What music does everyone listen to?

Coffee talk.
japhy
Contributor

Re: What music does everyone listen to?

Post by japhy »

my mother was a friend of an enemy of the people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcgcbCxpCis
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:08 pm Just so to see if I was missing out on some good bands I played the most popular songs of the more popular artists opening for Lollapalooza. Note I am only judging them from their most popular song.

Chappell Roan - Good Luck Babe : B- ( she's got a good voice, I like the fun 80s bop, I don't like this kind of pop but as noted above, I get why the youngins would like it )
Been Stellar - Scream from New York: C- ( wants very much to be in the 90s but that voice sucks dude )
Benson Boone - Beautiful Things: B- ( good voice but loose the vibrato bro )
Tyla - Water: D+ ( nah. autotuned overproduced. )
dv4vd - Romantic Homicide: C ( nothing really wrong, nothing really good - this is one boring song )
Lizzy McAlpine - ceilings: B ( not for me, sappy girl song, but melody good, light acoustic good, and builds well with what I assume is a standup bass )
Blondshell - Olympus: B- ( this is fine. kinda dull )
Kesha - Tik Tok: F ( I hate this song )
Hozier - Too Sweet: A- ( ok, good voice, kickin' bass line, good build up, chorus changes, different bridge, this song 'slaps' )
BigXthaPlug - Mmhmm: D- ( nope. you're sampling Will Smith's Miami? and this is what you do with it? )
The Japanese House - Touching Yourself: D+ ( this song is all over the place, it just is like one long run on )
Elyanna - Ganeni: D ( just not my thing at all )
Labrinth - Formula: B- ( some sweet synth/beats - but can we not autotune everyone's voices plz )
Nice effort and dedication!

I am going to start a different thread with pics and personal reviews. In some ways I feel people don't care - so they don't/won't have to sift through this thread to find the stuff they do care about.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I think the BigXthaPlug song is catchy as fuck LOL
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Multiple choice:

1. Must be the heat.

2. Must be the backstage passes.
Gutter wrote:...I'm almost dreading going tomorrow (not a single performer I can say I WANT to see) but promised a co-worker I will meet up with her daughter and niece...

Question: Who'da thunk someone who knows Gutter would trust their kids with him?
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:37 am I think the BigXthaPlug song is catchy as fuck LOL
Mmhmm?
That song?
Holy shit.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:57 am Multiple choice:

1. Must be the heat.

2. Must be the backstage passes.
Gutter wrote:...I'm almost dreading going tomorrow (not a single performer I can say I WANT to see) but promised a co-worker I will meet up with her daughter and niece...

Question: Who'da thunk someone who knows Gutter would trust their kids with him?
Answer: Believe it or not, I'm actually a pretty good surrogate Uncle. Better surrogate Uncle than I am "step" Uncle.
I'm being dead serious when I say I have multiple co-workers and friends who's kids refer to me as Uncle ______________ (fill in the blank with either my real first name or nickname).

Problem is I can be too overprotective or too underproductive.
Yesterday I made sure I took care of the kids (they aren't really kids - they are 15) when I was with them but I was not at all thrilled they didn't have an adult (even 18 or older) with them when I wasn't with them. Made me almost feel guilty.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:19 am
DeletedUser wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:37 am I think the BigXthaPlug song is catchy as fuck LOL
Mmhmm?
That song?
Holy shit.
I know. 🫣
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The Japanese House:

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Not a single performer I feel a strong desire to see/hear today.
I have seen The Killers. I will probably see them tonight.
As usual, my guess is my highlights will be seeing musicians I have never even heard of.
I'm spending most of the day with my best friend. I love him but it's a big challenge. He needs to do every little gimmick thing there is - such as visit all the sponsor shit and stand in long lines to get freebies.

Anyways.....

About that Lebanese woman last night.
Reminded me of this. One of the best scenes in the history of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoJevzQvaBY
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 9:59 am Not a single performer I feel a strong desire to see/hear today.
I have seen The Killers. I will probably see them tonight.
As usual, my guess is my highlights will be seeing musicians I have never even heard of.
I'm spending most of the day with my best friend. I love him but it's a big challenge. He needs to do every little gimmick thing there is - such as visit all the sponsor shit and stand in long lines to get freebies.

Anyways.....

About that Lebanese woman last night.
Reminded me of this. One of the best scenes in the history of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoJevzQvaBY
I had forgotten that episode. It was classic.

"Why don't you go wrap your head in a towel?!"
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’d be curious to know when he purchased that jersey

i got $100 that he bought it AFTER butker’s comments…which screams “look at me”
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 3:24 pm i’d be curious to know when he purchased that jersey

Oh, for sure.

How obnoxious. Especially for a singer who has made questionable decisions in the past (getting caught using the N-word iirc).

Money can't fix stupid.

I wish Mahomes and Kelce had the backbone to say "nah dude, we aren't co-signing our idiot kicker walking out with you wearing that...here is one of our jerseys or a Derrick Thomas jersey or ANYTHING other than a Butker jersey".
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 3:27 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 3:24 pm i’d be curious to know when he purchased that jersey

Oh, for sure.

How obnoxious. Especially for a singer who has made questionable decisions in the past (getting caught using the N-word iirc).

Money can't fix stupid.

I wish Mahomes and Kelce had the backbone to say "nah dude, we aren't co-signing our idiot kicker walking out with you wearing that...here is one of our jerseys or a Derrick Thomas jersey or ANYTHING other than a Butker jersey".
Dude (Wallen) can't get enough attention for just performing in Arrowhead so he goes ahead and wears the Butker jersey?
Then you have two guys who go douchebag/s (typically I like them them) because Morgan Wallen is a douchebag, and they get off on hanging out with douchebags, when they are bigger "names" than the douchebag/s they hang out with. Sorry, I feel it would be and should be cooler for Wallen to hang with Mahomes and Kelce than Mahomes and Kelce to hang out with Wallen.

Meanwhile, this guy wanted to shoot people.
https://www.kctv5.com/2024/08/03/illino ... s-players/
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Wallens a douchebag and his music sucks. Take your fake country bullshit back to the voice
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm only about a quarter gushered. So I think I can definitely say Jack Casady is my favorite musician ever. I've given this some thought. Pretty sure I agree with myself.

https://youtu.be/f0L6ULMWpQc?si=eOidJKBUspMv-J4S
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Saw Theory of a Deadman last night. I didn't think I knew who they were but I knew several of their songs. Not necessarily my style but it was a pretty good show.

I did feel a little out if my place in my pearl snaps but, I mean, it was after a rodeo so.... ha
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

saw Shane Smith and the Saints last night. They're pretty damn good. Unfortunately was an abbreviated set to close out the festival due to storms and high winds. We had sustained 30 moh winds with gusts up to 65. In the middle of wheat fields....it was ripping and dusty (harvest is wrapping up so lot of loose dirt sitting there waiting to be blown away)
Just Ledoux it