an even more frightening perspective

Coffee talk.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: an even more frightening perspective

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 2:09 pm i hate to beat a dead horse, but nothing is going to “fix” the problem without changes to our patterns of consumption

as an example, demand for beef is at an all-time high! led by the US of course. i’m not saying we shouldn’t be allowed to eat meat, but c’mon…all-time high? ridiculous
And, like energy,, as the inhabitants of previously "poor" countries raise their standard of living, their consumption of meat increases.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 2:20 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 2:09 pm i hate to beat a dead horse, but nothing is going to “fix” the problem without changes to our patterns of consumption

as an example, demand for beef is at an all-time high! led by the US of course. i’m not saying we shouldn’t be allowed to eat meat, but c’mon…all-time high? ridiculous
And, like energy,, as the inhabitants of previously "poor" countries raise their standard of living, their consumption of meat increases.
yes, exactly
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

shh...plug your ears close your eyes. this will all go away
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

just move to Paradise, CA…all your troubles will disappear (in flames and smoke, again)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The brain is voracious in its need for calories and sends us on quests to sate its epic needs. Lately not as many. The red hats seemed to have curbed some things
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Let’s just make sure we keep most countries poor then. As long as my commodities prices stay cheap, and my investments keep increasing in value, I don’t care what’s happening ‘there’. Or here, really. Speaking of, I had to tip my Olive Garden server 11% last night, as they never brought my Alfredo for my breadsticks that I asked for.

Fuck that server! But at least my Darden stock might go up today!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:18 am Let’s just make sure we keep most countries poor then. As long as my commodities prices stay cheap, and my investments keep increasing in value, I don’t care what’s happening ‘there’. Or here, really. Speaking of, I had to tip my Olive Garden server 11% last night, as they never brought my Alfredo for my breadsticks that I asked for.

^^^

One should never underestimate what can be accomplished with an inexhaustible supply of slave labor.
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:18 am Let’s just make sure we keep most countries poor then. As long as my commodities prices stay cheap, and my investments keep increasing in value, I don’t care what’s happening ‘there’. Or here, really. Speaking of, I had to tip my Olive Garden server 11% last night, as they never brought my Alfredo for my breadsticks that I asked for.

channeling your inner mich

well done!
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

lol. Thanks for reminding me why I stay off this side of the boards for the most part.

Oh, and for the record, more ‘ridiculous’ than ‘Murica eating more beef than ever is the fact that the Beef industry has been consolidated into the hands of primarily non-us companies. Specifically, Brazilian owned firms. Maybe Murican farmers are the slaves now.

But I digress. Probably as a cause of this meat coma I’m in after my Monday lunch.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfc

https://www.theguardian.com/business/ar ... s-spending

why are “we” continuing to give the petroleum industry more money?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Weird, because my consumption of beef has declined as my net worth has risen.?
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you live in a developing country?

huh…
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:31 pm you live in a developing country?

huh…
I would say that my country (the U.S.) is not fully developed, so yes.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol

you do you
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

dolomite wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:54 pm

my net worth has risen.?
Under the Biden regime?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Overlander wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:49 pm
dolomite wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:54 pm

my net worth has risen.?
Under the Biden regime?
Longer term than that
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Study uncovers nearly quarter of Congress members doubt fundamental scientific fact: 'It's definitely concerning'

https://www.thecooldown.com/green-busin ... ngress-us/