Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Re: Totally random thread

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Why do people say I don't have the money - instead of saying I prefer not to spend my money?
I have a good friend who isn't "wealthy" but he has more money than the average American.
When I ask him if he wants to go to a sporting event, concert, whatever, he often says, "I don't have the money".
Yet, he's the guy who is always telling me, "We need to take a cool trip/vacation".
I have asked him about this and he has a difficult time explaining himself. I serve it up to him on a silver platter. I say to him, "it's cool - you would rather not spend the money - no problem".
He then comes up with excuses such as, "I just had to play for my kid's baseball league, I had to spend money on my sister's 50th birthday party, I had to........"
Excuses why he can't afford to do something that would cost him a couple of hundred dollars - and meanwhile, he has no problem spending thousands and thousands of dollars on an elaborate vacation - which I can't afford to do and have to explain to him why.
End of rant.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Maybe he saves for a vacation.
Broham
Deleted User 289

Absolutely. Completely understandable. My thing is why not just say that? Does he feel I will think anything less of him? He's not a user so I don't think he tells me he doesn't have the money to go to events so that I will buy him a ticket, but maybe I am naive and am giving him too much credit.
He tells me if he is flat out not interested in going - so I don't think he's using it as an excuse not to go. Pretty much whenever I get free tickets or buy an extra ticket he is usually happy to go with me.
Interestingly (to me) he's not the only person I know who does this.
I guess I just have to figure people have priorities and they are not good at explaining/expressing it. Instead they make a false claim.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:37 pm Absolutely. Completely understandable. My thing is why not just say that? Does he feel I will think anything less of him? He's not a user so I don't think he tells me he doesn't have the money to go to events so that I will buy him a ticket, but maybe I am naive and am giving him too much credit.
He tells me if he is flat out not interested in going - so I don't think he's using it as an excuse not to go. Pretty much whenever I get free tickets or buy an extra ticket he is usually happy to go with me.
I guess I just have to figure people have priorities and they are not good at explaining/expressing it. Instead they make a false claim.
Maybe he is just trying to be polite. "Spending money to do something with you isn't high enough on my list of financial needs and wants to justify doing it" doesnt exactly strengthen many relationships.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:08 pm
Grandma wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:37 pm Absolutely. Completely understandable. My thing is why not just say that? Does he feel I will think anything less of him? He's not a user so I don't think he tells me he doesn't have the money to go to events so that I will buy him a ticket, but maybe I am naive and am giving him too much credit.
Maybe he is just trying to be polite. "Spending money to do something with you isn't high enough on my list of financial needs and wants to justify doing it" doesnt exactly strengthen many relationships.
Fuck.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

When he says "I don't have the money for that" you should hear "I don't have the money budgeted for that"

yw
Broham
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:25 pm Elon Musk = high-functioning sociopath
shindig

Post by shindig »

I just realized it's been 30 years to the day since I graduated high school. Fvck, I'm an old sum bitch. Just turned 48 a few weeks ago....thanks all for the birthday wishes...:).

Plus, my 30 yr high school reunion has been cancelled. Oh well, don't really want to drive to Wichita ever again.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Well....fuck.

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 289

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:04 pm Well....fuck.

This is how I learned of his passing.

Friend of mine (Kelly Leonard) posted this about 15 minutes ago

Rest in Peace, Fred. One of the most generous, kind and truly hilarious individuals I have ever known. On one visit to Chicago, he and I had a deep cut conversation about baseball. Three days later, a baseball tie showed up in the mail as a gift. I still have it and treasure it. He's with Mary now.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

99, UK's looking for a new cheer coach.

The three-month process included interviews with more than 60 students, coaches and administrators in the cheerleading program. UK Provost David W. Blackwell said the review found:

Coaches knew or reasonably should have known of inappropriate conduct by cheerleaders and failed to take sufficient steps to address the conduct;
During a team retreat at Lake Cumberland, some cheerleaders performed gymnastics routines that including hurling their teammates from a dock into the water while either topless or bottomless. The routines, known as “basket tosses,” were done at the direction of other members of the squad and within the view of at least some of the coaches;
Coaches allowed cheerleading alumni to bring boats and alcohol to the retreat, where some cheerleaders were partially naked and/or drinking while riding on boats;
Coaches did not confiscate alcohol brought to the retreat by some squad members or intervene to stop students from consuming alcohol. Several squad members became so intoxicated they required medical treatment; and
During a cheerleading camp in Tennessee, some cheerleaders were directed by other members of the squad to perform lewd chants and wear outfits that did not include underwear.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/ke ... stigation/
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sounds fun to me.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Busted.
Broham
Deleted User 289

What would possess someone to want to do this?

"
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I dunno. I don't get the whole UFC thing.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I guess it’s more brutal than boxing, which seems like a popular sell among Mericans.

But it also has a lot more dudes rolling around dry humping than boxing too, sooo...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

But let’s keep this thread on topic!

So one of my BFFs (like grew up together in KS and still hang on the reg) lives down in Denver. Before the shit hit the fan, he would come up to hang in the mountains like every couple weeks. He’s also married to a looser of a wife who seems to take great pleasure in being a wet blanket in life.

It’s been like 3 months since he did last. He finally gets a chance to come up for a badass social distancing fishing trip.

At the last minute, he calls and says he can’t come cuz his wife “doesn’t wanna have to walk the dog by herself.”

That’s like, less about any practical concern, and more about just being a stick in the mud, right?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:34 am But let’s keep this thread on topic!

So one of my BFFs (like grew up together in KS and still hang on the reg) lives down in Denver. Before the shit hit the fan, he would come up to hang in the mountains like every couple weeks. He’s also married to a looser of a wife who seems to take great pleasure in being a wet blanket in life.

It’s been like 3 months since he did last. He finally gets a chance to come up for a badass social distancing fishing trip.

At the last minute, he calls and says he can’t come cuz his wife “doesn’t wanna have to walk the dog by herself.”

That’s like, less about any practical concern, and more about just being a stick in the mud, right?
You left out who is going to wipe her butt in his absence.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Bring the dog
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:34 am But let’s keep this thread on topic!

You were pissed that beavey was gonna go see his parents, but it's ok for you to have a buddy over from out of town?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.