "Wildest f---ing call I've ever seen," Mahomes was heard saying to Allen. "Offensive offsides on that play, man. F---ing terrible."

"Probably regret acting like that, but more than anything, I regret the way I acted towards Josh after the game because he had nothing to do with it," Mahomes said. "I was still hot and emotional, but you can't do that, man. It's not a great example for kids watching the game. I was more upset about that than I was about me on the sideline."

Like Tom Brady before him, Mahomes is undeniably one of the NFL's most competitive players. That side of him came out on Sunday night.

"It's tough when you play a hard fought game and the game comes down to stuff like that," Mahomes said. "But it's part of it, man. It's part of the game. You've got to just learn from it and try to be better from it, be better as a person and be better as a player. It's something that I'll learn from in my career and try to be better the next time the situation arises."

Mahomes is also not used to losing, which is surely part of what led to his reaction. The two-time league and Super Bowl MVP has won a shopping 77.6% of his games, including the postseason. With Sunday's loss, the Chiefs are off to their worst 13-game start since Mahomes became the team's starting quarterback in 2018.

"Not every season is going to be the same," Mahomes said. "You're not always going to have success. You've got to learn how to get better from it. We've still got four games left and we've got to to whatever we can to fight and win the division and make the playoffs."
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:21 am Large to see MaHomey man up:

Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes regrets his reaction to controversial call that led to Kansas City's loss to Bills

Patrick Mahomes regrets the way he reacted to the offsides penalty that negated what would have been the go-ahead touchdown in Sunday's eventual loss to the Bills.

Mahomes slammed his helmet after Kansas City turned the ball over on downs after Kadarius Toney was flagged for being offsides on a play that ended with him scoring off of a lateral thrown by Travis Kelce. The Chiefs quarterback, who was seen shouting on his sideline after throwing his helmet, needed to be restrained by teammates. He then complained about the call during his postgame press conference.

"It happens, man. It's the NFL," Mahomes said on 610 Sports Radio. "Stuff like that happens. You've got to move on. ... Obviously, you don't want to react that way. I care man. I love it. I love this game, I love my teammates, I want to go out there and put everything on the line to win. But obviously, can't do that. Can't be that way towards officials or really anybody in life."

Mahomes said he most regrets what he said to Bills quarterback Josh Allen when the two met on the field after the game. "Wildest f---ing call I've ever seen," Mahomes was heard saying to Allen. "Offensive offsides on that play, man. F---ing terrible."

"Probably regret acting like that, but more than anything, I regret the way I acted towards Josh after the game because he had nothing to do with it," Mahomes said. "I was still hot and emotional, but you can't do that, man. It's not a great example for kids watching the game. I was more upset about that than I was about me on the sideline."

Like Tom Brady before him, Mahomes is undeniably one of the NFL's most competitive players. That side of him came out on Sunday night.

"It's tough when you play a hard fought game and the game comes down to stuff like that," Mahomes said. "But it's part of it, man. It's part of the game. You've got to just learn from it and try to be better from it, be better as a person and be better as a player. It's something that I'll learn from in my career and try to be better the next time the situation arises."

Mahomes is also not used to losing, which is surely part of what led to his reaction. The two-time league and Super Bowl MVP has won a shopping 77.6% of his games, including the postseason. With Sunday's loss, the Chiefs are off to their worst 13-game start since Mahomes became the team's starting quarterback in 2018.

"Not every season is going to be the same," Mahomes said. "You're not always going to have success. You've got to learn how to get better from it. We've still got four games left and we've got to to whatever we can to fight and win the division and make the playoffs."
Cynical me might say the only reason he "manned up" was because his team and agent went in to damage control and told him to do as such.
Not cynical me might say I truly think Mahomes is a good guy, and after he cooled down a bit he realized his actions showed his passion, and how much he cares about the game and winning - and that's not wrong, but the manner in which he expressed himself - came off as being a bad look - for a good guy.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Dude competes.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:05 am Dude abides.
^^^

abide: accept or act in accordance with (a rule, decision, or recommendation)...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The issue really comes down to calling a penalty only when it mattered under a minute to go having overlooked it every other time in the game. Had they not called it, no one would have said a thing about the alignment because it happens all the time and is a matter of a couple of inches either way. Always with the negative waves, these refs.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Why was this potentially a bad look for Mahomes, Gutter? Seriously curious.

To me it showed his competitive nature and was an honest react to what Mahomes thought was absolute bullshit in the moment.

For sure apologized because the:crest
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:17 pm Why was this potentially a bad look for Mahomes, Gutter? Seriously curious.

To me it showed his competitive nature and was an honest react to what Mahomes thought was absolute bullshit in the moment.

For sure apologized because the:crest
I can answer your question by saying I agree it showed his competitive nature - and to ME that's actually admirable.

I can answer your question by saying type Patrick Mahomes in to the Twitter/X search - and to MANY OTHERS is was a bad look and some/many of those explain why they feel as such.

I can answer your question by saying ask Mahomes - because he himself has basically said it was a bad look - and he is probably the best person to explain why he feels it was a bad look.

Instead, I will answer your question by saying haters are going to hate, lovers are going to love, indifferent people are going to be indifferent. I lean towards indifferent - in this regard.
99% of people who are ripping or defending Mahomes never played professional sports. 100% of the people ripping or defending him are not him.
Like I originally said, I think/believe Mahomes is a good guy. I believe he is sincere in not wanting to come off as a bad guy and having offended anyone. Sincere kudos to him.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I think he’s a good guy and apologized because he was told he had to.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:35 pm I think he’s a good guy and apologized because he was told he had to.
Oh yeah. Reduced the fine probably.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

https://x.com/billbarnwell/status/17347 ... q_-8Yt1KMA

And here is why we all need to take a breath about the WR room. Obviously you hate to have that deficient of a unit, but the whole program here is about avoiding a period of cap-fucked fallow years…and we’re in great shape.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:43 am https://x.com/billbarnwell/status/17347 ... q_-8Yt1KMA

And here is why we all need to take a breath about the WR room. Obviously you hate to have that deficient of a unit, but the whole program here is about avoiding a period of cap-fucked fallow years…and we’re in great shape.
To me the fact that KC has a ton of young guys on rookie contracts is what is so frustrating about them not signing a good WR in this past offseason. They didn't make a serious play for Hopkins, that much seems to be apparent at this point.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:08 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:43 am https://x.com/billbarnwell/status/17347 ... q_-8Yt1KMA

To me the fact that KC has a ton of young guys on rookie contracts is what is so frustrating about them not signing a good WR in this past offseason. They didn't make a serious play for Hopkins, that much seems to be apparent at this point.
I agree, but I think the original sin there is in not dealing Jones prior to the draft. Once that die was cast, I don't think there was a way to add a high-dollar WR without compromising future years.

(All of which has me paying very close attention to what they'll do with Sneed, who might be playing his way into a top-5 type contract.)
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:15 am

I agree, but I think the original sin there is in not dealing Jones prior to the draft. Once that die was cast, I don't think there was a way to add a high-dollar WR without compromising future years.

(All of which has me paying very close attention to what they'll do with Sneed, who might be playing his way into a top-5 type contract.)
Maybe they tag him for a year to kick that can down the road a bit. He's been pretty amazing but I am worried that the success of McDuffie might lead them to let Sneed move on given his almost assuredly high cost.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:41 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:15 am

Maybe they tag him for a year to kick that can down the road a bit. He's been pretty amazing but I am worried that the success of McDuffie might lead them to let Sneed move on given his almost assuredly high cost.
Right - so if someone will give you a 1, or a 2 and a 3...something along those lines...I think you gotta move him.