What music does everyone listen to?

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: What music does everyone listen to?

Post by ousdahl »

While driving across The Empire just sang along to this so loud that now I’m hoarse.

https://youtu.be/Ang5_0VVHnM?si=87xDQOrVmd7N_vSl

And just for the record, this like totally has nothing to do with that libertarian megababe from the tinder thread.

*blushes*
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the tragic, real life of Robert Johnson

https://guitar.com/features/history/bey ... t-johnson/
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I watched a great documentary on him awhile back. fascinating, hardship creates great blues music
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:37 pm While driving across The Empire just sang along to this so loud that now I’m hoarse.
Here's one that was filmed in the SLV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BJ7MDOmLPE
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:53 am
ousdahl wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:37 pm While driving across The Empire just sang along to this so loud that now I’m hoarse.

I show folks that video when I am telling them about the SLV.

Great song too
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

japhy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:53 am

I am quite confident I would thoroughly enjoy that country
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Going to see Tyler Childers tonight. First time at the Gorge. Should be awesome.

Except.....high wind, severe thunderstorm and severe dust storm warnings for that area this afternoon and evening. Cool.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I'm still 2 hours from.concert time but I can confirm from just chillin on the lawn...the rumors are true. The Gorge is a fuckin awesome venue.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 6:12 pm I'm still 2 hours from.concert time but I can confirm from just chillin on the lawn...the rumors are true. The Gorge is a fuckin awesome venue.
enjoy yourself. i hope it’s a blast
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

cool. severe thunderstorms showed up...lightning hit caused a fire....got evacuated. soaking wet. good times
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ugh
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

TDub wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 7:17 pm cool. severe thunderstorms showed up...lightning hit caused a fire....got evacuated. soaking wet. good times
Bummer!

This offers some hope.....

https://twitter.com/thegorgeamp/status/ ... 7160946781
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I’m going to see Howard Jones on Sunday. He has more ‘hit’ songs than one might believe.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 7:17 pm cool. severe thunderstorms showed up...lightning hit caused a fire....got evacuated. soaking wet. good times
Heard/saw the show happened. Also heard/read is was a shit show trying to get people back in.
Hope so and I hope you had a good time once you got back in.
You didn't tell us Joy Oladokun and Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats were also performing.
I'm a BIG fan of the both of them.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m a Rateliff fan as well
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:37 am
Heard/saw the show happened. Also heard/read is was a shit show trying to get people back in.
Hope so and I hope you had a good time once you got back in.
You didn't tell us Joy Oladokun and Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats were also performing.
I'm a BIG fan of the both of them.
all things considered I thought they did a pretty dang decent job of getting people back in as quickly and efficiently as possible. Yea, was a pain in the ass, had to re-go through security and check in blah blah....this time with everyone all at once instead of breezing through when we got there early the first time
But, what else can they do?

Rateliff put on a good show, I didn't know him before. He's an interesting mix of sounds but he sounded good and had good energy.

Joy Oladokun was fine, nothing special. The best thing they played was a cover of Nirvana.

Tyler Childers was great, sounds as good live as he does on his records. One of my favorites.

Overall turned out fine. Was windy, cold, wet and kinda miserable but part of the risk of outdoor venues. It started lighting and dumping rain again right towards the end of Childers set so it was a sloppy madhouse getting back to the cars with 25k wet hurrying people. The weather/fire delay early on really kinda killed the momentum too, killed the buzz, killed the vibe.

Anyway, I stopped drinking during the weather delay and we decided just to hit the road after the concert instead of driving the wrong direction to the hotel. So we got in last night a little after 2? ish.. I dunno, I'm tired. Long day.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

All in all the Gorge is an awesome venue, Tyler Childers is awesome. Can't say enough good about Childers, hes top tier.

But, unlucky with weather...whatever, it happens.

I would also say that I absolutely hate being around that many people. I am so used to not being around people now that being stuck with 27k people all in one spot.....is a challenge for me.

I'm also spoiled in that we have some pretty dang good concerts close by (people I like anyway)...which sre much much smaller and easier venues. I would go to the gorge again, but...I would camp there, make an event of it and try to mitigate being around that many people as best as I could ha.

I'm a grumpy old man maybe....haha

that venue with me at 21-28 wouldve been an absolute blast and a complete shit show.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

also 2nd concert in 2 weeks that's been delayed and shortened by thunderstorms....damn the luck
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

The Gorge is badass
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy