Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:01 am Closed in Michigan:

Schools
Bars
In person dining
Ice rinks
Movie theaters
Bowling alleys

Nothing left to close. It all been closed.
And maybe some of those things are overboard. Schools in particular!

But the hammer has to be heavy when people are still doing objectively stupid things, like hosting indoor Halloween parties (and then Thanksgivings, and then Christmases, and then New Yearses, and then the Super Bowl, and so on).

As a population, we seem bound and determined to just trudge our way to vaccines, even if that means we lose a half-million people (most of which we didn't have to).
ousdahl

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by ousdahl »

“This is gonna be the deadliest thanksgiving since the first thanksgiving”
shindig

Post by shindig »

My neighbor's oldest son is getting married today at St. Elizabeth's Church in Waldo, they are expecting 60+ guests...stupid. I was invited, but declined.

And Thanksgiving, nada...talked to my parents last night and they just don't feel comfortable being out especially since my younger brother is a nurse and my older brother is a wine distributor, so they are around people a lot more, and I agreed. It's just another fvcking day.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:01 am Closed in Michigan:

Schools
Bars
In person dining
Ice rinks
Movie theaters
Bowling alleys

Nothing left to close. It all been closed.
RIGHT!
You say, "Nothing left to close. It all been closed" because of course the only things that exist in Michigan are schools, bars, restaurants, ice rinks, movie theaters, and bowling alleys.
Are gun shops still open? Let me guess - "Of course they are".
So hey - at least Michiganders have that going for them.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

hello left field
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

We shouldve locked hard early or not locked until later. People are numb and tired, weary and nervous for their livelihoods and exhausted from constant bombardment of bad news.

Im not saying we should ignore the new uptick in cases ir act accordingly, im juat saying my experience for why it seems the seriousness of the situation is not beong responded to in kind.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

people need to fucking suck it up

seriously

i’m not at all happy that i “can’t” go back to kansas and see all of my family for the holidays, but it is what must be done

people need to get off their selfish high horse
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:01 am people need to fucking suck it up

seriously

Now that is a pep talk. I am now refreshed, rejuvenated, renewed and ready to take on the world.

You must be a motivational speaker.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:56 am We shouldve locked hard early or not locked until later. People are numb and tired, weary and nervous for their livelihoods and exhausted from constant bombardment of bad news.

Im not saying we should ignore the new uptick in cases ir act accordingly, im juat saying my experience for why it seems the seriousness of the situation is not beong responded to in kind.
Well, because we didn't give a single, solitary fuck about - in fact, we were from the top down aggressively against - comprehensive testing, entire regions of our country locked down needlessly in March/April.

So, naturally, those regions were both unappreciative of the threat that's now coming to bear, and also incredibly resistant to locking down again.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:23 am
TDub wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:56 am We shouldve locked hard early or not locked until later. People are numb and tired, weary and nervous for their livelihoods and exhausted from constant bombardment of bad news.

Well, because we didn't give a single, solitary fuck about - in fact, we were from the top down aggressively against - comprehensive testing, entire regions of our country locked down needlessly in March/April.

So, naturally, those regions were both unappreciative of the threat that's now coming to bear, and also incredibly resistant to locking down again.
Im not arguing with you, just answering the question posed.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:25 am

Yep, didn't mean to be argumentative. More just expressing frustration over the obvious consequences of our short-sighted response.

Stupid games, stupid prizes, and so on.
Deleted User 89

we still have test shortages

two co-workers were in direct contact with a positive case that lives with them, and were told they had to wait for symptoms to get tested because there aren’t enough tests

at this point, anyone who wants a test should be able to get one, regardless of symptoms
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:13 am

seriously

Now that is a pep talk. I am now refreshed, rejuvenated, renewed and ready to take on the world.

i didn’t realize you were a child and needed a pep talk to persuade you to do the responsible, thoughtful thing
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:30 am
TDub wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:25 am

Yep, didn't mean to be argumentative. More just expressing frustration over the obvious consequences of our short-sighted response.

Stupid games, stupid prizes, and so on.
Agreed. Problem being that we dragged it along long enough that we are on the precipice of some real economic problems if we have to lockdown for any extended time. I think that scares a lot of people. Rheb again, I've had 4 jobs in the last 2 weeks get shutdown for covid. So damned if you do damned if you don't, its a significant problem with significant impacts no matter the path forward.
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:35 am

seriously

i didn’t realize you were a child and needed a pep talk to persuade you to do the responsible, thoughtful thing
I just found it very inspirational. That’s all. Like George C Scott in the movie Patton.
Last edited by MICHHAWK on Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:36 am
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:35 am

I just found it very inspirational. That’s all. Like George C Scott in the movie Payton.
*chef's kiss*
Deleted User 89

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

^^ agree with that. Kids should be outdoors as often as possible. We all should be
Just Ledoux it
shindig

Post by shindig »

TDub wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:45 pm ^^ agree with that. Kids should be outdoors as often as possible. We all should be
It's been an unusually warm November here in KC (except for today, it's a bit chilly), but yesterday it was 73. Think it's supposed to warm up again next week, of course tomorrow is 100% chance of rain (always happens on a weekend), and I assume my gutters are full of leaves...oh well.