Re: Assassination attempt on trump

Post by Sparko »

Dangerous republican kooks goin' to kook
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:10 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:28 pm I watched an interview with one of his classmates while an interesting looking classmate stood next to him. If "we" were to profile, should we feel these two kids seem "off"? Thats the problem. We don't know who is capable of what unless we consider anyone is capable of anything. So what extremes do we take it to - or ignore?

https://twitter.com/The_Real_Fly/status ... 4838062451
Shades of Project MKUltra.
https://www.npr.org/2019/09/09/75898964 ... r-in-chief
"Ultimately, Gottlieb concluded that mind control was not possible".
Really?
I disagree. What levels and degrees are we talking about? Maybe he felt not by the methods he used in his experiments but I say of course "mind control" is possible.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:01 pm I lol’d

From the story in the link fish provided - Early Sunday morning, Trump posted on Truth social that it was “God alone who prevented the unthinkable from happening” and that he would “fear not.” Again, in talking to the Washington Examiner, he invoked “God” for his deliverance.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:24 pm That speech will be the official end of life as we know it in this country.

People are mobilizing, and not just in Psychs’ wet dreams.
I am not disagreeing (or necessarily agreeing) but heck, you mention Psych in it and you do realize your post is randyesque - right?

I'll oblige and conform.
Donald Trump running for and being elected President in 2016 was the end of life as we knew it in this country. Whatever that really means is up to/for interpretation. Right?
Biden and now MAYBE Trump are saying they want to use the "assassination attempt" to unify our country.
At least they are saying the right thing/s - to people like you and I - and my hope is most/all of the people on here.
If I am understanding you correctly, MY concern is your concern - that the "assassination attempt" will divide portions/segments of our country (even more than they are "divided) and the repercussions of that will be something/s that can/will be really ugly. Even more ugly than what we are currently seeing and facing in that regard.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

SWEET! I'm gonna git me one soon too. I wonder if the Secret Service guy is going to get NIL $?

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status ... 8845856100
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:59 am
Overlander wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:24 pm That speech will be the official end of life as we know it in this country.

People are mobilizing, and not just in Psychs’ wet dreams.
I am not disagreeing (or necessarily agreeing) but heck, you mention Psych in it and you do realize your post is randyesque - right?

I'll oblige and conform.
Donald Trump running for and being elected President in 2016 was the end of life as we knew it in this country. Whatever that really means is up to/for interpretation. Right?
Biden and now MAYBE Trump are saying they want to use the "assassination attempt" to unify our country.
At least they are saying the right thing/s - to people like you and I - and my hope is most/all of the people on here.
If I am understanding you correctly, MY concern is your concern - that the "assassination attempt" will divide portions/segments of our country (even more than they are "divided) and the repercussions of that will be something/s that can/will be really ugly. Even more ugly than what we are currently seeing and facing in that regard.
Video is worth watching......
Hits on what Jeeper said.

https://twitter.com/MrsButters/status/1 ... 8827656443
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sunday print edition of the Times

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Imagine paying tuition to be taught by a fucking lunatic who has decided, along with a horde of other mouth breathers, to ignore evidence and “do their own research” which means watching YouTube videos created by people just trying to get views and reading conspiracy posts written by people trying to get likes.

Imagine paying tuition and the person teaching you thinks Covid was some fake/deep state control tactic and that the election was stolen.

Imagine paying tuition and the person teaching you uses 'trust me bro' or 'wake up' when citing his sources.

Can his students get their money back?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

One of my all time favorite psych hot takes was when he started talking all sorts of shit on Selby in the legends of the phog thread, saying Selby has burned bridges and didn’t want anything to do with KU any more, completely oblivious to the fact Selby was out there dunking.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

But man, these memes!

Puerto Ricans:

*throws a paper towel at Trump’s ear*
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:43 am One of my all time favorite psych hot takes was when he started talking all sorts of shit on Selby in the legends of the phog thread, saying Selby has burned bridges and didn’t want anything to do with KU any more, completely oblivious to the fact Selby was out there dunking.
I think you have me confused with someone else in that regard. I could be wrong, but I don't recall having any strong feelings about Selby.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:39 am Imagine paying tuition to be taught by a fucking lunatic who has decided, along with a horde of other mouth breathers, to ignore evidence and “do their own research” which means watching YouTube videos created by people just trying to get views and reading conspiracy posts written by people trying to get likes.

Imagine paying tuition and the person teaching you thinks Covid was some fake/deep state control tactic and that the election was stolen.

Imagine paying tuition and the person teaching you uses 'trust me bro' or 'wake up' when citing his sources.

Ah, name-calling. Always the first sign that someone has nothing valid to say and is about to have an aneurism.

Go do some deep breathing. It'll be okay.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:49 am Sunday print edition of the Times

Yes, the NYT is widely recognized as the paragon of impartiality and objectivity, so I'm sure their editorial bored holds itself to the same high standard.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

so, psych = randi?

never seen so much frothing at the mouth
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:49 am Sunday print edition of the Times

Yeah, and did you read Elon Musk's tweet in regards to it?
HE is the biggest hypocritical piece of shit on the planet in regards to what he said.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:30 am
pdub wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:39 am Imagine paying tuition to be taught by a fucking lunatic who has decided, along with a horde of other mouth breathers, to ignore evidence and “do their own research” which means watching YouTube videos created by people just trying to get views and reading conspiracy posts written by people trying to get likes.

Ah, name-calling. Always the first sign that someone has nothing valid to say and is about to have an aneurism.

Just to clarify, you were absent on these boreds, and came rushing back when the time to spew your run of the mill Trumperisms which revolve around fabricated stories and conspiracies was at a boiling point.

Here is a definition of lunatic:

"a person who behaves in a wildly foolish, reckless, or uncontrolled manner"

Now let's attribute that to a poster who, after an assassination attempt on his candidate, shows up and tells other posters on the bored to 'feel a chill' and posts extremely inaccurate ( but commonly wielded by his candidate's supporters ) statements such as 'A stolen election, imprisoning everyday Americans for protesting the stolen election, repeatedly trying to illegitimately put Trump in prison...'.

I'd say we certainly check the box of wildly foolish.
Reckless might be a bit of a stretch but it's in that area.
Uncontrolled manner box is checked too.

Sorry I used the word 'fucking' before the word lunatic.
It's probably better if you aren't.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:31 am

Yes, the NYT is widely recognized as the paragon of impartiality and objectivity.
If we had just one such source, and it competed with the polar dwelling sources, we would all be better served.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The AP and ABC still are attempting to do their best to do so.

The Christian Science Monitor used to be my go-to here but they stopped delivering daily news.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I know there are attempts, but few choose them, as they do offer bias confirmation, which most (myself sometimes) don’t realize or care to ackowledge
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:03 am
JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:30 am

Just to clarify, you were absent on these boreds, and came rushing back when the time to spew your run of the mill Trumperisms which revolve around fabricated stories and conspiracies was at a boiling point.

Here is a definition of lunatic:

"a person who behaves in a wildly foolish, reckless, or uncontrolled manner"

Now let's attribute that to a poster who, after an assassination attempt on his candidate, shows up and tells other posters on the bored to 'feel a chill' and posts extremely inaccurate ( but commonly wielded by his candidate's supporters ) statements such as 'A stolen election, imprisoning everyday Americans for protesting the stolen election, repeatedly trying to illegitimately put Trump in prison...'.

I'd say we certainly check the box of wildly foolish.
Reckless might be a bit of a stretch but it's in that area.
Uncontrolled manner box is checked too.

Sorry I used the word 'fucking' before the word lunatic.
It's probably better if you aren't.
Sorry, but I can't take anyone seriously who sincerely believes that soccer and women's basketball are worth watching, much less talking about. The disconnect from reality is too much.