Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by KUTradition »

unsubstantiated reports of russian missiles landing in Poland…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

that would be very bad news.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

That's not good
Broham
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Woah. Wait just a minute there guys. How do we know it's not Poland's fault?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

They actually do have a neo-Nazi problem too. If that's justification for being attacked, then they deserve it.

Of course, it isn't.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

scary stuff either way

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

what’s the error range on russian missiles?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:25 pm Woah. Wait just a minute there guys. How do we know it's not Poland's fault?
No no, its the USA fault. If we weren't backing and arming the Nazi regime of Ukraine then Papa Putin would have already squashed the threat and returned the republic to the motherland and wouldn't be needing to continue to fire missiles at civilian buildings and infrastructure and therefore the threat of errant artillery and expanded war would be nil.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

am I doing this right?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

On a more realistic note....I assume, and hope, they will wait to determine exactly what the rockets were and who's they were and how it happened prior to making any rash decisions. The difference that information could make is tremendous and with potentially global implications.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I might respond more to this depending, but, for now:

assume this Russian missiles in Poland story, like every other story in this thread, is probably propaganda.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I believe it might be accurate to posit that you have fallen into a common poker players fallacy and believe yourself to be pot committed. You've invested so much that you just can't bring yourself to fold, despite all the evidence being there to support the move and continuance to the river being a losing play.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wut?

Dude, not even the pentagon is confirming. Right now should prob just take it with a grain of salt.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

now rumors that they may have been ukrainian air defense missiles
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:52 pm Wut?

Dude, not even the pentagon is confirming. Right now should prob just take it with a grain of salt.
I wasn't talking about this specific incident with my comment.

AND, if you read a few posts up I already said that I hope they review and have 100% confirmation on where the rocketa came from and who's they really are before any action is taken. Obviously that's the key part of this whole issue.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ok?

what were you even talking about then with poker and such?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Happy Wednesday. Let the games begin!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sooo

if the rockets WERE fired by Ukraine...

...what now?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

nothing, presuming these were defensive counter-measures gone awry

we all breath a collective sigh of relief
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea. Considering the alternatives include potential WW3, I'm cool with accepting "nothing" as an option, I guess.

Part of me wants to ask, if the allegations turned out to be true that it WAS a missile fired by Russia into Poland, would we still be so willing to accept the "accidental" excuse, but that's prob too much devil's advocate downer pity.

And when you initially asked "what's the error range on Russian missiles, now I'm tempted to ask, what's the error range on Ukrainian missiles? Especially when fired as a "defensive counter-measure." But again, maybe too guttermetery.

I'm even tempted to ask whether we should have more oversight of the Ukrainian forces, particularly if/when it involves weapons furnished by you and me, but we already know that's pretty wildly unpopular to even ask.

Let's just hope nothing more becomes of it.