COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by TDub »

Yea, and thats fair. I try not to fly if at all possible al that particular example shouldnt impact me, and, it very well could be the exact correct approach to move forward. I'm not totally convinced yet and I especially dont like the precedent.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:36 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:33 am
TDub wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:26 am

Ehh. Not sure I like that approach. In this instance I might lean towards Oussies favorite people (tho, in reality I won't because Im not going anywhere this year most likely). Can we at least test this on a large scale (no, 60k peopke is not a large scale) and wait a year or two before we start forcing it on society?

When China's Xi is leading the charge on something tbat could be used nefariously or oppressively....it makes me a bit apprehensive
Sure, I understand that many are going to disagree with my views on it and the reasons why. And my thoughts on societal/personal freedoms as a whole.

I personally would rather fly an airline that's following Qantas's lead and would feel much safer having had to fly domestically during COVID. International travel barriers have taken a large toll on my house. Ready for a return and it seems the private sector will step up to meet that.
Not to mention, assuming the federal government does not give corporations immunity from suit, travel and hospitality businesses really should adopt common-sense requirements in order to protect themselves.
The vaccine manufacturer doesnt have to protect themselves....we did that for them 34 years ago for some reason. (I get it. Just not totally onboard with blanket immunity for this type of thing)
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:30 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:28 am not sure what you’re getting at, Tdub, but china has zero to do with any vaccine we’re likely to have available in the US
Yea its not the vaccine its the requirong of a vaccine to participate in society. Hes pushing this whole global code thing that identifies people as covid vaccinated or not. I cant remember exatcly what it was called...it was basically a golbal health QR code per individual

It could be 666 stamped on your forehead.
Broham
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The incoming administration is smart not to snap back at Trump's ridiculous claims that he is responsible for the development of the vaccines. The last goddamned thing we need is for refusing the vaccine to become some sort of MAGA badge of honor.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:09 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:28 am not sure what you’re getting at, Tdub, but china has zero to do with any vaccine we’re likely to have available in the US
Yea its not the vaccine its the requirong of a vaccine to participate in society. Hes pushing this whole global code thing that identifies people as covid vaccinated or not. I cant remember exatcly what it was called...it was basically a golbal health QR code per individual

Leave TDub’s face tats outta this!
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

It happened under his watch. So yes, he gets to claim it.

That’s how it works. You get the credit for the good stuff. The blame for the bad.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wait, since when have Trump supporters blamed him for anything bad?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:19 am It happened under his watch. So yes, he gets to claim it.

That’s how it works. You get the credit for the good stuff. The blame for the bad.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:19 am
jhawks99 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:09 am

Leave TDub’s face tats outta this!
Brosef. No no. No post limon for me.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lol at the idea that a vaccine happened because of trump

it happened in spite of him. pfizer et al. would have done what they did regardless
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:19 am It happened under his watch. So yes, he gets to claim it.

Then i suppose you should be lamenting the fact that, as the dow hit 30k, there are miles long lines of vehicles stretching onto the highways in texas lining up for the foodbank?

Another reminder that a hard, long term, lockdown will have a dramatic effect on the economy. The 20s dont seem to be roarin
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“Hi, we’re staying with y’all for our thanksgiving vacation, and I’m candidly mentioning I have a fever and a head cold, but only mentioning it in the context of proudly proclaiming a little DayQuil will clear it up, cuz who has time for covid? Psh! Anywho, we called to let you know we’re checking out early so we can get an extra day to drive up to my niece’s wedding in Milwaukee this weekend...”
Deleted User 89

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03326-w

and, no tests as of yet on children or pregnant women

still a lot of unknowns
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Lot of unknowns with exposure too, unless all participants are somehow exposed consitently and comparably. I imagine those who signed up for the study are more likely to avoid situations of increased exposure, wear masks, not gather for halloween parties etc.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:43 pm Lot of unknowns with exposure too, unless all participants are somehow exposed consitently and comparably. I imagine those who signed up for the study are more likely to avoid situations of increased exposure, wear masks, not gather for halloween parties etc.
even that depends on the study. the moderna a pfizer folks did it one way, and oxford/astrazeneca another when it comes to who was being regularly tested after vaccination

something else to consider, is that just because we may have 5 or so that get emergency use authorization, it’s likely that only a subset of those (if any) will get full approval for licensing once the pandemic “emergency” has subsided
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:28 am Aren't the phase 3 and 4 clinical trial participants the guinea pigs?
You’re trying to reason with anti-vaxxers
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:01 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:28 am Aren't the phase 3 and 4 clinical trial participants the guinea pigs?
You’re trying to reason with anti-vaxxers
Did you sign up for the vaccine study?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

https://www.lifespan.org/centers-servic ... ine-trials

Here. Now you can go put your money where your loud mouth is.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Friend from Kansas posted a pic of them at a 5k/10k this morning. Happy thanksgiving.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Friend of mine died last year on November 25th.
Last night a rather large group of people (at least 25) got together to celebrate him.
I'm sure it was nice but I didn't have the heart, brain, balls, to say to them - I hope none of you join him in the near future because you felt the need to be ignorant.