Israel/Palestine

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Israel/Palestine

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think it is important to understand that Hamas' leadership have pretty sweet lives sending in waves of true believers to the next attack. I am sure they are honored guests in Iran and elsewhere.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I guess Lebanon wants to become Gaza.
Difference is I believe Lebanon's/Hezbollah's allies will be quicker to come to their aid and won't allow it to happen.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

maybe?

i guess iran could be waiting for a more opportune time

or, could just be another addition of FAFO
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 12:17 pm …another addition of FAFO
i don’t agree with a lot of bibi’s/Israel’s approach, but are the muslim brotherhood factions ever going to learn?

it seems israel is hell-bent on returning any aggression 10-fold, and yet…
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:55 am
KUTradition wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 12:17 pm …another addition of FAFO
i don’t agree with a lot of bibi’s/Israel’s approach, but are the muslim brotherhood factions ever going to learn?

it seems israel is hell-bent on returning any aggression 10-fold, and yet…
Moral hazard, right? The people on the receiving end of the hell-bent-itude tend to be the folks, as it were.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

https://www.businessinsider.com/marc-mi ... ted-2024-8

Maybe the Houthis’ will run out of missles/drones. Here’s hoping? What a plan!🤔
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

6 more dead hostages.
Moral of the story.... This didn't have to happen and between Hamas, Bibi, and people feel at least to a small degree Biden, the "leaders" are responsible for THEIR citizens getting killed.
Who exactly is winning the "war" here?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:57 am 6 more dead hostages.
Moral of the story.... This didn't have to happen and between Hamas, Bibi, and people feel at least to a small degree Biden, the "leaders" are responsible for THEIR citizens getting killed.
No one. No one is winning that war. Gawddammit.
Broham
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Always throw Biden in there? What is America to do? Bibi ignored intelligence to stay in power. Hostages rarely return alive in the Middle East. It has been true for centuries. The people who hold the cards do not care.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I'm probably going to put this on a Donald thread too.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Just a reminder that it was Donald Trump who allegedly talked Bibi into not signing the deal proposed by Joe Biden and the US.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:14 am
Just a reminder that it was Donald Trump who allegedly talked Bibi into not signing the deal proposed by Joe Biden and the US.
I'm sorry, what are you talking about?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:45 am
It looks like that reporter has been refuted so I will happily retract that statement.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:01 am
It looks like that reporter has been refuted so I will happily retract that statement.
Yeah, I was a bit confused.
We have citizen Donald Trump being mentioned with Bibi. What could go right when you mention the two of them together?
While Trump very well could have had a legitimate reason other than just to fuck Biden and Harris to tell Bibi not to sign it, I wouldn't put it past him to not really give a shit about Israel and Gaza and care more about fucking Biden and Harris.
While that story that you originally claimed is completely believable, I assume Trump would rather tell people he could and would end "the war" in 10 minutes if he was President.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:20 am

Yeah, I was a bit confused.
We have citizen Donald Trump being mentioned with Bibi. What could go right when you mention the two of them together?
While Trump very well could have had a legitimate reason other than just to fuck Biden and Harris to tell Bibi not to sign it, I wouldn't put it past him to not really give a shit about Israel and Gaza and care more about fucking Biden and Harris.
While that story that you originally claimed is completely believable, I assume Trump would rather tell people he could and would end "the war" in 10 minutes if he was President.
While ignoring the fact that Trump offered all sorts if things to Israel to sign a peace agreement and wasn't able to get it done.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-i-t ... o-be-true/
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

We'll see where reporting goes.

Citizen Trump's meetings with foreign leaders generally trample on the Logan Act, so certainly it would not be surprising for him to disregard it in any particular specific context.

Citizen Trump also thumbed the scale for personal reasons on immigration, so certainly it would not be surprising for him to thumb the scale for personal reasons in a different specific context.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

No, they don't. But they also have only so many hostages to kill. I have a feeling in the back of my head that we are pointed toward ultimatums (ultimata?) as regarding 10/7/24.