What music does everyone listen to?

Coffee talk.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: What music does everyone listen to?

Post by Sparko »

I enjoy the WDR Big Band quite a bit. To me, that orchestra sized unit is so versatile. I am also enjoying Dead South in The TDub vein:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqTY8rG ... eDeadSouth
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

One of the perks of my job....
I have to meet the members of a well known rock band today.
One of the drawbacks of my job.....
I don't get to go to their concert.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Did not know that Air Supply was still around.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Good stuff. PDub is going to ban you though.
Broham
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:57 am Did not know that Air Supply was still around.
I wish!
Ok, no I don't.

It is Pearl Jam. Got to listen to their sound check. That and $2.25 got me a ride on the Red Line to Wrigley Field, a guy who was probably on Fentanyl asking me why people weren't lined up yet (4 hours before they let people in) for general admission ("Pit") admission and telling me it is bullshit, the pick up and drop off of tickets and passes for someone else, a ride home on the Red Line, and a post on this thread.

It gets you a video from the first time I saw them in 1992 and maybe a quick glimpse of me in the audience - absolutely blown away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rqXsz_1C_U&t=1318s
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:09 pm
Sparko wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:57 am Did not know that Air Supply was still around.
I wish!
Ok, no I don't.

It is Pearl Jam. Got to listen to their sound check. That and $2.25 got me a ride on the Red Line to Wrigley Field, a guy who was probably on Fentanyl asking me why people weren't lined up yet (4 hours before they let people in) for general admission ("Pit") admission and telling me it is bullshit, the pick up and drop off of tickets and passes for someone else, a ride home on the Red Line, and a post on this thread.

It gets you a video from the first time I saw them in 1992 and maybe a quick glimpse of me in the audience - absolutely blown away.

Is Eddie Vedder still a dick?
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:27 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:09 pm
I wish!
Ok, no I don't.

Is Eddie Vedder still a dick?
I don't know. Maybe he's still a dick in regards to his political views and strong opinions on a wide range of topics, but he's never been a dick to me, so I'm not sure how to definitively answer your question with a yes or no.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sounds like Eddie hurt psych's feelings
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

fuck your feelings......or something? right? isn't that how it goes?
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:45 pm Sounds like Eddie hurt psych's feelings
Nah. He just comes across to me as a supercilious dick, just like a lot of other liberal celebrities who don't live in reality. I like Pearl Jam, and I liked the musical score he did for Into the Wild.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Into the Wild is one of the best movies I have seen.
If you liked it, you should check out 180 Degrees South, if you haven't.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:53 am
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:45 pm Sounds like Eddie hurt psych's feelings
Nah. He just comes across to me as a supercilious dick, just like a lot of other liberal celebrities who don't live in reality. I like Pearl Jam, and I liked the musical score he did for Into the Wild.
No doubt he has been a "dick" at times in regards to things he has said and done but I'm not sure I would call him a "supercilious" dick.
As far as your saying/implying he's a liberal celeb who doesn't live in reality, he's one of the most "real" celebs I have ever met. Truly a good guy. Granted, when I have spoken with him we have been with other people who are mutual friends/acquaintances.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Too funny!!!!
I got an IM from a buddy about an hour ago saying my ex sang a song on stage with Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam at Wrigley last night. HUH!?! I thought to myself WTF?!?! She's not a Pearl Jam fan and while she is crazy enough to get on stage and sing at a big concert, why the hell would Pearl Jam let her sing with them?

Here is where the confusion came from and then I got clarification.
The woman who sang with them is named Abby (my ex's name) and the girl that was on stage fricking looks A LOT like her.
Only BIG difference is, the Abby on stage last night looks to be about half the age of my ex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qIBYYvYd6g
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I can't do it, it's too easy.
Broham
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 3:23 pm I can't do it, it's too easy.
Restraint…Grasshopper
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Jerry, Jack and Mickey

Love this stuff

https://youtu.be/drXlL34Jegc?si=EAcDK_i4rkO3CccW
Broham
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I learn something new every day.

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/17tTXYtudu/