Re: NFL 2023

Post by jhawks99 »

Vikes look terrible.
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:02 pm Vikes look terrible.
^^^
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:01 pm Go Vikes.

SKOL
Not sure where you wanted them to go but they went in to the crapper last night.
Last night SKOL was Danish-Norwegian-Swedish-Icelandic-Faroese for JUNK.

To me, the best Bears game in Minnesota in my lifetime. Can fast forward to the 7:30 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISrFf_43ywM
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm trying to support our local team. But, at least last night, they're JUNK.
Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The Vikings are still in the playoff hunt ( in fact, if the season ended today, they'd be in it ).
I very much hope this is enough to get Justin Jefferson on the field.

Meanwhile, Chicago's win makes their actual draft pick worse, and with another win, they could maybe even fall out of the top 8. However, because the Pants were morans, Bears look like they have the no. 1 overall pick in the bag. There's a lot of hype around Caleb Williams - would the Bears pass on that and trade down?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:31 am The Vikings are still in the playoff hunt ( in fact, if the season ended today, they'd be in it ).
I very much hope this is enough to get Justin Jefferson on the field.

Meanwhile, Chicago's win makes their actual draft pick worse, and with another win, they could maybe even fall out of the top 8. However, because the Pants were morans, Bears look like they have the no. 1 overall pick in the bag. There's a lot of hype around Caleb Williams - would the Bears pass on that and trade down?
considering Caleb Williams is a little bitch and claims he will only play fir very specific teams....id bet the Bears would figure something else out.

Caleb also may not be going peo this year, he claims he makes more than his rookie contract at USC so he might stay and play college ball until he gets his preferred landing spot in the NFL arranged
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

NFC.... Vikes have potential but I feel the Eagles and 9ers are far and away the two best teams. Cowboys could upset either of those two. Lions are pretenders.

As far as the Bears, of course the Bears will fuck it up in the offseason. Starting with keeping Matt Uberputz.
If the Bears get the first pick (from Carolina) - I hope they don't take a QB. They can win with Fields and good coaching if they adjust the offense to his strengths.
The question then becomes is Maserati Marv worth the first pick? I can see the Bears trading down and taking an OL and DT/DL in the first round.
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:12 am NFC.... Vikes have potential but I feel the Eagles and 9ers are far and away the two best teams. Cowboys could upset either of those two. Lions are pretenders.

As far as the Bears, of course the Bears will fuck it up in the offseason. Starting with keeping Matt Uberputz.
If the Bears get the first pick (from Carolina) - I hope they don't take a QB. They can win with Fields and good coaching if they adjust the offense to his strengths.
The question then becomes is Maserati Marv worth the first pick? I can see the Bears trading down and taking an OL and DT/DL in the first round.
Umm you forget about last year. If you have the first pick you take a QB or you trade it. The problem is you traded the #1 pick last year. There is no way you can do it again. I mean you could it would just mean you are 100 percent positive that Field's is the guy. Ok like I said you can not trade that pick.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

hartjack8 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:59 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:12 am NFC.... Vikes have potential but I feel the Eagles and 9ers are far and away the two best teams. Cowboys could upset either of those two. Lions are pretenders.

Umm you forget about last year. If you have the first pick you take a QB or you trade it. The problem is you traded the #1 pick last year. There is no way you can do it again. I mean you could it would just mean you are 100 percent positive that Field's is the guy. Ok like I said you can not trade that pick.
I feel Fields is the guy - with the right coaching staff.
People can laugh at me but I can't name 15 QB in the league who I feel are better than him. Thus, he's in the upper 50% of NFL starters.

Something I read yesterday.....
Fields has a higher passer rating than Lawrence, Burrow, and Stafford.
Despite missing 4 games he has rushed for more yards than any QB other than Hurts and Jackson.
Despite missing 4 games he has the same amount of passing TD as Lawrence.
He has a better completion % than C.J. Stroud.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mahomes
Hurts
Allen
Burrow
Herbert
Stroud
Jackson
Dak
Tua
Lawrence
Cousins
Russell
Goff
Stafford
Purdy

I’d also consider Kyler Murray who has shown MVP like seasons to maybe be above him. He’s in the Geno/Baker/Jordan Love range for me. I’m leaving Rodgers out of this list bc I’m not sure he plays again.

Burrow has a good track record of showing he wasn’t right this year. Lawrence is a bit off but he too showed he can lock in last season. Both those guys are clearly better than Fields.

Im not arguing that you shouldn’t keep him ( I’d might trade down again ). But the fact that it’s such a question whether you should trade down pretty much says all there needs to at this point.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:57 am Mahomes
Hurts
Allen
Burrow
Herbert
Stroud
Jackson
Dak
Tua
Lawrence
Cousins
Russell
Goff
Stafford
Purdy
I'm not going to disagree with your list - based them being more successful at least partially because they have better Coaching, Offensive Lines, Receivers, etc.
I THINK Fields is as good as some of those guys if you put Fields on their team and put them on the Bears.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

As a Bears fan, I think of Harbaugh in 1990 and 1991 and Grossman in 2006. I feel Justin Fields is a better QB than those guys. Those guys were good enough with the right players on offense and defense and decent coaching to go a collective 34-12 those seasons and get to the playoffs.
I don't feel there is a QB coming out that is worthy of the number #1 pick - in that he is no doubt going to be a better NFL QB (FOR THE BEARS) than Fields is.

If I am not mistaken, the last WR taken #1 was Keyshawn. That's kind of crazy to me.
Based on "best player available" logic, I feel if the Bears do get the #1 pick and don't trade it, the Bears have to take Maserati Marv #1.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm skeptical of Caleb Williams because of his drive/motivation. He'd have me nervous spending the no. 1 pick on. But man, dude has talent and is exciting.

I might, BECAUSE of Caleb Williams' hype, try to trade down again and just get a massive haul of picks - moreso than last years.

Get in the Raiders ear and have them sell their future - still end up with like pick no. 4 and no. 10.
And then their 1st's and 2nd's next year and Davante Adams to pair with DJ Moore.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:45 am I'm skeptical of Caleb Williams because of his drive/motivation. He'd have me nervous spending the no. 1 pick on. But man, dude has talent and is exciting.

I might, BECAUSE of Caleb Williams' hype, try to trade down again and just get a massive haul of picks - moreso than last years.

Get in the Raiders ear and have them sell their future - still end up with like pick no. 4 and no. 10.
And then their 1st's and 2nd's next year and Davante Adams to pair with DJ Moore.
Yes I like that. But the other side is Fields. He still on rookie contract however next year is last year and then the price of Fields going up. You take Caleb and reset the clock. You trade Fields which I think Gutter is right is a good QB to someone like Atlanta.

Look at what happen with the Giants. They decided to keep Jones and now are stuck. The Giants with a QB might be decent but they paying Jones 40 mill and the future is not bright.
Last edited by hartjack8 on Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I like your thinking!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There's that angle too.
It all depends on if you're thinking like Gutter and believe Fields is a top 15 QB.
I don't think Fields will ( or can ) demand big money because he hasn't proven anything so you could actually luck out ( again, if Fields is actually good ) and get him on a reasonable contract.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:49 am There's that angle too.
It all depends on if you're thinking like Gutter and believe Fields is a top 15 QB.
I don't think Fields will ( or can ) demand big money because he hasn't proven anything so you could actually luck out ( again, if Fields is actually good ) and get him on a reasonable contract.
Yeah that is why I brought up Jones. A team that extended their QB and wasn't a top tier QB.

A side note with QB extension's. Really think this is working in Chiefs favor.
Every time I see a team with them paying their QB after the rookie deal I smile.

Next up the Fins. Time to pay TUA!!! Lol He going to get 50+ Mill.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Tua and Trevor.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:18 amTua and Trevor.
Trevor is with Fields you got one more year but TUA with Burrow and Herbert he gets 50+ next year. So last year the Bears say Fields is the guy and trade the pick. I just do not see how if they do the same this year they can not at least sign him to Jones money. I still trade him to Atlanta or Vegas. The way you work it is any team that calls wanting the #1 wants a QB. You say ummm no but what about Fields.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The issue with trading Fields is that teams know he hasn't shown much so far and they also know they will have to do what Chicago would have to - which is pay him.

I don't think you'd get much for Fields - like a 3rd and maybe a 4th?
But sure, if you strike gold with your rookie QB, you have 4-5 years of all that cap space to build around.
Then i'd use that 1st on a QB and then trade my 4th/5th overall pick if someone was looking to move up.