Facebook, Google, et al

Coffee talk.
defixione
Contributor

Re: Facebook, Google, et al

Post by defixione »

randylahey wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:41 am Government agencies are using big tech platforms to control what you are allowed to say, and in turn what you are allowed to hear, think, and completely influence the world around you. They think the own you. Anyone with a brain should be really alarmed by that
Is that why the Twitter algorithm leans right, and always has?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

gee, who was Elon hanging out with at the World Cup?

zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

My only question is who’s laundering whose money?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:21 pm My only question is who’s laundering whose money?
I dunno, but I'd recommend the same guy that launders those thobes and keffiyehs, impeccably clean. (I believe those are the correct terms? Forgive me if I have mislabeled them). How do they keep those things so starchy clean and white?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I like how they're at the World Cup yet still just on their phones browsing kansascrimson.com.

prob reading the soccer question thread.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The government paid millions of dollars of your tax money to Twitter to censor you. Beyond corrupt.

The more info that is released. The worse it gets
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Whoop dare it is. No longer "conspiracy" talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

OK guys, if the world is coming to an end because of something you don't fully comprehend and no one knows for sure if it's true - then is it wrong for me to point out the guy who was our President and his staff must have had a huge lack of "institutional control"?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

StayCurious wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:04 pm Whoop dare it is. No longer "conspiracy" talk.
Notice all the people who were trying to deny all this earlier in the thread are no longer posting lol
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:20 pm
StayCurious wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:04 pm Whoop dare it is. No longer "conspiracy" talk.
Notice all the people who were trying to deny all this earlier in the thread are no longer posting lol
it’s rude to interrupt a circle jerk
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:53 am The government paid millions of dollars of your tax money to Twitter to censor you. Beyond corrupt.

The more info that is released. The worse it gets
Forgive me, I'm confused. The government paid Twitter millions of dollars of my tax money to censor me? When did I give the government million of dollars of tax money and when did Twitter censor me?

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

I thought we all learned in 1st grade that it's okay to be wrong sometimes. Our egos take a hit, but we learn from our mistakes. Some people just cannot accept they were wrong and lie to themselves about it or justify reasons why.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:20 pm
it’s rude to interrupt a circle jerk
Plus, they have zero reading comprehension. Funny to watch them strut around like their the lead character in The Emperor's New Clothes.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

They requested time from Twitter employees, for which they remunerated them. Twitter still had the final say in everything. As the other Twitter Files have shown. Those Twitter Files also clearly established that the discussions about who to censor never were related to getting paid.

What's the big zinger here?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Mjl wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:56 pm They requested time from Twitter employees, for which they remunerated them. Twitter still had the final say in everything. As the other Twitter Files have shown. Those Twitter Files also clearly established that the discussions about who to censor never were related to getting paid.

What's the big zinger here?
Now, see there was your first mistake. You are supposed to just read the headlines and take that at face value. When it comes to doing the research, that is research enough.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Sounds like exactly what most did on here by reading "safe and effective" in the headlines.