Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Re: Totally random thread

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I have a friend that we affectionately refer to as Cousin Brain-Dead.
Cousin Brain-Dead - "I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day!! Thanks to all that have served!!"
I thought to myself, I'm sure those who have died serving our country appreciate your sentiment. I then thought about nicely explaining to him there is a reason why we have one holiday called Memorial Day and one called Veteran's Day and that each one has it's own significance. I think he would still be confused. Why even try? Right?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

US Representative Katie Porter, of California's 45th Congressional District:

Warning: Bad Words!

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

does anyone else get excited when a new poster registers?

Marshall Samuel where yat?

I'd ask why we have so many new accounts that never end up posting anything, but I'll assume it's just gusher socks trying to sneak in.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:10 am does anyone else get excited when a new poster registers?

Marshall Samuel where yat?

I'd ask why we have so many new accounts that never end up posting anything, but I'll assume it's just gusher socks trying to sneak in.
I think Marshall Samuell was a mom jeans bot?

Speaking of mom jeans/dad jokes...saw a mom jeans meme the other day...."want to know why mom jeans have such big pockets?...its to carry all that audacity."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Marshall didn't make it long.
Mom jeans is more of a kusports.com deal.
Deleted User 289

Maybe I need HD to chime in on this one.
I'm sitting in a park about a block away from a Carson's. https://www.ribs.com
I'm thinking hmmmm. What do I want to order for take out? I'm going through the menu. I'm not a rib fan. I know - fuck me. What else should I order? First I'm thinking a BBQ Beef sandwich. Then I'm thinking I'll sit outside in the park and eat so maybe I should opt for something lighter and refreshing - such as a chicken caesar salad. Then I'm thinking fuck it, go big and bring something home. I'm thinking I'll get a New York Strip. I start ordering on line and then think to myself, when all is said and done my lunch is going to cost me about $60. Do I really want this and need it? I have an AHA! moment. I'll go to Whole Foods, buy a nice steak, a potato, some onions, garlic, (and other groceries I could use) and make myself a good lunch.
I go to Whole Foods, I get a cart, I get my groceries, I pay for everything, I leave, I get home.
I realize I didn't buy a steak.
WTF?!?!?!

Point of my sharing this is..... It's hardly the only time I have done this.
What is wrong with my brain in that I go somewhere to buy something specific and I get shit that wasn't on my mind and completely forget to buy the main thing that I went to go buy?

Upshot is I have a short conference call at 2:00pm. I'm thinking when I am done I should just say fuck it and order from Carson's, go pick it up, and eat it as linner/dunch and call it a day.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I've done that.

Figure out what you have, probably good stuff, and go from there. Relax, don't beat yourself up, and enjoy.
Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Garlic mashed potatoes for lunch.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I cooked a burger with grilled onions. I had cheese on it.
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:32 pm Garlic mashed potatoes for lunch.
I had mashed potatoes for lunch, too.

99, say it wasn't American "cheese"!
Derek Cressman
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I was suggesting that's what gutter should do ( b/c of the groceries he bought ) but I forgot that's what we used to do to ignore people over on kusportsdotcom.
Unintentional.

Who did we do it to the most?
JDavis?
tmcats?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Smoked turkey and egg melt sammich with home fries. I didn’t get around to eating breakfast til lunchtime.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Grandma wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:49 pm Maybe I need HD to chime in on this one.
I'm thinking hmmmm. What do I want to order for take out? I'm going through the menu. I'm not a rib fan. I know - fuck me. What else should I order? First I'm thinking a BBQ Beef sandwich. Then I'm thinking I'll sit outside in the park and eat so maybe I should opt for something lighter and refreshing - such as a chicken caesar salad. Then I'm thinking fuck it, go big and bring something home. I'm thinking I'll get a New York Strip. I start ordering on line and then think to myself, when all is said and done my lunch is going to cost me about $60. Do I really want this and need it? I have an AHA! moment. I'll go to Whole Foods, buy a nice steak, a potato, some onions, garlic, (and other groceries I could use) and make myself a good lunch.
I go to Whole Foods, I get a cart, I get my groceries, I pay for everything, I leave, I get home.
WTF?!?!?!

What is wrong with my brain in that I go somewhere to buy something specific and I get shit that wasn't on my mind and completely forget to buy the main thing that I went to go buy?

Upshot is I have a short conference call at 2:00pm. I'm thinking when I am done I should just say fuck it and order from Carson's, go pick it up, and eat it as linner/dunch and call it a day.
Whole Foods may be the issue. Probably still ends up costing 60 bucks. Probably would have remembered the steak if you went to Mariano's.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Grandma wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:49 pm Maybe I need HD to chime in on this one.
WTF?!?!?!

lol

make a list, gutman
Deleted User 289

Ok kids. Thanks for the responses. Shit happens. Forgot to mention a key thing - I had bought ground beef. I made a couple of really good burgers. It's all good. God willing, I'll Iive to see another day when I can/will have a steak.
99- You hit the nail on the head. With both your posts.
Feral & pdub - Nice lunch! I'm too lazy to make mashed taters.
ousy - I'm not a turkey fan and I don't eat any kind of eggs unless they are cooked in to something. Such as pancakes, waffles, french toast, cookies, cakes. I'd happily suck down those home fries.
Mjl - Wasn't too bad today. Pretzels = $3.19, Frozen O-Rings = $2.99, Frozen Tater Puffs = $2.39, BBQ Sauce = $6.99, 2 Fuji Apples = $1.50, Vidalia Onion = $0.98 (minus Amazon discount), Garlic Crostini = $3.99, Bananas = $0.86, Pellegrino Lemon/Raspberry water = $6.29, Ground Beef = $2.89 Grand Total was $33.30.
Marianos is a long walk away but definitely the better option when buying multiple items that are carriable.
Trad - Usually I do make a list but it was a spur of the moment grocery run.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

The Baltimore Sun headline writers are my heroes today:

Derek Cressman
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Strong.
Deleted User 289

Classic example of the life of Grandma.
I can't remember exactly when it occurred that my next door neighbor rightfully knocked on my door one evening because I had my window open and there was a strong cross breeze that caused my door to rattle a little bit. I think it was about 4 months ago. Whenever it was, she was NASTY about it. Very rude and told me I was extremely inconsiderate. I kept my composure, was polite, and apologized.
I told her if I use a rubber door stop it eliminates the issue and I had forgot to use the door stopper.
I said will try my best not to let it happen again.
So.....
Saturday night at 11:15pm I was asleep when someone at the front desk in my building left a phone message asking me if I had water running in my apartment and saying that there was water leaking in to the apartment below mine.
I didn't get the message until the morning but called the front desk and told them that I did not have any running water in my apartment the night before or that morning that would have caused a leak.
On Monday I spoke with one of the maintenance guys and he said don't worry about it.
Last night I got another phone call that I missed. Same thing - Do I have water in my apartment that is leaking down to the apartment below me? Now I am getting annoyed. Obviously it's not an emergency or they would knock on my door. Right? Still, it's a reoccurring issue that you would think they would have investigated between Saturday night and today.
This morning I went to the front desk and asked to speak with the maintenance supervisor. Miraculously he was in the management office and he came out to speak with me. He said it could be an issue with my toilet and they will come check it out. I said no problem. Come whenever and if I'm not home I give permission to enter.
Around 10:30am I hear a knock. I thought it was my door. It wasn't, it was a couple of maintenance guys knocking on my neighbor's door. Not sure how they figured it out but it turns out the fucknut neighbor had told building management she was going to be out of town for a few months during the "stay at home order" - and it seems she left HER window open this entire time.
Well, there was extensive water damage to her apartment which apparently was the cause of the water leaking in the apartment below mine.
Moral of the story - karma is a bitch and so is my neighbor?
Why did I share a story on here that no one but me, the maintenance guys, and my neighbor give a shit about - because I can. I'm just happy the fiasco is over. On to the next one!
Deleted User 289

Is this racist? I don't want to pull an imzcount. If it is, please delete it.
5,000 Jewish men were asked to complete a survey on what they liked best about receiving oral sex from a Jewish woman:
3% liked the warmth.
4% enjoyed the sensation.
93% appreciated the silence.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^^ I lol'd

anywho let's keep this thread on topic:

at what point can a coffee drinker no longer claim to be a coffee drinker?

if a coffee drinker will only drink coffee if it's loaded up with cream and sugar and vanilla syrup, does it even count?