ousdahl

Re: NBA Finals

Post by ousdahl »

Warriors tried their best to loose but still somehow won
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Bizarre ending.

Some real low level stuff from both sides.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

One of those games where I can’t figure if both teams deserved to win or both deserved to lose.
Fully expected Kawhi to continue the domination for the last 2 minutes.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Nurse getting blasted for the timeout/s. 9-2 GS run. Zero points for Kawhi after the last timeout.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:39 pm Bizarre ending.

Some real low level stuff from both sides.
So...this totally ends with Draymond getting a T in Game 6 (and thus missing Game 7)...right?
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

I feel bad for KD. Nobody deserves an Achilles injury. The fans that cheered are some classless fucks.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Steve Kerr said KD playing tonight wasn’t going to endanger him—that it was a pain thing. I hope that it was KD who pushed to return and not the Warriors staff.

An Achilles tear is the worst.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I was about to anoint Kawhi as one of
The contemporary goats, but his lack of alpha in crunch time was concerning.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kawhi had 10 points in the last 5 minutes - there was a stretch there he looked like he was going to single handedly end the Warriors - he wouldn't miss.
But the Warriors doubled him as soon as he got past the 3 point line and he missed his last two shots and the Raptors had a couple bad turnovers.
Don't blame him for passing out of the double in the final seconds - Lowry got an open shot and Lowry is kinda the face of the Raptors.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I guess.

Also, have we discussed the Toronto fan reaction to Durant’s injury?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think most NBA crowds would have done the same thing.
Just exemplified because we think Canadians are all polite and shit.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:10 am I think most NBA crowds would have done the same thing.
really?

guess maybe that shouldn’t be surprising
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

You are on the verge of the first championship in franchise history. One of the top five players in the world goes down with an injury that your team is just so happening to be playing against. Emotions got the best of some of the fans. Is it a great look, hell no, but it happens.

That really, really sucks for KD. Your body can be your best friend and worst nightmare. I'm sure his body was telling him the calf is a little weaker so every other muscle is going to make up for that. His Achilles was probably already stretched and then it just popped. Thankfully with the advancement of modern medicine and rehab a Achilles injury isn't the 'death' blow it use to be but KD does face a long road to recovery.

The Raptors have to be in 'oh shit' mode. Last thing they wanted to do was head back to the Bay. As Bill Self likes to say GSW is playing with house money right now. A rather 'boring' series just got really interesting.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:21 am You are on the verge of the first championship in franchise history. One of the top five players in the world goes down with an injury that your team is just so happening to be playing against. Emotions got the best of some of the fans. Is it a great look, hell no, but it happens.
Not only is one of the top five players playing against you - but he's killing you.
It looks very much that with Durant, you are going to loose three in a row.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:25 am
holidaysmore wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:21 am You are on the verge of the first championship in franchise history. One of the top five players in the world goes down with an injury that your team is just so happening to be playing against. Emotions got the best of some of the fans. Is it a great look, hell no, but it happens.
Not only is one of the top five players playing against you - but he's killing you.
Very true and good point. He had at least 11 at that time. At that time the Warriors looked like the Warriors. Either way his return energized GSW and now his injury and the fans reaction is going to be GSW rallying cry from here on out. This is going to go to 7. Does GSW have enough left in the tank mentally and physically to pull it out.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You'd think the group on here would have some experience with getting killed by Durant only to watch him get hurt.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:41 am
You'd think the group on here would have some experience with getting killed by Durant only to watch him get hurt.
was actually gonna comment on that

i don’t recall the Fieldhouse faithful cheering
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, part of the fan reaction may have been just cheering the turnover and fast break bucket, not necessarily the injury itself.

Except for the fact the camera guys were zooming in on fans mockingly waving goodbye to Durant.

Makes one appreciate AFH that much more, when the place goes silent for an injury (including Durant’s, I WAS THERE), then sincere applause when the player gets up.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

After watching all of the Royals's battles with the Blue Jays, I've come to the conclusion that Toronto sports fans are assholes. Even though by most accounts Torontoans are not in general.

Still preferable to Warriors fans, though.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Warriors fans are the worst.

But as far as Toronto fans go, all we've heard is how nice they are. With the spotlight on them from the entire world, we saw that is false.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG