Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:26 am that’s funny
There has also been rumors of significant back and forth between the twins and the 3 Jokic brothers.
Deleted User 863

Cascadia wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:55 am I feel bad for Kieff but, “don't start nothing, won't be nothing”.

Stop being a dumbshit bro.
Ya, i go back and forth on it. The twins are definitely enforcers/tough guys on every team they're on. They also trash talk their fair share. Which tbh i enjoy all of from them 99% of the time.

This is one where I feel bad for Kief that he's been hurt so badly from the incident, but like you sort of said they operate/exist in the world of these kind of altercations within the game. Obviously i don't think Jokic meant to hurt him by doing that, at least not this badly. I think Jokic wanted to fight tbh and figured that would escalate it. You can sort of see in the video when he doesn't get up that Jokic seems a bit surprised/thrown off. There are a lot of guys who would quickly back down from the twins, Jokic unfortunately isn't one of them.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

People don't like the Morris twins - and I can't say it's without good reason.
Another punk move by a twinkee.

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Wiggins about to be a starter in the all star game
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BMac started for the Blazers. Good game so far. Double digit points in the first half.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:35 pm Wiggins about to be a starter in the all star game
Maybe. Maybe not. My guess is probably not.
He may be a top 3 vote getter in the West for the FANS votes but the players and the media get a say in it too.
Will be interesting to see where he goes in the "draft". I'm confident it won't be top 10.
No matter where he is drafted, I'm happy for him it's looking like he's going to be playing in his first all-star game - in of all places - Cleveland (the team that drafted him).
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:24 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:35 pm Wiggins about to be a starter in the all star game
He may be a top 3 vote getter in the West for the FANS votes but the players and the media get a say in it too.
Will be interesting to see where he goes in the "draft". I'm confident it won't be top 10.
No matter where he is drafted, I'm happy for him it's looking like he's going to be playing in his first all-star game - in of all places - Cleveland (the team that drafted him).
the way they had been doing it is the 10 top vote guys are the starters. they draft from the pool of 10 first, and after the starters are set, they draft the remaining players. so if wiggs gets the fan vote he will be a starter
Deleted User 863

randylahey wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:22 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:24 am
the way they had been doing it is the 10 top vote guys are the starters. they draft from the pool of 10 first, and after the starters are set, they draft the remaining players. so if wiggs gets the fan vote he will be a starter
Fan vote is only 50% of starters. 25% current players. 25% media.

Reserves are chosen by the 30 nba coaches.

Without decent chunks of the 25% current players and 25% media, Wiggins will have a hard time making it this year. But i am more confident than ever that he will eventually be an all star.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Dotson waived by da Bulls today...he should head for Europe.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

InfiniteJ wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:08 pm Dotson waived by da Bulls today...he should head for Europe.
He should’ve stayed for his junior year.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

bummer
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:57 am
InfiniteJ wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:08 pm Dotson waived by da Bulls today...he should head for Europe.
To accomplish what, exactly? It amazes me how many people think that's the best solution for a player because they aren't an instant NBA starter/all-star, like there aren't multiple other leagues to make a very good living playing in, if being a professional player is the goal. He's already made just under $700k in his career. Do you think he stopped trying to develop his game once he left and staying in college is the only place a player can do that?

The shelf life for an athlete is extremely short, so why not maximize your earning potential instead of playing for nothing? Remember NIL wasn't around when he made that decision. And maybe even more importantly, there was a lot of doubt around whether or not there was even going to be a season his junior year.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If simply arguing money ( and there are several other reasons besides money ) you can play a college season to get a guaranteed contract.

Dotson may ( i'd argue likely ) have made enough noise at KU to get drafted into the first round which is at minimum, a guarantee of over 3 million dollars - and most of the time teams pick up your third year option if you were a 1st round pick - so there's a 98% chance you are going to make 5 million dollars in 3 years at the minimum.

Instead, he's earned something like 700k and now is waived.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:13 am
sdoyel wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:57 am
To accomplish what, exactly? It amazes me how many people think that's the best solution for a player because they aren't an instant NBA starter/all-star, like there aren't multiple other leagues to make a very good living playing in, if being a professional player is the goal. He's already made just under $700k in his career. Do you think he stopped trying to develop his game once he left and staying in college is the only place a player can do that?

The shelf life for an athlete is extremely short, so why not maximize your earning potential instead of playing for nothing? Remember NIL wasn't around when he made that decision. And maybe even more importantly, there was a lot of doubt around whether or not there was even going to be a season his junior year.
I agree. I don't think Dotson was going to add more to his development by staying at KU rather than by going pro. He was going to have to fight through the G League and Europe no matter how long he stayed at Kansas a la Wayne Selden. Might as well get started on the process as soon as possible so you can spend more time focused on it rather than attending classes you don't care about and being limited in the amount of hours you can practice in ncaa hoops.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ochai is an example of how this should work out.
Instead of, say, a non guaranteed 2 year deal worth a total of 1.6 million he'd get after being picked 45th, he'll get 2.9 million his first year, 3 million his second and 3.2 million his third.

Because he bet on himself, he'll be earning 9 million dollars, with a pretty likely shot at close to 14 if his fourth year is picked up.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

It varies from person to person to person, but starting the clock later can be good too. You're only going to be given so many chances. Letting yourself improve in college instead of as a pro means you aren't using up any of those chances.

Obviously age also matters, but the difference between being 20 vs 21 is small. And like Pdub said, he coulda played his way into a 1st round draft pick if he could have improved his jumper.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.